Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Systems In A Hybrid
I want a toyota. I'll wait till 07 when the scions arrive though.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
ANTHONYD,Aug 31 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 31 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:You boys are doing just fine smaking the VW.

Your a complete moron\insert dummy name here/
If you like it that much, go buy one and good riddance,

Don't let the broken electrical wiring hit you on the way out.
[right][snapback]137831[/snapback][/right]

OH MAN. BRYAN......I HATE TO SAY IT....YOU'RE RIGHT.
[right][snapback]137835[/snapback][/right]

Meh whatever. Some times its just completely pointless proving points with some of ya.

Have fun in the Service waiting room. ;)

I know I will :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
You need a toureg :lol: those are a true pos
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Aug 31 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:You need a toureg  :lol: those are a true pos
[right][snapback]137845[/snapback][/right]

YES!
Kool_ZX3,Aug 31 2005, 02:08 PM Wrote:You need a toureg  :lol: those are a true pos

No, I'm perfectly happy with my focus. Just needs leather, quaife, new clutch and some stickier tires and Im done. :lol:

I dont like the VW's, they are very boring looking, and the focus is a much more fun car than a golf when its done right.

I just dont like the VW bashers coming on here and spewing crap when they've just came out of the dealership for their 11th recall. :rolleyes:
It's pointless because we have a differnece of opinion. We are challenging your logic and you don't apprecaite it.
The VW, if you read the article Anthony has nicely posted, is a POS.
$20k for a Focus or $32k for a VW that give you the same issues?
I think $12k can fix alot of problems.

And whether you want to believe it or not, I think your latest problem with the electrical connection coming loose was probably the fact you did put in the turbo. What, you didn't touch anything else and manhandle parts to make them fit under the hood?
Geez, you can't blame Ford for all your problems.
They didn't make a perfect car, but you bought it and still enjoy it.
If not, sell it, move on, and find sopmething else to gripe about from another car manufacturer.
They all have their own unique problems.
Even Subbie. They are well known for being rustbuckets. And fugly! But that's just my issue.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
TOUREG TDI!

I should get one.

at least it will be thousands when the toureg breaks, vs the hundreds it is with the focus.

Oh boy, i love my car.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Flofocus,Aug 31 2005, 02:12 PM Wrote:

No, I'm perfectly happy with my focus. Just needs leather, quaife, new clutch and some stickier tires and Im done. :lol:

I dont like the VW's, they are very boring looking, and the focus is a much more fun car than a golf when its done right.

I just dont like the VW bashers coming on here and spewing crap when they've just came out of the dealership for their 11th recall. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]137849[/snapback][/right]

Where is the dealer? I handle all my own issues through an inside source at no charge.

meford4u,Aug 31 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:It's pointless because we have a differnece of opinion.  We are challenging your logic and you don't apprecaite it.
The VW, if you read the article Anthony has nicely posted, is a POS.
$20k for a Focus or $32k for a VW that give you the same issues?
I think $12k can fix alot of problems.

And whether you want to believe it or not, I think your latest problem with the electrical connection coming loose was probably the fact you did put in the turbo.  What, you didn't touch anything else and manhandle parts to make them fit under the hood?
[right][snapback]137850[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Go search for this very common problem. Wonder why Most dealerships have this harness in stock??? :lol:

So, beleive it or not.....no this wasnt caused by the instalation of the turbo.

And I can compare cars to....

My Focus: 1st month of owning it, I had to leave it at the dealership for 2 weeks to have recalls done. 2nd month, same thing but it was for a few days instead of 2 weeks. I changed delearhips after that, didnt change my car was a POS though. ;) I have work orders like Anthony does but I dont complain as much as him :lol: :P . This was all pre-turbo, I have owned this car for 5 years now. ;)

The fa,mily has owned nothing but VW's & BMW's. 1 VW I can say was a complete POS. Rusting all over the place, engine crapping out, etc. The other 2 weve had, 0 problems. I mean 0 other than regular maintenance. My dad drives to. the 2004 Wagon TDI has over 60K on it already. The dealership changed the brakes so far, thats it.
VW's and BMW's?? There's a lethal combination of poor taste and trouble.

Enjoy yourself!

meford4u,Aug 31 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:VW's and BMW's??  There's a lethal combination of poor taste and trouble.

Enjoy yourself!
[right][snapback]137856[/snapback][/right]

Like molotov cocktails and nice big Cohiba.

Enjoy.
meford4u,Aug 31 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:VW's and BMW's??  There's a lethal combination of poor taste and trouble.

Enjoy yourself!

BMW, bad taste?

k, now I can officically say your on crack.
Flofocus,Aug 31 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:

Enjoy yourself!

BMW, bad taste?

k, now I can officically say your on crack.
[right][snapback]137859[/snapback][/right]

well maybe not poor taste but troublesome, fack yah. when yah gotta shut down your car to reboot the center console well :rolleyes: :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
Sorry I mentioned VW. A few things though. I wish I would have paid only 32k for mine. Yes VW parts are uber expensive. So are everyones parts nowadays. Oil change cost me 70 bux and I did it myself. Intervals are 16000 kms (Except the first 2 which are 8 and then 16k) though so it evens out. I have 11,000 kms on it now. Zero problems. Great initial quality, no rattles or anything car is still like new. Lots of little things that you would not think about but are really nice to have. Focus at 11,000 km's. 1 O2 sensor, 1 drivers seat lumbar mechanism, heat sheild fell off, 2 gas caps, remove and install radio at least three times to remove stuck cd's. After 11,000 km's the list grows. I have always had good luck with ALL my cars, until the Focus. Not complaining either. My windstar had 275,000 km's on it and I never had any problems with it after 47,000 km's. Tranny rebuilt at 47,000 and p/s pump replaced. Windsatrs are notorious for being a POS. I had no problems. They all make good ones and bad ones. So far my VW has exceeded my excpectations.

This thread is about Scooba and his big ass stereo in a hybrid. Not about VW bashing.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
BMW's are nice machines but just expensive to repair it's one of those cars that you should probably check to see if you can afford to repair before actually buy it.

As for Diesels it's only a matter of time before other car manufacturers release diesels VW won't have the market to itself for long, Mercedes just recently brought back there diesels, Jeep has a diesel Liberty in there fleet, if other manufacturers see a demand for diesels I'm willing to bet that they won't stand quietly and let the others take whole pie for themselves.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS