Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headlight Mod
a gold star to the 1st person on this board to get them...

screenlights.com

Quote:Westlake Village (CA) - As LCD screens become more common inside of automobiles, people are looking for more extreme ways to trick out their cars. At the recent autofest car show in Pomona, CA, screenlights.com showed off a car with LCD screens built into the headlights. The screens maintain street legal driving, distinguish your car at the same time and allow drivers to project videos through your headlights.

The concept is quite simple - you drop in an LCD screen just behind the headlight glass. The screenlights can be installed in either the headlights or taillights. With the current version, you lose the use of the high-beam headlight. In the future, Screenlights will be offering a modification that will allow both the high and low beams to work.

Power is supplied via 12 volt leads that could be directly fed from the battery, but Brian Willison says, "There are many ways to wire the Screenlights and we will include a manual with suggestions."

Even in full daylight, we were surprised at how well a video projected through the headlights looked. The video feed comes from a VCR or DVD player mounted in the cabin of the car. Don't expect a wide-screen experience because the screenlight is fairly small. It may be possible to modify the lights to project video, but this was not the original purpose of the product.

The screelights can be purchased without LCD screens, so the buyer can shop for the best price. Screens from 3.5 inches all the way up to 8 inches can be installed. Since every car has a different headlight mount, the screenlights are custom designed, but screenlights.com has begun selling drop in kits that start at $900.

"The car shows are flooded with the same stuff. This is new and unique that should turn heads," says Willison.

[Image: 20050818-screen3.jpg]
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

hahah put on Pr0n. Watch how many people crash. :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Interesting.
Ghey.

Dean?
ANTHONYD,Aug 19 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:Ghey.

Dean?
[right][snapback]134072[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I still dont understand the point.

Wouldnt you be blinded from the other head light??
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I can see it being pretty cool fi you had big headlights like on a hummer, and it was purely a show car. I think it would also be pretty cool projecting video from the light.

But now the friday night tim hortan mini car shows turn into a drive in.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
its leagal but you lose the use of your high beams???
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Oh there's a good idea, like there isn't enough distractions for drivers today to take their attention away from the actual job at hand. Just stupid, even if for show purposes only.
my word.///

who buys this garbage?? :huh: