Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Help
Strength of front lamps
(9) No motor vehicle shall carry on the front thereof more than four lighted lamps that project a beam having an intensity of over 300 candela. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (9).

300 candela? umm I don't knwo what that translates into lumens, or watts but that just seems pretty low for headlights. or are they talking about turn signals? or fogsghts?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Raine,Aug 16 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:Man you guys get in a lot of s**t cause of your lights. Look at me, I drive around with my damned light covers always on and have white side markers, and I've never been stopped.
[right][snapback]133060[/snapback][/right]

so when you do get pulled over and handed the $110 ticket, you won't come on here and start another " cops are stupid " thread?

personally I used to have those covers on my old old car, I got a ticket for it so I threw them away, personally I am past the stage where I break the HTA for looks an such, in the end it's not worth the trouble you get.

Raine: do you have pics of your car with the covers on? interested in seeing what it looks like.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Raine you do know that white sidemarkers are legal right?
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
FocusTunerzx3,Aug 16 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:Raine you do know that white sidemarkers are legal right?
[right][snapback]133113[/snapback][/right]

I have blue interior lights but the cop will never see that anyway, besides i have 2 map lights i can switch on and the interior lights up like a christmas tree :) My license plate lights are red and it really goes nice with the rest of the rear lights. Sometimes cops get bored and pull over the nice people for bs but when guys drive around with neon's on and everything else illegal they get away scott free :rolleyes:

The front green signals were damn bright to, could see them a mile away for fack sakes
My Mom Says I'm Special
Raine,Aug 16 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:Man you guys get in a lot of s**t cause of your lights. Look at me, I drive around with my damned light covers always on and have white side markers, and I've never been stopped.

You deserve a ticket from the fashion police. Light covers are soooo 2000ish.

Welcome to 2005
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
FocusTunerzx3,Aug 16 2005, 07:51 AM Wrote:
01-yellow-ZX3,Aug 16 2005 Wrote:Must be amber lights on the front of the car, white will not do. (in any province)
[right][snapback]133013[/snapback][/right]

I heard the opposite, but ill try and get some legal documents to back this up. i heard it was amber or white no other color forward of the doors.
[right][snapback]133021[/snapback][/right]

I believe this to be correct....
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Raine,Aug 16 2005, 10:18 AM Wrote:Man you guys get in a lot of s**t cause of your lights. Look at me, I drive around with my damned light covers always on and have white side markers, and I've never been stopped.

Lucky! A lot of people get pulled over here...
Whenever I see a cop, my windows go down, cause they may pull me over for my tint being too dark.
FocusTunerzx3,Aug 16 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:Raine you do know that white sidemarkers are legal right?
[right][snapback]133113[/snapback][/right]

It's discretional... the HTA says that white and amber are legal, but I've had friends given orders to change their indicators back to amber... it's kinda hard to say really.

nass Wrote:so when you do get pulled over and handed the $110 ticket, you won't come on here and start another " cops are stupid " thread?

personally I used to have those covers on my old old car, I got a ticket for it so I threw them away, personally I am past the stage where I break the HTA for looks an such, in the end it's not worth the trouble you get.

Find me a thread where I've ever called cops stupid. I take the risk of having them on, and have been questioned by a cop before when he stopped me for something else. He also questioned my tint. My solution for the light covers was to get the flashlight out of my car, walk about 50 yards away, and shine the light right on them.. the reflectors beam right up, so he said that was okay.

nass Wrote:Raine: do you have pics of your car with the covers on? interested in seeing what it looks like.

These are pretty much the most uptodate ones. Should have new ones up shortly after the car goes for paint and the like. Not too much has changed since these (but due to the incline of my driveway, it looks higher than it is. 2 finger gap between tire and fender)

[Image: f1.jpg]
[Image: f3.jpg]

Have since got a new lip, finally replaced that old Maple Leafs cover for the license plates (got the blue ones), and installed a new front bumper (still stock, but in much better condition)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)