Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Gtamc Scavenger Hunt
The GTAMC (Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club) would like to invite you to ...

2009 GTAMC Yonge Steeles Ford Scavenger Hunt (NOT a race) - Sunday June 14th

This fun filled day will take you from our sponsor's lot on a wild goose chase (but NOT a race) across the GTA to find some special "items".

· Collecting the items for points is important - speeding is not.

· Planning the best route across the city to find the items is important - speeding is NOT.

· Choosing the items you collect over the ones you leave behind is important - speeding is NOT.

· Enjoying the day and having fun with your car is important - speeding is NOT.

. 2nd passenger required for safety

This event is about fun, family, friends and Mustangs with a whole bunch of tactics, strategy, navigation, planning and executing thrown in. This is NOT a race and the GTAMC does not condone illegal behaviour on our city streets and highways. Please see the events at Mosport or TMP if speed is your thing.
If you think you're smart and can execute a plan better than any other GTAMC'er - we're looking for you!!

WHERE: Start - Yonge Steeles Ford (7120 Yonge Street)

Finish - Ned Devines, Milton

TIMES: - Registration and meet & greet 9am
- Leave for the quest by 10am
- Points submission & awards - 3pm

FEES: $15 per car pre-registered - $20 on the day
The first 20 cars to pre-register will receive a complimentary $20 gift card to Sunoco Gas!

CHARITY: Proceeds from this event to support CCVF

Other details: taking pictures WILL count as "items" to be collected so please come ready with a digital camera that has a removable video card.

[Image: 284683.gif]

Click link below to download the registration form.
http://www.scottwinger.com/gtamc/regform-scavenger.pdf

Hope you can attend!
Took the liberty of modifying your post to include the date - wasn't easy to figure out.

These things are a ton of fun and great for families - unfortunately I'll be driving the track at Watkins Glen on that day - and well, priorities are priorities.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Jun 2 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:Took the liberty of modifying your post to include the date - wasn't easy to figure out.

Great, thanx for the help!
Completely forgot about the most important part. LOL
I would have to assume that this is not a race and speeding in not encouraged.

I have the little one this weekend and I thinkj she may be a little young to be the navigator. At 7 years old I don't think I would trust her skills with a map. Its to bad, it looks like a lot of fun.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I think I'd like to go if I can find a good co-pilot. I'd atsk the wife, but I already know the answer.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Man, I'd love to do this, but I'm already committed to a meeting out by the airport at 1pm that day :(

NefCanuck
I wonder how this event turned out?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Focus man, Focus.,Jun 15 2009, 01:02 PM Wrote:I wonder how this event turned out?
[right][snapback]289498[/snapback][/right]

It was freakin' awesome. LOL
We had a great turnout...very positive feedback from our members.

We will be posting a summary of the day's events as well as some of the best submitted photos on the GTAMC website. If you like, I can post it up over here too if there's any interest.