Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant Help?
Hey guys I’m looking for somewhere to take my GF for her birthday before we hit up Corteo at Ontario place. I’m looking for somewhere that isn’t too big has a great view and has good food. Anywhere between Burlington and Downtown Toronto would be fine. I’m trying not to go crazy $$$ since I’m taking her to Las Vegas in October and the tickets for Corteo were already far more than I expected. Damn last minute sellout prices. (Oh and no CN Tower or Westin Harbor already been to both)

So can ya help??

Thanks in Advance. :)
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
I alway like The Olive Garden
M.Bizzle,Aug 30 2005, 09:32 PM Wrote:I alway like The Olive Garden
[right][snapback]137553[/snapback][/right]

NEXT... :P
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
Edgewater Manor in Stoney Creek. It's not on your way, but only 20 minutes from my house. the food is unbelieveable and the prices, reasonable. About $120 with tip, wine and drinks for the 2 of you.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 30 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:Edgewater Manor in Stoney Creek.  It's not on your way, but only 20 minutes from my house.  the food is unbelieveable and the prices, reasonable.  About $120 with tip, wine and drinks for the 2 of you.
[right][snapback]137557[/snapback][/right]

Great that one make the short list!! mmmm yummy crab cakes.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
whats wrong with the olive garden///
Well if you like something Different, I'd suggest my favorite restaurant in this case, Deker-Ten. The prices are very good, along with the food, not to mention they have a great menu for people not really used to authentic Japanese Cuisine. Plus if your into sushi, they make it fresh, and they have a great menu to boot.

The restaurant dose not have a great view, but parking is free, and in total you'll spend about $ 50 - 90 with tip depending on what you choose, but they only take credit cards, or cash only, sorry they don't take debit cards, but there is a Royal Bank machine across the street.

it's on burnathope just past Mavis, in Mississagua.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Emmas Back Porch in Burlington...good prices and good view (it's right on the lake). When I went there for lunch one day last week, me and my parents with food and 2 rounds of drinks each was only like 65 dollars, and it was friggin good food too. It was my 2nd time there, and I think i'm gonna make a habit of it whenever I come home. There's always Filthy McNasty's on Upper James in Hamilton, but I'm thinking you wanna get away from the typical bar type of place...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Try Spuntinis on avenue rd south of davenport. Really fancy.. and the prices are not that bad. Lots of celebs go there aswell.
Life's good... Hockey's better
meford4u,Aug 30 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:Edgewater Manor in Stoney Creek.  It's not on your way, but only 20 minutes from my house.  the food is unbelieveable and the prices, reasonable.  About $120 with tip, wine and drinks for the 2 of you.
[right][snapback]137557[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, the Edgewater is excellent, I had my wedding reception there and my wife and I go back every couple of years. http://www.edgewatermanor.com/

Another good place (not on your way but worth the trip) is The Old Mill in Ancaster, off Wilson Street. The price range is like The Edgewater http://www.ancasteroldmill.com/

Other suggestions depending on your budget, Tucker's Marketplace (buffet, Burlington), The Mandarin (Chinese buffet, Burlington), and The Old Spaghetti Factory http://www.oldspaghettifactory.ca (On the Esplanade in Toronto)
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Well if you decide to drop big$$$ I hear Canoe, In the TD tower is phenominal.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
My buddy is the chef at Bistro Nice (pronounces niece) in Port Credit. It's a quainte little place with white table cloths and such. Beautiful food. Some of the best I've had in the GTA.

My best man is the chef at Jam Martini Lounge in Port Credit, that place also has wicked food and wonderful atmosphere.
quainte :rolleyes: :fag: :rolleyes:
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
I've also heard some good things about

"fred's not here" its a bistro on king st.

actually alot of the bistro's on king street are good.

Alto Basso on college is nice, prices are decent too... with tip youre looking at 120~130 for 2 people.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:I've also heard some good things about

"fred's not here" its a bistro on king st.
[right][snapback]137764[/snapback][/right]

I've eaten at "fred's not here" (On the company dime, I ain't rich :lol:) great food but the service was slow the last time I was there, took us 1.5hours to get in and out...

NefCanuck
snug harbour in port credit is a nice place with a great view ... bier market is a decent place during the day/early evening b4 the bar scene picks up .. the patio is fairly decent aswell.

or there's always McD's if you can't decide on anything else
Below Average Car Club
Thanks for all the help guys Edge water manor wins this time. :)

I've kept a list of all the resturants in my Palm Pilot for the future!

Thanks again!!
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
Euro Ford Fan,Sep 1 2005, 08:56 AM Wrote:Thanks for all the help guys Edge water manor wins this time. :)

I've kept a list of all the resturants in my Palm Pilot for the future!

Thanks again!!
[right][snapback]138092[/snapback][/right]

Even The Olive Garden?