Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Panel Help
Hello and hi,

Well today i was really bored and i thought id do some of the repairs i had to do on my focus today, and well am at rather tricky part. Am trying to take the back passenger door panels off so i can see wat's wrong with the lock and door opening contraptions. But I can't seems to figure out what's holding this panel still on. I think it's the window crank. but am not sure. any how so far i did this

- took the little plastice part off from the top right hand side of the panel,
- I unscrewed all the screws around the door.
- then i un screwed the screw were the door latch is and pulled off the plastic part around the door latch off.

and now am out of idea's , something's holding on still and i think it's the window crank but... how do u take that off? I don't want to break it so i didn't do anything to it yet? any ideas?
Save points are for quiters
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=16483

Check out this link...very helpful..

good luck!!
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Great! that worked perfect, tho the dorr handle is still facked, but i think am just going to take it into a garage and get it done. since am not getting anywhere on this. unless u guys know how to fix a door that won't open from the out side. and would unlock and lock from the driver and passenger lock buttons? but i doubt it.

also cheers for my new avatar haha.

any who i got my bumper home now and my other fog light came in. there from "road star" they look pretty cool!, but awhile off before i'll plug thous suckers in!
Tri_kento,Aug 22 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:Great! that worked perfect, tho the dorr handle is still facked, but i think am just going to take it into a garage and get it done. since am not getting anywhere on this. unless u guys know how to fix a door that won't open from the out side. and would unlock and lock from the driver and passenger lock buttons? but i doubt it.

also cheers for my new avatar haha.

any who i got my bumper home now and my other fog light came in. there from "road star" they look pretty cool!, but awhile off before i'll plug thous suckers in!
[right][snapback]134803[/snapback][/right]

i had that, braught it to ford, and aparantly it was recal or something, on the sedans i belive..not possitive tho :huh:
So i take since i didn't buy mine off the lot with warranty and junk, i'll have to pay for it full price?

Also have u noticed how ford really tries are to discourage takeing apart their cars? , like man you need to be missing half ur hand to get between the riveted sheet metal and tinker with the door lock . . . Any who at least i got a chance to wash all the dust out the door panels. I'd like to think the mechanic will appreciate a less dusty work area. (note i didn't wash the sheet metal, so don't start labeling my a fucktard yet!)

Well once again thanks for all the help guys! :D
off topic:

YOU HAVE ONE OF THE COOLEST AVATARS EVER.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
~UpDate 09/13/05~

Wow haven't posted in a while....

Anyways!!, uhm. Oh yea, i've finally fixed both of the back doors and got the auto locks to locks to work. which am really happy about. Now all that's left to fix is

-Back quarter
-driver's side rocker pannel
-wind shield.

(then i got my structer! done)

then i have to buy a new computer for the focus to stop the stupid engine light's and open doors light from comeing on when ever it wants.
oh and the new tie rods and such.
I'm sure you'll have it all done by the end of the year tri kento. Good job on the fix ^_^
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
THERE IS A RECALL OUT FOR THE REAR DOOR LATCHES!!!!!!

DO A SEARCH BEFORE YOU START TAKING s**t APART!!!!

DON'T BE SUPRISED IF FORD WON'T HELP YOU NOW :(
Thanks Frost_2001! I hope i'll have the car up and moveing by the spring of 2006. I already have plans set up to take to yorkton to have the back 1/4 fixed & the driver's side rocker pannel.

oh and ANTHONYD...uhm the car's a salvage . thus the ford recalls and other warrentys don't count. i had that talk wit the SGI guy before.
Tri_kento,Sep 15 2005, 03:37 PM Wrote:Thanks Frost_2001!  I hope i'll have the car up and moveing by the spring of 2006.  I already have plans set up to take to yorkton to have the back 1/4 fixed & the driver's side rocker pannel.

oh and ANTHONYD...uhm the car's a salvage . thus the ford recalls and other warrentys don't count. i had that talk wit the SGI guy before.
[right][snapback]142305[/snapback][/right]

sorry. :lol: B)