Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8t Conversion Kit
i had a solo race event yesterday and somebody tells me that a company (or just someone) makes VW 1.8T conversion kit for the focus. Because that guy loves VW but he find a better (harder) frame on the focus so he decides to transplant the ''powerful'' 1.8T engine on his focus. And now he's selling that conversion kit for everyone .... anyone have more informations ??? :huh:
03 ZX5, TrAcK rEaDy Big Grin

[Image: signature.jpg]
[Image: GRAMMER.jpg]
stop... Jerk time... <_< who care about grammar, we all hooked on phonix
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
sry about my english... i talk it about twice a year :huh:

i can write it in french but i know that u wont understand :P .

I learned english and try to practice it as often as i can but still have some difficulties

can we come back to the main subject now ....

djrard,Sep 6 2005, 10:09 AM Wrote:can we come back to the main subject now ....
[right][snapback]139293[/snapback][/right]

Yes we can. :D

There was a guy on FJ that was trying to get interest on these kits. He was the fabricator of the kit. But people figured and quickly pointed out that with the same money for the engine mounts, new 1.8T engine + Tranny, ecu and all that, you can get the same power and reliability with a properly tuned Turbo Zetec.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
yeah thats why my feeling was bad about this kit ... engine, transmission, cpu, etc ! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

plus to get good power out of the 1.8T you have to spend a LOT of money on it, might as well just go for broke with the zetec and save a ton of hassel.

cool on paper but a total waste of money and time.
However us with the lowly SPI might benefit from such a swap. Unless they have a turbo kit for the SPI then screw the VW 1.8T
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Build your own. Jason posted a photo a while back of a clean ass SPI engine bay... I think the guy built his own.
Run your car, not your mouth
ThraxXx,Sep 6 2005, 10:31 PM Wrote:However us with the lowly SPI might benefit from such a swap.  Unless they have a turbo kit for the SPI then screw the VW 1.8T
[right][snapback]139640[/snapback][/right]

Look for Rusty (Tin Maddog), Jim (Waterboy), and Gigaherz on FocalJet / FocusFanatics... they've all either owned or are driving turbo'ed SPIs.

Rusty also makes custom ORPs or somesuch for the SPI IIRC.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
1.8T's have excellent torque. For 99-01 they were only like 150hp/tq but for 02-04 they went up to 180hp/175tq. I think the peak is available from 1500rpm to 5000rpm. As expensive as a V8 swap is, I still think it would be cheaper than this.
The amont of time and money you would spend on this conversion would make no sence looking at the end product.

By the time you would get finished, you could be rollin' in a much nice car.
its just for my personal information, i dont wanna change my engine. ;)

NOS2Go4Me,Sep 7 2005, 08:07 AM Wrote:
ThraxXx,Sep 6 2005, 10:31 PM Wrote:However us with the lowly SPI might benefit from such a swap.  Unless they have a turbo kit for the SPI then screw the VW 1.8T

Look for Rusty (Tin Maddog), Jim (Waterboy), and Gigaherz on FocalJet / FocusFanatics... they've all either owned or are driving turbo'ed SPIs.

Rusty also makes custom ORPs or somesuch for the SPI IIRC.
[right][snapback]139694[/snapback][/right]

OK...what do the following stand for

IIRC
ORP
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Sep 7 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:IIRC
ORP
[right][snapback]139850[/snapback][/right]
IIRC: If I Recall Correctly

ORP: Off Road Pipe
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Cant remember his name but he's on vwvortex.com. He does the swaps.
ThraxXx,Sep 7 2005, 02:31 AM Wrote:However us with the lowly SPI might benefit from such a swap.  Unless they have a turbo kit for the SPI then screw the VW 1.8T

Euh...

You don't need a turbo SPI to be fast... You can buil a good N/A setup with;

-Intake FocusSport Cool-Flo
-Under drive pulley Black diamond racing
-AEM Tru power alternator pulley
-Race Headers Focus-Central
-FJ ''blackmarket Flexpipe''
-Cat-Back Magnaflow
-SCT Xcalibrator
-Cam Gear Black Diamond Racing
-Camshaft Crane stage 2
-Spring & retainer Crane
-Lifter Crane

This was my setup in my SPI... With a good Port & Polish, + -145WHP. But , i sold it before doing the P&P :D :P

And yes, with this setup, the SPI is powerful :o

<<<Yeah, it's a Duratec. 2.3L. Want to have a go and see who walks and who rides?>>>
Focus ST , Not Stock [Image: vb_angel.gif]
ANTHONYD,Sep 7 2005, 06:43 AM Wrote:By the time you would get finished, you could be rollin' in a much nice car.
[right][snapback]139719[/snapback][/right]

i'm always confused by that statement....

why would you even bother to modify a car if you subscribed to that kind of logic?
seriously?
if you wanted to roll in a nicer car why wouldn't you just pony up the $$$$ in the first place to get your self a nicer car?

i always though the point of modifying a car was to make it more fun/more your own/more unique.

hell, i roll in a ~$50k focus, and i'm much happier in this car than a bone stock $50k Audi A4 or BMW 325i. this car is more fun to drive, FASTER, turns more heads and i'm not just another douche-bag who thinks he's hot s**t cause he's got a nice A4 or BMW... granted the lime-light that comes with a car like mine is often not much better to a lot of people, but atleast i'm not wasting my money on a car with even worse residual value than the focus! :o

sorry but modifying a car is fun and that is all it should ever be, it's a hobby like painting or playing paintball or hockey, nothing is free and spending your money should always bring a smile to your face. if that means dumping thousands of dollars into your car, or hockey gear or whatever, then so be it. but not everyone is looking for the &quot;Nicer Car&quot;!

;)
^^^ mitch, dont worry, anthony-d is like an elderly, he just nac nac nac, b!tch and complain. and tell everyone to buy expensive cars, when in fact, he drive a focus too... and its modded... :rolleyes:

ps: dont delete this post like you did to my other, coward! (you know who you are)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
no no, i'm not worried.
it's just that i'm always amused/confused by comments like that on internet forums where the topic of modifying a car is the point of the forum.

i have yet to see a focus site with a &quot;the enjoyment of driving a stock focus&quot; forum/section/thread! ;) :lol: