Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detroit Or Pittsburgh
ZX3_2NV,Jun 12 2009, 09:27 AM Wrote:I wouldn't say hes choking hes just getting covered very well by Detroit.
[right][snapback]289402[/snapback][/right]
Funny, Gretzky didn't make excuses.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
and so the Pens expose the Wings as old and slow (I'm sorry but Detroit had everything, home ice, insane crowd) they should have been jacked and instead came out in the first two periods and played like garbage.

They woke up in the third but by that time the Pens had figured out that yes, they could in fact play with (and outplay) the former Stanley Cup champs

Pittsburgh won this as much as Detroit lost it...

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2009, 11:20 PM Wrote:Pittsburgh won this as much as Detroit lost it...
[right][snapback]289444[/snapback][/right]
Yep, too bad. Too little, too late.

Congrats to the Pens, they won working hard and despite Crosby not showing up again in the series.

PS. Hey Nef, you do realize that the Leafs haven't had a chance to be former Stanley Cup Champs in over 40 years, right? :lol:
OAC_Sparky,Jun 13 2009, 08:28 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2009, 11:20 PM Wrote:Pittsburgh won this as much as Detroit lost it...

Congrats to the Pens, they won working hard and despite Crosby not showing up again in the series.

PS. Hey Nef, you do realize that the Leafs haven't had a chance to be former Stanley Cup Champs in over 40 years, right? :lol:
[right][snapback]289445[/snapback][/right]
Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins, I was a bit suprised, and to the Detroit Red Wins for a great, finally, Stanley Cup final. Sparky, I think you have it slightly incorrect, the Leafs have been former Stanley Cup Champs for over 40 years. :o
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 13 2009, 08:00 AM Wrote:Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins, I was a bit suprised, and to the Detroit Red Wins for a great, finally, Stanley Cup final.  Sparky, I think you have it slightly incorrect, the Leafs have been former  Stanley Cup Champs for over 40 years. :o
[right][snapback]289446[/snapback][/right]
I stand corrected. Although with the Leafs I suspect it will be another 40 before they shed that title.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 13 2009, 11:06 AM Wrote:
oldeguy,Jun 13 2009, 08:00 AM Wrote:Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins, I was a bit suprised, and to the Detroit Red Wins for a great, finally, Stanley Cup final.  Sparky, I think you have it slightly incorrect, the Leafs have been former  Stanley Cup Champs for over 40 years. :o
[right][snapback]289446[/snapback][/right]
I stand corrected. Although with the Leafs I suspect it will be another 40 before they shed that title.
[right][snapback]289449[/snapback][/right]
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe 10, I hope
K&N Filter.....
BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
EAT IT UP SPARKY!!!
[SIZE=x-small][COLOR=gray][FONT=Arial][I] Killa Cam ST
GO PENS GO WOOOT
im sick and tired of the wings
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Crosby was visibly upset that he didn't get to play for most of the second period and almost all of the third. At least he stayed off (after one "tester" shift) and hopefully he heals well.

I don't know who had the most heroic save now - Scuderi in Game 6 (3 in a row) or that wicked diving save by Fleury in the last seconds of Game 7. THAT's heroism right there. They earned every inch of that cup.

Although Malkin was MVP, Talbot gets my nod as first star of game 7, followed closely by Fleury. I love watching 2nd and 3rd line guys step up to get s*** done when it's crunch time.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
OAC_Sparky,Jun 13 2009, 07:28 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]289445[/snapback][/right]

Considering that in game 7 Sid got folded up like a piece of paper, I'm not surprised he was invisible. Don't forget too that Zetterberg was so close to Crosby that he could tell what toothpaste Sid used. Zetterberg is hardly your typical NHL defenceman that Crosby can skate around blindfolded :lol:

I still think Fleury should have got the series MVP, he doesn't make those saves, Detroit wins it in five games (even accounting for one stinker that Fluery had)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2009, 10:33 PM Wrote:I still think Fleury should have got the series MVP, he doesn't make those saves, Detroit wins it in five games (even accounting for one stinker that Fluery had)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]289458[/snapback][/right]

I totally agree. I don't care how many points Malkin scored...half of them didn't mean anything because the games were blow outs. Fleury desverved the Conn Smyth in the humble opinion of this disgruntled Wings fan...Guess it's time to change the siggy :(
SVT ZX3,Jun 15 2009, 12:09 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jun 13 2009, 10:33 PM Wrote:I still think Fleury should have got the series MVP, he doesn't make those saves, Detroit wins it in five games (even accounting for one stinker that Fluery had)

NefCanuck

I totally agree. I don't care how many points Malkin scored...half of them didn't mean anything because the games were blow outs. Fleury desverved the Conn Smyth in the humble opinion of this disgruntled Wings fan...Guess it's time to change the siggy :(
[right][snapback]289494[/snapback][/right]
What? Giving up on them already? Try waiting for 42 years.............and counting :blink:
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,Jun 15 2009, 11:34 AM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Jun 15 2009, 12:09 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]289494[/snapback][/right]
What? Giving up on them already? Try waiting for 42 years.............and counting :blink:
[right][snapback]289497[/snapback][/right]

LOL, no not giving up on them. Hockey season is over and has left a bitter taste in my mouth. Don't worry a new season is only 4 months away.....
at least you got to enjoy the playoffs. I had fun wathcing them, but no nail biting for me this year...and with all the changes coming down the pipe for montreal, I just hope we squeak into the playoffs next year.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]