Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 12's In The Trunk?
Seeing how I now have no stereo in my trunk...I was wondering if anyone has attempted to run 4 12's in the back of a sedan focus before. I wanna do something outragious to blow the doors off these punks here in town. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Send your car to the wreckers. It'll be cheaper and probably more impressive
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
ThraxXx,Aug 18 2005, 11:01 PM Wrote:Seeing how I now have no stereo in my trunk...I was wondering if anyone has attempted to run 4 12's in the back of a sedan focus before.  I wanna do something outragious to blow the doors off these punks here in town.  Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
[right][snapback]133937[/snapback][/right]

Heres some advice...

Built a stereo that actually sounds good.....there is no reason to put 4 12's in a car except to go to DB drags and win competitions!!

Get a single 12 or maybe 2 12's and then get some top notch mid-range stuff to fill up the highs...

And lastly, dont make a shitty loud stereo just to 'blow the doors off punks'...who really cares??!?! Honestly man...do it for yourself....

Any true audio-head will respect time and effort put into a quality system cause any jackass can ram subs into a trunk and rattle...spend some time and built something you'll actually get props for and above all that you'll enjoy!!
Raine,Aug 18 2005, 11:05 PM Wrote:Send your car to the wreckers. It'll be cheaper and probably more impressive
[right][snapback]133942[/snapback][/right]

Good call....hey wanna bring yours there at the same time. We can have a bucket crushing contest. See who's car puts out the most debris.
ThraxXx,Aug 18 2005, 11:16 PM Wrote:
Raine,Aug 18 2005, 11:05 PM Wrote:Send your car to the wreckers. It'll be cheaper and probably more impressive
[right][snapback]133942[/snapback][/right]

Good call....hey wanna bring yours there at the same time. We can have a bucket crushing contest. See who's car puts out the most debris.
[right][snapback]133951[/snapback][/right]

I vote for AL

:lol: :lol:
LOL I love this kid, I bash his car all the time and he smacks back with a sense of humor. Lemme know when you wanna do the install man, I'll help you built a sub box just to see that hideous thing in person.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
i think it could be pretty cool looking having 4 12's glassed in .. have 2 facing the rear seats, then one on each side of the trunk ... have the amps in the center of the trunk or even hidden in the spare wheel well.

the sedans probably have more trunk room (LxW wise) over a hatch .. and they managed to fit 3 12's in my hatch .. so i think its totally doable
Below Average Car Club
Why 4, you can go with 1 or 2 higher quality subs and likely get a lot more output. Remeber output is a factor of not only the number of drivers you have but also ensuring they have enough enclosed airspace to function properly. I have 1 JL 12W7 and it hits hard as it did in my cavalier (which also was in a trunk). In competition I was hitting 147.6db in the Cavy, so that probably is a fair comparison. Plus amplification has a lot to do with it, if you are serious about having some serious DB's youll need some big amps. To get a system with 4 12's that pounds and sounds good (sq) youll be spending about $5000 just on the bass end of your system and then you need to consider the front stage, that much bass needs a lot of highs and mids.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Dude, if you're going that far, go with 2 x 15" subs. OH YEAHHHH!!! :D

Or go with a Jackhammer if you're ready to go absolutely crazy. :blink:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I run 1 12 and it's just fine.

Sounds wicked.

Some people think volume = quality. :huh:
I ran 2 pioneer premier 10's in sealed boxes in my truck back in the day, and pulled a 145.5 spl.. bigger isn't always better (and yes, that's what I tell all the ladies).

but why get 4 12's when you can get 2 22's? the total is almost the same.

in reality, you sure the spoiler and spinners can take that kind of sound quality? ... and do you really need to do loud in your winter beater?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

4-12's!! What's next spinner hubcaps and a 10 foot wing
ANTHONYD,Aug 19 2005, 08:33 AM Wrote:I run 1 12 and it's just fine.

Sounds wicked.

Some people think volume = quality. :huh:[right][snapback]134049[/snapback][/right]

You said it right there man!!! TOO MANY PEOPLE THINK THIS WAY...

DEAD WRONG!!
BradfordZX3,Aug 19 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:4-12's!! What's next spinner hubcaps and a 10 foot wing
[right][snapback]134088[/snapback][/right]

he already has those...hahaha.

I agree with NOiSEESVT. Just get 1 or 2 high quality, high output subs with a GOOD amp and you will put out more then 4 12's. Like 1 JL W6 12 with a 1000 watt RMS amp and you will blow the s**t off anything.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
A good sub and a good amp will be better then 4 sub.
Turbo arrived!
yeah I was talking to a local stereo guru and he runs a local stereo shop and he recomended me getting into a single high end sub either 10 or 12 and a real decent amp that was designed for the sub and he said that I will have the sound that I am looking for.

LOL @ the guy who said spinners and 10' tall wing. However...the wing is only 1' tall...

Anywho, back to stereo. I was thinking of going with Fusion. I like their subs and the colours kinda go with the colour scheme of my car. Green on Green. I was looking at their powerplant line. I was thinking of maybe getting 1 or 2 12" powerplants and running them off of my already existing KAC 929. I think that will give me some decent bump in the trunk

I also wanted to ask...if not fusion, what other line would you recomend other then alpine or orion.
Adire audio, Resonant Engineering, JACKHAMMER!!!@# Rockford, JL

lots of stuff.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Cerwin Vega, Phoenix Gold. Awesome stuff there.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Clarion!!

<insert shameless plug>

I have a single 12" in a custom ported box and a pro-audio amp for sale!!

</insert shameless plug>