Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calabogie Motorsport Park
HR-i's are all seasons and are terrible on the track (that's what I used at Dunville a couple weeks back to see if I wanted to get into lapping). Great cheap all season though.
bluedwardle,Jun 9 2009, 02:13 PM Wrote:HR-i's are all seasons and are terrible on the track (that's what I used at Dunville a couple weeks back to see if I wanted to get into lapping).  Great cheap all season though.
[right][snapback]289187[/snapback][/right]

So maybe the ZRi's?
Don't wanna go too crazy. CMP don't specify what thread depth I should have, just as long as they don't have cords showing! :blink:
2007 CD Silver ST  **** FOR SALE ****
2014 Performance Blue ST  **** SOLD ****

2016 Ford Edge Sport Shadow Black
Gravter,Jun 9 2009, 12:51 PM Wrote:Those don't seem available for 205/50R16
What about Fuzion HR-i's?
[right][snapback]289186[/snapback][/right]
You could go 215-45 which is available in the Azenis.

Don't know about the HR-I's frankly - - but you're going to have to face one fact early on in your decision making process ... which is:

If you want to get decent mileage out of the tire (and this is directed at the accountant in you) - you must by virtue of definition give up a certain amount of grip and handling - and especially if you are going all-seasons as opposed to summer only.

It really doesn't matter how inexpensive a tire is to purchase, if you can't use it in the winter, or it doesn't last more than say 10,000 clicks (as an example).

The treadwear rating of the Azenis is 200, which is pretty low for a street tire, and it is definitely not a cold weather tire.

I think it would help us help you better if you could more clearly define what your decision making factors are in terms of usage and budget.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Well, I was hoping to get 17" wheels before I changed my OEM 16" tires.
I do use my car for about 450Km per week and have winter tires/wheels, so I could get summer only tires, but 10,000Km is not enough life for me.
I'd like atleast 25K to 30K Km of life, so a thread wear of 300+
I was thinking of changing my tires before track day since I have maybe 3mm until I get to my wear bars.
I think I won't rush into any decisions just because I'm going to the track. hopefully I won't tear through my tires before the end of the day.
It's not a "tight" circuit, so I don't think it will be that bad, and I also read that it wasn't a track that is hard on brakes either.

Time will tell

Hey everyone, I'm back from the track and I'm pooped! ;)
Need some rest, but stay tuned I will try to give more feedback/info about my day @ CMP :P

what a blast... too bad I had one of the slowest cars... :(