Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready For Winter
Just curious how many people here park thier tin buckets over the winter and drive something else?
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
drive it all year round.
'03 Focus SVT
stock wheels going on with the new winter rubber as soon as it snows. Was told Sask prolly wont see any snow till later November. That would be sweet.

I could easily go for another xmas with out snow.
ZX3TUNR,Oct 15 2005, 07:31 PM Wrote:stock wheels going on with the new winter rubber as soon as it snows. Was told Sask prolly wont see any snow till later November. That would be sweet.

I could easily go for another xmas with out snow.
[right][snapback]149356[/snapback][/right]
Damn U. White Christmas BOY. And mine will be running winter. Just the question is will I be running stock tires or switching to winters. Depends on the cash :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Mine runs 365days/year.. I'm just hoping I wont have too much trouble with my fairly worn stock Goodyear Eagle RSAs in the snow (and hoping we dont get much snow this year).
Year round for me. Snow tire are a must.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I'm going to see if I cant get through this winter with my current tires, then possibly get some steelies with winter rubber for next year and put some decent performing tires on my stock 15s.
Well about 2 days after I got my focus me and my dad got my car new windshield whippers and a new battery, then we zipped on down to Kal Tire and bought 2 new tires for the front. some " secret goodyear all season" since .. Kal tire doesn't sell "GOOD YEAR" they sell the small branch tire brands which are made by good year. any ways. the tires cost about 200$ for 2.... which i don't like the idea but there good. so i spos am kinda set for winter.

maybe i should pick up one of those window scrappers for all the frost tho. i don't like sitting in a none moving car for.. 20mins to clear the windshield
Save points are for quiters
Just put on a set of Blizzacks on the front. I drove this car for 1 winter the 4 years ive had it...this winter ill drive it. Unless i find a beater.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Drive it all year round, will be the last winter I'll be driving it (selling in spring/trading/getting rid of, etc).......
all year.
All year, Michelin Pilot Sport's in the summer and 16" Hakka's for the winter.

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
i have a set of snow tires for the focus rim they were only used one season before I sold the car. Let me know if anyone is interested in them...

OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociPhil,Oct 19 2005, 03:54 PM Wrote:Just put on a set of Blizzacks on the front. I drove this car for 1 winter the 4 years ive had it...this winter ill drive it. Unless i find a beater.
[right][snapback]150137[/snapback][/right]

if you are gonna put blizzaks on your front you minus well put some on the back coz if you don't your ass end is gonna swing around like a mofo. more grip in front and less in back = front tires stop faster than back = spinning around.

[Image: sunaliersig.jpg]
1997 Sunalier with "stuff" done to it
FociS8nt,Oct 20 2005, 02:45 PM Wrote:i have a set of snow tires for the focus rim they were only used one season before I sold the car. Let me know if anyone is interested in them...
[right][snapback]150380[/snapback][/right]

I've never bothered with winter tires in the rear on a fwd car. I've never had a problem. I think tire manufacturers just tell you that to scare you into buying 4 tires. Now on my Ranger I'll be going with 4 new tires because accelerating around corners and starting out the thing has a tendency to break loose even on dry pavement, I don't want to think what it's going to be like in the snow (wheeeeee!)

These are my winter rides:

$1200 1994 4x4 Ranger with a 4.0L and 5-speed
[Image: picture.JPG]

$50 1988 Nissan Micra with flames
[Image: picture.JPG]
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.