Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barrie Bbq And Meet
Might have to stop and reload with more beers on the way up.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
reload!
just top let ya know, i'll still be there adn the wife and the little guy ( i think ), another friend of mine and [possibly 2 others from barrie

so i hope its a good turn out and my car won't be 100 % cuz i have like NO TIME to prep it for sat :angry: which i'm not happy bout

but i will be there
Sorry Guys, I gotta back out too. Gotta go to Ottawa and help my sister & brother in law with some drywall work at their new place. My apologies especially to ShangriaRedZx3 with regards to the cake (if its been made yet).

Mmmm cake :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Cool I'm looking forward to this too......

I'll bring all the Foci stuff I have in the garage that I want to sell off. Oh, and since I could not get an appointment ( oct 17th it goes in to be completed :rolleyes: ) in to get the car's front end finished before this event my car is not going to be 100% either, So no wise cracks! :angry: lol :lol:

I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Oscar The Grouch,Sep 14 2005, 07:15 PM Wrote:Sorry Guys, I gotta back out too.  Gotta go to Ottawa and help my sister & brother in law with some drywall work at their new place.  My apologies especially to ShangriaRedZx3 with regards to the cake (if its been made yet).

Mmmm cake :D
[right][snapback]142028[/snapback][/right]

Its cool, no worries. I gotta back out too.
I'll send you a virtual cake... lol
SangriaRedZX5,Sep 15 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Its cool, no worries. I gotta back out too.
I'll send you a virtual cake... lol
[right][snapback]142214[/snapback][/right]

I didn't even tell anyone I was going... how is it the women are still bailing?

it's like they know :ph34r:
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

We are looking at SEPTEMBER 17th - so aim for good weather

It will be held at the parking lot across from my house - it hold 40-80 cars
(please absolutly no smoke shows-no loud music-no excessive noise)
I dont want to get kicked out of the lot - and i still get along with the neighbours

*bring your chair as i have a patio set and a couple chairs - so no seats!!!
*bring your meat - pick your poison and i'll cook it up for you - no charge -of course
*Ill have water on hand and some pop - but please feel free to bring munchies and other drinks
***I will not be providing booze - so if you want bring your own - BUT PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE*****

**I am also advertising in barrie for some new members - so lets show them what a good club we are - ok

**The best directions from the south is 400 north to bayfield exit - left at the top of the ramp - right at the second set of lights on to ferris lane - #88 (all pine on the front of our house - also last house on left)

There will be advertising in some of the car dealers and shops so there will probably be some spectators as well..

feel free to contact me anytime - (705) 321-5409 cell - (705) 730-1121 home

88 ferris lane - or PM me for more info!!!

thanks guys and gals

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?for...de=l4m+4z6

PEOPLE I HAVE COMING

ANTHONY (+1)
NEF CANUCK
SANGRIAREDZX5 (+1)
FROST_2001
OSCAR THE GROUCH
MEFORD4U
FOCUZEDN20 (+2)
SDPZX3 - SEAN (+2 OR 3)
DBLAST
ZX3GUY2000 (+1)
SMITH21 (MAYBE)
FLOFOCUS
FOCUSONTHIS
MARTINFAN
SCOOBASTEVE
SCHADE (?)

PLUS ABOUT 10-20 EXTRA PEOPLE COMING TO CHECK OUT THE CARS

IT WILL BE BUSY - AND YES THE GEORGIAN AUTO SHOW IS ON SO FEEL FREE TO COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE - THIS IS A GOOD HANG OUT DAY FOR EVERYONE AND WE ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO A SCHEDULE SO HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE HERE AND PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE FUN!!

MMOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sorry just trying to kept the bbq in the main screen - because it is this week - ciao

hope to see everyone - if you have stuff to sell or want to buy - post yr requests or bring your stuff - should be an awesome day of good old chat

focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok it's raining and shitty out now, but is supposed to clear up for Sat. Not that I am cancelling or anything stupid. But if need be, is there anyway we could do a quick wash if necessary? Is there a place nearby ---hand washing of course.

Anthony, you and I can chat tonite about what time we are leaving Burlington, but has it been figured out a time and place to meet on the 400?

Nope, nobody has figured it out until the last friggin minute. How about the car pool area at 400 & Hwy 9/Orangeville exit. 1pm. Take Anthony's cell # from the wing night thread if you need to call a brother. Chime in here for a possible head count and I'll check it tomorrow before we leave.

