Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Game Of Golf
So who's up for a game of golf?

If we can gather up enough people i'm sure we could swing some sort of a deal on green fee's.
There are a TON of course's in the burlington area or even out towards caledon? Hidden lake, carlisle, Caledon, Camisle .....

as far as i can remember the green fees are very resonable at these places.

I'm thinking maybe a sunday around lunch or early afternoon as it might be hard to get a group of people to take a day during the week off.

any suggestions?
Below Average Car Club
Golf OWNS!

I'm in..

might need a ride though!!! :(
I can't even get 1 member to play on a certain Friday. Any Friday. Work keeps getting in the way.
I play anywhere/anytime. You organize it because I can't stand chasing people who are "in" for golf but cancel all the time.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 9 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:I can't even get 1 member to play on a certain Friday.  Any Friday.  Work keeps getting in the way.
I play anywhere/anytime.  You organize it because I can't stand chasing people who are "in" for golf but cancel all the time.
[right][snapback]130209[/snapback][/right]

You've never asked me!!!

bastard!
if you want to play, then please also suggest some course's .. nothing to lavish though, unless you can get us on for free
Below Average Car Club
microbunny,Aug 10 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Aug 9 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:I can't even get 1 member to play on a certain Friday.  Any Friday.  Work keeps getting in the way.
I play anywhere/anytime.  You organize it because I can't stand chasing people who are "in" for golf but cancel all the time.

You've never asked me!!!

bastard!
[right][snapback]130210[/snapback][/right]

I am NOT, repeat Not going to spend my afternoon playing golf with a hacker.

It is extremely frustrating.

I am not the greatest golfer this side of the PGA but for those of you working for just above minimum wage, it is not the cheapest game either. If you want to play with me, approach me about it and we can talk. But while you guys spend your $$$ on car parts, I spend mine on golf.

Oh, and I can only suggest that we do it last minute....ie 4-5 days in advance and I can save us some money there.

For instance, I could have played Friday for $36 pp at Flamborough Hills, cart included.
But it is always last minute and first come, first serve.

So I could never give a definative answer on where we were golfing until 5 days beforehand.

And if any of you want to come out and kick my ass without being an ass on the golf course, I'm in.

schade,Aug 10 2005, 12:20 AM Wrote:if you want to play, then please also suggest some course's .. nothing to lavish though, unless you can get us on for free
[right][snapback]130211[/snapback][/right]

What like Bond Head? Playing there Friday............

Sad part is I'm in no shape to play golf physically and my dad basically runs Angus Glen :( (He's the head greenskeeper)

If I was able, I could be golfing that course every weekend for peanuts compared to the fees they charge <_<

Great now I depressed myself...

NefCanuck
bond head is nice .. but i heard they were having troubles at the beginning of the summer.

I could get us on Batteaux Creek up here in collingwood but i doubt many of you would want to make the trip up

i'd be game for paying $75-100 to play but i doubt we'd get many at the rate .. that's why i wanted to keep it reasonable.

I'd like to take you up on that ass kickin offer meford4u .. i wouldn't mind playing a game with you
Below Average Car Club
schade,Aug 10 2005, 12:38 AM Wrote:bond head is nice .. but i heard they were having troubles at the beginning of the summer.

I could get us on Batteaux Creek up here in collingwood but i doubt many of you would want to make the trip up

i'd be game for paying $75-100 to play but i doubt we'd get many at the rate .. that's why i wanted to keep it reasonable.

I'd like to take you up on that ass kickin offer meford4u .. i wouldn't mind playing a game with you
[right][snapback]130221[/snapback][/right]

I'll travel to Collingwood. Anytime.

Come on Down to Niagara, tons of courses, Thundering water, that new John Daly course is basically in my backyard almost :D , and you can golf with me, laidoff is awsome!!!
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Aug 10 2005, 01:21 AM Wrote:Come on Down to Niagara, tons of courses, Thundering water, that new John Daly course is basically in my backyard almost  :D , and you can golf with me, laidoff is awsome!!!
[right][snapback]130234[/snapback][/right]

If it's in your backyard and you are a serious golfer, you would know it's called thundering rapids and it doesn't open to the public until Sept 18th.

meford4u,Aug 9 2005, 08:24 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Aug 10 2005, 01:21 AM Wrote:Come on Down to Niagara, tons of courses, Thundering water, that new John Daly course is basically in my backyard almost  :D , and you can golf with me, laidoff is awsome!!!
[right][snapback]130234[/snapback][/right]

If it's in your backyard and you are a serious golfer, you would know it's called thundering rapids and it doesn't open to the public until Sept 18th.
[right][snapback]130236[/snapback][/right]
http://www.johndaly.com/coursedesign.asp
Thats not what John Dalys site says,

THUNDERING WATERS GOLF CLUB,
it opened on August 3rd, to people, i dunno about the public though...
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
I got hook ups at a place named Angus Glen you wanna go I 'll my aunt who bangs the owner
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
meford4u,Aug 9 2005, 08:26 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Aug 10 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:

You've never asked me!!!

bastard!
[right][snapback]130210[/snapback][/right]

I am NOT, repeat Not going to spend my afternoon playing golf with a hacker.

It is extremely frustrating.

I am not the greatest golfer this side of the PGA but for those of you working for just above minimum wage, it is not the cheapest game either. If you want to play with me, approach me about it and we can talk. But while you guys spend your $$$ on car parts, I spend mine on golf.

[right][snapback]130215[/snapback][/right]

WHAT THE FUK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!?? :angry:

SERIOUSLY MAN..PM ME.. FUKER
damnit i want to golf, think i can go 5 times in 5 days?, we will see tommorrow
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
DD1,Aug 9 2005, 10:04 PM Wrote:I got hook ups at a place named Angus Glen you wanna go I 'll my aunt who bangs the owner
[right][snapback]130251[/snapback][/right]

Your aunt bangs Gordon Stollery? That I kinda find hard to swallow, considering he's only in the province the odd time :lol:

Last time the owner was there he asked my dad whether he was looking to retire when he turns 65 in December, dad said no at the time, wants to hold on until after the Canadian Open in '07. I told dad that when he should have asked for a raise to stay, but my dad isn't the sharpest tool in the shed :rofl:

NefCanuck
(Who thanks god that his father is computer illiterate, otherwise he'd be in deep crap if his father ever saw this :P )
I've never played golf. I'll caddy for someone if they want.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I'm in with Raine... never played golf... but I go to the driving range all the time!
I'm dying to get out with you Meford.

It's just this stupis profession of mine workds on stupid idiots changing things....

When things need revision, I come to the rescue.

We should make it a strict rule that olfers who wanna play need to be able to break 85 on a consistnat basis. :D