Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Big E Signs With The Leafs...
Eric Lindros

Ha.. :lol: . Another waste to a really crappy team...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I hate that moron, he was crying when quebec picked him up...

what a retarded whiny b1tch.... he should go suck on momma's buubies... Jerk A55...
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I wouldn't want to live up there either can't blame him maybe he wanted to stay in Canada? up there who knwos what happens the french and there crazy poutine
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Hahaha. dont like lindros marc?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold

What a joke.

Maple Leafs sign Lindros for 1 year
WebPosted Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:24:13 EDT
CBC Sports
Nearly 15 years after making his National Hockey League debut with the Philadelphia Flyers, Eric Lindros is coming home to Toronto to fulfill a lifelong dream.

RELATED: Player bio: Eric Lindros

Eric Lindros on Thursday signed with the Maple Leafs, coached by Pat Quinn, right. (CP File Photo)
The six-foot-five-inch, 245-pound centre agreed Thursday to a one-year contract with the Maple Leafs.

According to one report, the deal is worth $1.55 million US.

RELATED: Free Agent Frenzy
The Columbus Blue Jackets reportedly made Lindros a one-year, $1.5 million offer but dropped out of the bidding on Wednesday.

"Teams were still calling this morning, the interest really picked up, it's interesting how it worked out," said Carl Lindros, Eric's father and agent. "But this is a good situation for him. It's what he wanted."

Lindros's arrival in Toronto has been rumoured since 2001 when the Maple Leafs and Philadelphia Flyers apparently came close to consummating a trade.

The 32-year-old returns to southern Ontario, where he was raised and played junior hockey.

Though injury prone throughout his 11-year NHL career – he has suffered eight concussions – the Big E remains a dominating force.

He had 10 goals and 22 assists in 39 games for the New York Rangers in the 2003-04 campaign before Washington Capitals defenceman Jason Doig put an end to his season with a thundering bodycheck.

Lindros, who had his right shoulder surgically repaired in March, reportedly passed a physical and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) exam earlier this week.

"On average, in the past three years, Eric has missed five games a year with concussions," said Lindros's father and agent, Carl. "That's fewer than Peter Forsberg or Jeremy Roenick. The bulk of Eric's concussions came in one year."

On the downside, Lindros's goal total has dwindled from 37 to 19 to 10 over the past three seasons.

With the Leafs, he will provide some offensive punch and give Toronto a big body to park in front of the opposition's crease, something the team has desired for years.

Lindros, a seven-time NHL all-star, won the Hart Trophy as the league's most valuable player in 1994-95. He also took home the Lester B. Pearson Award as the most outstanding player as voted by the players.

Lindros, who won gold with Team Canada at the 2002 Salt Lake Olympics, has scored 356 goals and 461 assists in 678 career games.
i think that he was toronto's biggest waste of money, all he's good for is getting a concusion
smith21,Aug 11 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:i think that he was toronto's biggest waste of money, all he's good for is getting a concusion
[right][snapback]131869[/snapback][/right]

One good check and this guy will be like his brother, sittin home doing jack b/c thier brains are facked up :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
Lindros...cmon now, honestly....LINDROS?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Woulda been good 10 yrs. ago... now just a waste of cash
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
FORSBERG!
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Aug 11 2005, 06:17 PM Wrote:FORSBERG!
[right][snapback]131895[/snapback][/right]

They should just bring wendel back :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
ANDREYCHUCK

POTVIN!
05 Altima SE-R
good acquisition for the money...so he may get knocked out at any moment...big deal...1.55 mil. is nothing. No long term commitment = no risk. We're on the hook for 6mil+ for Belfour's wonky back and we're paying Nolan even more just to fawk off.

Unfortunately, most of our signings are hingeing on "if"s...IF O'Neil returns to form...IF Allison is healthy...IF Lindros doesn't turn into a vegetable...IF all of those prove to be the case...and IF Belfour's back holds up...then we'll have a freakin' good year, LOL :lol:

btw...signing that russian defenceman was good...we have a solid D, I'd say (not much scoring, but solid in our own end). Belfour + Tellquivst aint' bad if Eddy stays healthy...it all hinges on those IFs up there ;)
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
he's just damaged goods.
'03 Focus SVT
with that cash they could have raised the 3 stashny borthers from the moth balls... at least they had style and charisma... unlike the BIG "E" (facking retarded moron who thought he was too good for quebec...) :rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I hope he last longer than Gilmour's comeback. :P

I'm actually looking forward to the season now. They might not be competitive, but at least, they should be interesting.
Can't the trainers make Lindros one of them anti-concussion helmets, you know the one that looks like "The Great Gazoo" from the Flintstones.

[Image: gazoo.jpg]
ZTWsugardaddy,Aug 11 2005, 06:22 PM Wrote:I hope he last longer than Gilmour's comeback.  :P

I'm actually looking forward to the season now.  They might not be competitive, but at least, they should be interesting. 
Can't the trainers make Lindros one of them anti-concussion helmets, you know the one that looks like "The Great Gazoo" from the Flintstones.

[Image: gazoo.jpg]
[right][snapback]131925[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
... Pardon me while I concuss MYSELF WTF is that moron Ferguson *thinking* signing that injury-prone washed up prima-donna? For crying out loud I could end his career with one swing of my cane at his noggin <_<

If he lasts twenty games, I'll be impressed.... if he lasts the season and scores twenty goals... I'll eat my Leafs jersey :blink:

NefCanuck
im with Marction on this one, good for the money, and remember there has been a year off so maybe his brain has healed up some :lol: . He should where a big helmet and neck brace.
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
What the hell is Lindros going to do for us?
Hurt himself like he always does?!