When you get off the 400 north turn west/left and I believe it's on your left hand side. I could be wrong since it's been a while.

meford4u,Sep 16 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Ok it's raining and shitty out now, but is supposed to clear up for Sat.  Not that I am cancelling or anything stupid.  But if need be, is there anyway we could do a quick wash if necessary?  Is there a place nearby ---hand washing of course.

Anthony, you and I can chat tonite about what time we are leaving Burlington, but has it been figured out a time and place to meet on the 400?

Nope, nobody has figured it out until the last friggin minute.  How about the car pool area at 400 & Hwy 9/Orangeville exit.  1pm.  Take Anthony's cell # from the wing night thread if you need to call a brother.  Chime in here for a possible head count and I'll check it tomorrow before we leave.

When you get off the 400 north turn west/left and I believe it's on your left hand side.  I could be wrong since it's been a while.
[right][snapback]142621[/snapback][/right]

I have an even better suggestion. There is a gas bar/restaurant/rest stop on the 400 northbound between the Major Mackenzie Rd. Exit and the King City Sideroad exit (It has a Petro Crap and a Tims/Wendy's in it)

We could all meet there at a designated time. I can park in teh disabled parking so my Focus would be easy enough to spot.

How's that?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 16 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Sep 16 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:Ok it's raining and shitty out now, but is supposed to clear up for Sat.  Not that I am cancelling or anything stupid.  But if need be, is there anyway we could do a quick wash if necessary?  Is there a place nearby ---hand washing of course.

Nope, nobody has figured it out until the last friggin minute.  How about the car pool area at 400 & Hwy 9/Orangeville exit.  1pm.  Take Anthony's cell # from the wing night thread if you need to call a brother.  Chime in here for a possible head count and I'll check it tomorrow before we leave.

When you get off the 400 north turn west/left and I believe it's on your left hand side.  I could be wrong since it's been a while.
[right][snapback]142621[/snapback][/right]

I have an even better suggestion. There is a gas bar/restaurant/rest stop on the 400 northbound between the Major Mackenzie Rd. Exit and the King City Sideroad exit (It has a Petro Crap and a Tims/Wendy's in it)

We could all meet there at a designated time. I can park in teh disabled parking so my Focus would be easy enough to spot.

How's that?

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]142672[/snapback][/right]

Perfect. I know the one you mean. Same time. 1pm for those travelling north and want to meet.

I'll be there!!!!
great meet guys!!!

focusnme and his wife were the perfect hosts, great location, nice drive, good eats... hope to see both you guys out and about!

darkpuppet,Sep 17 2005, 07:10 PM Wrote:great meet guys!!!

focusnme and his wife were the perfect hosts, great location, nice drive, good eats... hope to see both you guys out and about!
[right][snapback]142847[/snapback][/right]

Amen, great food, gracious hosts, nice weather, you couldn't ask for anything more.

Boy was that a quick ride back though :P After dogging it at 110km/h until the pack caught up with me after I left I don't think we had it under 120km/h for more than a few seconds the entire way back on the 400 :lol:

NefCanuck
THANK-YOU[size=7][/size][/SIZE]

thanks for everyone that came and hope to have a larger one next year!!!

it was great to catch up with everyone and shoot the s**t!!

jen also enjoyed the girl time - :D

post ant pics when you have

thanks again!!

craig and jen (+kids)
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad it turned out well.
yeah it was a good meet & greet, too bad you couldn't make it ash, although I'll make one complaint, it got really chilly rather quickly as the sun started to set though, ahh well....

all in all a good meet.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Yup, awesome meet, thanks again to the hosts. maybe next meet i'll arive on time. :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Sep 19 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:Yup, awesome meet, thanks again to the hosts.  maybe next meet i'll arive on time.  :lol:
[right][snapback]143174[/snapback][/right]

Meh, you made it and the car made it back for you. It's all good :)

Y'all treated the 400 like it was Cayuga, I think I used up all my lucky karma that cop didn't show up to bust my @$$ (Our average speed was 120km/h, I'm normally a 110km/h guy myself :D )

NefCanuck
^^-- rule of thumb: so long as you let half the traffic pass as you pass half the traffic, you should be alright.

that and I'm sure the cops would rather stop meford's shiny car than my rolling ball of dust.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Barrie Meet? midnightsbeauty 4 2,184 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Gabriel