Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bertuzzi Have Been Reinstated?
scoobasteve,Aug 9 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:haha, Paul i thought you were supposed to stop offending people :lol:
[right][snapback]130070[/snapback][/right]

I never agreed to that!! :angry:

Ashly, what are YOU talking about...?? I just meant that you cant make a concrete decision....Guys Minds EH??? Where was your mind!!~? :huh:
pwn3d? i guess...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
microbunny,Aug 9 2005, 04:43 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Aug 9 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:haha, Paul i thought you were supposed to stop offending people :lol:
[right][snapback]130070[/snapback][/right]

I never agreed to that!! :angry:

Ashly, what are YOU talking about...?? I just meant that you cant make a concrete decision....Guys Minds EH??? Where was your mind!!~? :huh:
[right][snapback]130080[/snapback][/right]

haha, alright Paul. Well, by the looks of your comment... seemed like your mind was somewhere else...

However, I really am not sure. Haven't put much thought on this case.
Thay HAVE to let him in.

The NHL needs every reason possible to get people to watch.
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 9 2005, 04:49 PM Wrote:haha, alright Paul. Well, by the looks of your comment... seemed like your mind was somewhere else...

However, I really am not sure. Haven't put much thought on this case.
[right][snapback]130089[/snapback][/right]

Not suprising!! :lol:
I had wrote a big post till IE shut down on me :rolleyes: Fack, oh well. He should be reinstated. All i have to say and i could go on forever about steve moore trying to suck the life out of bertuzzi and the league b/c he is a shitty hockey player and wants money b/c he can't hack it and has to be the team broot and be sent out to do dirty checks on big name nhl players, yes i seen the hit on naslund and it was a cheap shot. I was watching the game on tv when it happended and i could of grabbed and beat the hell out of moore right there. Bertuzzi could of got a nice contract to play in thw swedish,russian etc... elite league last year but he was not allowed so when yah do look at it he lost out big time, i know most won't agree but that's your choice when your into hockey as much as i am that's sports for yah. Players get away with things all the time, the nfl and mlb is worse when it comes to laying down the law compared to the nhl so
My Mom Says I'm Special
what goes around comes around didn't your momma tell you that
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
ANTHONYD,Aug 9 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:Thay HAVE to let him in.

[right][snapback]130094[/snapback][/right]

What? So the NHL can showcase it when an Avs player finally gets their hands on him and delivers unto him the asskicking he so richly deserves? :rolleyes:

Of course knowing Bertuzzi, he'll develop a condition called "Avalanche-itis" and be mysteriously ill for every game the two teams play...

NefCanuck
DD1,Aug 9 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:what goes around comes around didn't your momma tell you that
[right][snapback]130162[/snapback][/right]

:D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
true dat

hmmm beer
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2005, 07:01 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 9 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:Thay HAVE to let him in.

What? So the NHL can showcase it when an Avs player finally gets their hands on him and delivers unto him the asskicking he so richly deserves? :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]130192[/snapback][/right]
so two wrongs make a right now? to me, it is mathematically correct that 2 wrongs make a right ( -1x-1= 1) :D

but i don't think anyone could really beat the crap outta Bertuzzi, other than a really cheap play, cheaper than the one he did to Moore, it was kinda a fluke that his neck broke wasn't it?? Football players go down like that all the time don't they?
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
ANTHONYD,Aug 9 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:