Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford Gt Vs Mustang...both Gets Passed By A Protege
Kool_ZX3,Aug 22 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:
Spyder01,Aug 22 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:
j3rt,Aug 22 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:2 years ago, Mazda released a small number of those 4door protege with turbo and goodies, they had this retarded pagoda style spoiler.  Most are that orange color, which at the time was unique in the mazda lineup.  Even more rare are the blue ones.
[right][snapback]134700[/snapback][/right]

Only 1200...theres like 200 in Ontario rest in the states for that 2003 mazdaspeed... Spicy orange was the only color available, Black was available in the states but not here...the Blue one is another model, not a Mazdaspeed. They called it MP3...that one is really rare now.

Then again, looking at the video, the ford gt was bone stock while this mazdaspeed was heavily modded most imporantly was the R tires...i was surprised that it passed in the striaghts since this car is really good in the corners
[right][snapback]134707[/snapback][/right]

In the video the guy driving the GT is a ford engineer and it was his first time in the car so he is really takin his time in it, thet GT would just destroy all the cars that were there including the mazdaspeed
[right][snapback]134709[/snapback][/right]

I think it would have been a challege...all that power on top of stock street tires would just make that GT brake alot faster, oversteer and understeer throughout the corners where the R tires lightweight Mazdaspeed can easily catch up
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Spyder01,Aug 22 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Aug 22 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:
Spyder01,Aug 22 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:
j3rt,Aug 22 2005, 01:15 PM Wrote:2 years ago, Mazda released a small number of those 4door protege with turbo and goodies, they had this retarded pagoda style spoiler.  Most are that orange color, which at the time was unique in the mazda lineup.  Even more rare are the blue ones.
[right][snapback]134700[/snapback][/right]

Only 1200...theres like 200 in Ontario rest in the states for that 2003 mazdaspeed... Spicy orange was the only color available, Black was available in the states but not here...the Blue one is another model, not a Mazdaspeed. They called it MP3...that one is really rare now.

Then again, looking at the video, the ford gt was bone stock while this mazdaspeed was heavily modded most imporantly was the R tires...i was surprised that it passed in the striaghts since this car is really good in the corners
[right][snapback]134707[/snapback][/right]

In the video the guy driving the GT is a ford engineer and it was his first time in the car so he is really takin his time in it, thet GT would just destroy all the cars that were there including the mazdaspeed
[right][snapback]134709[/snapback][/right]

I think it would have been a challege...all that power on top of stock street tires would just make that GT brake alot faster, oversteer and understeer throughout the corners where the R tires lightweight Mazdaspeed can easily catch up
[right][snapback]134710[/snapback][/right]

I doubt it, the first GT commercial was taped at gingerman and they did an interview with the driver and he said the car flies around that track, he was hittin 150mph down the straight.The tires used on the GT are eagle f1 supercar tires made specific for the GT, thier a damn good tire i think they can handle it.
My Mom Says I'm Special
I'm trying to d/l some of his other videos to see if I'm in it, since I was on track with him. Server won't connect. :(

In the 4th video, you'll see he goes off track, perfectly. Notice how once he realizes he can't stop it, he straightens the wheel, slows down, then comes back on track. Perfect job.

That could have written off the car if he'd kept trying to turn.

As for the bench racing... eh, whatever. Let's all bow down to the temple of GT. :rolleyes:

I'll never understand why people worship supercars that are NEVER driven to their limits, EVEN ON TRACK! Look, if you've got a super car that can't carry 1 bag of groceries. Is limited to speed limits on the streets. And is difficult or too expensive to drive all out on the track... pffft! What's the point? The Protege is the better car there.
P-51,Aug 22 2005, 03: Wrote:I'm trying to d/l some of his other videos to see if I'm in it, since I was on track with him.  Server won't connect. :(

In the 4th video, you'll see he goes off track, perfectly.  Notice how once he realizes he can't stop it, he straightens the wheel, slows down, then comes back on track.  Perfect job.

That could have written off the car if he'd kept trying to turn.

As for the bench racing... eh, whatever.  Let's all bow down to the temple of GT.  :rolleyes:

I'll never understand why people worship supercars that are NEVER driven to their limits, EVEN ON TRACK!  Look, if you've got a super car that can't carry 1 bag of groceries.  Is limited to speed limits on the streets.  And is difficult or too expensive to drive all out on the track... pffft!  What's the point?  The Protege is the better car there.
[right][snapback]134734[/snapback][/right]

The mazdaspeed protege or the svt focus is good....both are great on track
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto

Why the heck can't I d/l the other videos?

I ain't so good with the Innernut
P-51,Aug 22 2005, 01: Wrote:Why the heck can't I d/l the other videos?

[right][snapback]134745[/snapback][/right]
what's the website where the vids are at. post a link :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Phantom,Aug 22 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:
P-51,Aug 22 2005, 01: Wrote:Why the heck can't I d/l the other videos?

[right][snapback]134745[/snapback][/right]
what's the website where the vids are at. post a link :D
[right][snapback]134747[/snapback][/right]

It was on the first page down near the bottom...but i've edit it to the first post :) Not sure if theres a bandwidth limit on the vid though, its running for me, but its slower than this morning. Try right clicking and using save-as

ohh I downloaded all 5 of those vids already, was going at like 200k/sec for me.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
Phantom,Aug 22 2005, 08:32 PM Wrote:ohh I downloaded all 5 of those vids already, was going at like 200k/sec for me.
[right][snapback]134758[/snapback][/right]

No, if you go back to the root, there are more vids.

This one here:

http://www.msprotege.com/members/Wesman%...Whoops.wmv

I think I was on track at the time. That's the only vid from Sunday anyway.
found them on page 7 http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread....60&page=5&pp=15
anyone wants copies I downloaded them all just ask and I'll uploadem to my server
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Is anybody here registered on that board? I want to send him an email but I can't get it unless I register.

Nevermind, I just registered.
That's Wes. He belongs to SVTOA and the Marauder Club. He also chased down the GT with his Marauder and that video is very cool. He also trailers the Mazda with the Marauder.

If you look at Wes's video on this page, yu'll notice the Marauder is faster than the Protege.....
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/sh...hp?t=20471

The GT had street tires on it, so not too great in the corners.

BTW we were only allowed to pass on the straight.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
2001 ZTS,Aug 21 2005, 05:42 PM Wrote:Is the camera car an automatic? The right hand of the driver never seems to move away from the steering wheel.
[right][snapback]134550[/snapback][/right]
It's one of many Lightnings that were on track. They only come in auto.
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.