Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amped My Front Stage
Well...I finally decided to amp my front stage. I have the Alpine Type S 5X7 Component set. Off the decks amp it sounded like crap. I had an old Bazooka 300watt 2 channel amp lying around so I decided to put it to work. The amp puts out 60watts rms per channel and these speakers are designed to take 75watts rms so I figured it was close enough. Installation was a pain...god I hate running cables from front to back but in the end it was damn well worth it. Now my highs and mids are amazing sounding and compliment the lows being produced by my welfare walmart subs.

anyone out there running components in their front stage...I highly recommend amping them. The clean sound you get from doing this is well worth all the troubles...and in my case wounds.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
I have JBL C608GTi competition components in the front and I can run 150W RMS to them. I wouldn't dare because I would blow my eardrums so I only ran 75W RMS to them. I agree though it sounds so amazing!
That's my project tomorrow. I have the amp hooked up and ready, just need to run the speaker wire :)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
MMM, amped components. al did you finish your project yet?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Sep 13 2005, 11:06 AM Wrote:MMM, amped components.  al did you finish your project yet?
[right][snapback]141632[/snapback][/right]

Nah postponed the components after the deck died. The money for the components was sunk into that. So right now I just have some louder 6x8's from MA... sounds good, but when the new speakers go in we'll see what's shakin :D

It's friggin loud now tho... need to tune it as the louder it gets, the less I like the stock presets :P I dunno why I didn't amp my speakers before tho... amazing difference.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)