Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Hate The Bank Of Montreal
bluetoy,Aug 24 2005, 06:00 PM Wrote:Did you not look at your bank statement and notice they weren't taking out enough to cover the taxes? That would be a good clue to you..
[right][snapback]135396[/snapback][/right]

I'll admit to usually not even opening the bank statements they send me :ph34r: If I had, yeah I would have picked up on this earlier, but it never should have happened in the first place <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Aug 24 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Aug 24 2005, 06:00 PM Wrote:Did you not look at your bank statement and notice they weren't taking out enough to cover the taxes? That would be a good clue to you..
[right][snapback]135396[/snapback][/right]

I'll admit to usually not even opening the bank statements they send me :ph34r: If I had, yeah I would have picked up on this earlier, but it never should have happened in the first place <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]135545[/snapback][/right]

Then you are as much to blame as the bank. People seem to always want to blame someone else these days. You should have checked your statement, they should have done what they were supposed to. It's draw. You are just as much to blame as them.

[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Aug 25 2005, 06:59 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Aug 24 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:I'll admit to usually not even opening the bank statements they send me  :ph34r:  If I had, yeah I would have picked up on this earlier, but it never should have happened in the first place  <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]135545[/snapback][/right]

Then you are as much to blame as the bank. People seem to always want to blame someone else these days. You should have checked your statement, they should have done what they were supposed to. It's draw. You are just as much to blame as them.
[right][snapback]135603[/snapback][/right]

Eh, this renegotiation was botched from the get go, first they quote me one rate, then tell me a higher rate when its time to sign the papers because of "computer error" then they botch the payment frequency (I requested weekly again and they stupidly made it monthly)

I'm thinking mortgage broker when this one come for renewal, screw loyalty, all it's gotten me is closer to an ulcer <_<

NefCanuck
I have dealt with mortgage brokers in the past, and they are great!

Unfortunately my mortgage with Scotiabank doesn't allow me to move with my tied in line of credit without severe penalties.

The bank matched what the mortage broker could get for me anyway, but they were very helpful.

There is a member on here that is a mortgage broker.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
All I gotta say is I hope you get it worked out Daniel.

RBC, OTOH, is great. They automatically grew a brain and switched my home address on my car insurance policy when I bought the house through them when they were informed it would be our primary residence. They adjusted my rates accordingly for home and auto as I use them for both, and the mortgage was done VERY quickly.

How's this for quick? I accepted the home insurance on the 22nd, and they mailed the new pinks for the car the same day. I had them fax me a temporary slip at 9AM yesterday, and when I got home at 5PM the new pinks were there waiting for me, as well as the complete new home insurance confirmation and adjusted car insurance info.

Consider them the next time you need something, or to renegotiate your mortgage dude.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 30 2005, 09:21 AM Wrote:All I gotta say is I hope you get it worked out Daniel.

RBC, OTOH, is great. They automatically grew a brain and switched my home address on my car insurance policy when I bought the house through them when they were informed it would be our primary residence. They adjusted my rates accordingly for home and auto as I use them for both, and the mortgage was done VERY quickly.

How's this for quick? I accepted the home insurance on the 22nd, and they mailed the new pinks for the car the same day. I had them fax me a temporary slip at 9AM yesterday, and when I got home at 5PM the new pinks were there waiting for me, as well as the complete new home insurance confirmation and adjusted car insurance info.

Consider them the next time you need something, or to renegotiate your mortgage dude.
[right][snapback]137147[/snapback][/right]

Wow, that's service :blink: if it wasn't for the fact that the RBC hides their branches in Mississauga like fracking Easter eggs... <_<

But then again, RBC auto insurance won't touch me with a ten foot pole :P

Thems da breaks I suppose

NefCanuck
Phantom,Aug 22 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:I tell yah tho I would not be paying a penalty cuz someone else fawked up. How the hell is that your fault, and if BMO don't wanna pay it, well then lawyer.
[right][snapback]134755[/snapback][/right]

problem being that for a re-finance, you generally have to sign docs with a laywer or legal service provider of some kind who is acting both on your behalf and for the bank...they should be reviewing all the terms with you and it should honestly be very obvious on the disclosure documents whether or not your property taxes are going to be collected by the lender and remitted on your behalf.

Solution...gimme a call and come on over to PC Financial ;)

meford4u...you have that STEP product (Scotia Total Equity Plan)? It's great IF you stay with them...but, as you know, you can't ever transfer your mortgage since it's tied directly to the credit line (and vice versa). If I had a dollar for every pissed off person I talk to who has that product, LOL...most clients have NO idea of that limitation. The way out is to you have to re-fi with another bank and payout BOTH the mortgage and credit line...and that involves legal fees wheras a normal mortgage transfer does not. Shitty.

Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad