Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bought A New Deck
Last year I bought an alpine 9815 for my old tempo which was put in the focus once I got it. I never realized there was a problem until I attempted to hook up a sub and the sub started burping like mad. I then tried running the sub off of the rear preout and the burping went away. Brought the deck in for servicing to see if they could fix it and they said the main circuit was fried and would need to be replaced. This would cost close to 300 bux. I said screw that noise and ran it off the rear preouts until I decided to replace the deck.

Well the replacement day has come, I went out on a limb and bought from a make that i know nothing about. I bought the Eclipse CD5425. Not a bad deck, its stacked with some nice features such as 5V preouts, motorized face plate, EQ, and some other features that are only available to the US. Regular this deck was going for 349.99 however because I am a part of the audio club with the vendor, I managed to get this deck for 280. Awesome deal and the deck seems to do the job. The only thing I don't like about it is there is no control for the internal crossover. This means I am gonna have to install an external EQ for the deck so I can drop the low pass filter down to 50hz instead of the 80hz that the deck is locked at.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
What subs are you running that you want the x-over at 50hertz, thats pretty low. I only ran 50 when I had my 15w6's and had 8 inch mids for the range of 50 -120. If not what are your mids and Hi's crossover point. If to high your missing a lot of sound.

Eclipse are awesome decks, and you got a great deal.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Eclipse makes excellent stuff, it sounds great out of the box.
'03 Focus SVT
Once you buy Eclipse you will never go back. I have the AVN5435 which is my second eclipse I've owned the first was CD8445(last years model) I upgraded so I could have the nav system.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
IMHO, Alpine makes a better product....

One day i'll own some F#1 Status equipment.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
NoiSeeVT,Aug 11 2005, 10:23 AM Wrote:What subs are you running that you want the x-over at 50hertz, thats pretty low.  I only ran 50 when I had my 15w6's and had 8 inch mids for the range of 50 -120.  If not what are your mids and Hi's crossover point.  If to high your missing a lot of sound.

Eclipse are awesome decks, and you got a great deal.

David
[right][snapback]131515[/snapback][/right]

Right now its a Kenwood KDC-3005 however I Think I am over powering it with the KAC 929. (KDC-3005 is only a 700watt peak, 175watt RMS. KAC 929 is a 1000watt peak 460watt bridged @ 4ohm RMS).

Maybe its not a crossover that I need. Maybe its a bigger sub that is required.
found out why my subs are missing and sound like crap. The KAC 929 thew too much power at the KDC 3005...and killed it. SO!! what I plan on doing is, I have 2 infinity 12" 1200watt peak subs. I am gonna run those off of the KAC 929.

HOWEVER!!! before I do that. The KDC 3005 will get the Vikings Funeral. The vikings funeral is where you beat the sub to the point that the sub engulfs in flames. ALL MEN PLAY ON TEN!!!...w00t w00t
ThraxXx,Aug 12 2005, 06:59 AM Wrote:found out why my subs are missing and sound like crap.  The KAC 929 thew too much power at the KDC 3005...and killed it.  SO!! what I plan on doing is, I have 2 infinity 12" 1200watt peak subs.  I am gonna run those off of the KAC 929. 

HOWEVER!!! before I do that.  The KDC 3005 will get the Vikings Funeral.  The vikings funeral is where you beat the sub to the point that the sub engulfs in flames.  ALL MEN PLAY ON TEN!!!...w00t w00t
[right][snapback]132102[/snapback][/right]

If you want to see a sub really pop hook it up directly to a 120volt source (ie wall outlet, then watch it pop, just becarful this is very dangerous and not for amatures. :blink:

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Nice deck. I've heard only good things about Eclipse!
NoiSeeVT,Aug 12 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:If you want to see a sub really pop hook it up directly to a 120volt source (ie wall outlet, then watch it pop, just becarful this is very dangerous and not for amatures. :blink:

David
[right][snapback]132124[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I have seen that before. We did that with an old Alpine Type S 10". The cone blew straight out of the cage. it was awesome.
someone do the math, i read somewhere it was the equivalent to 3300 w
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold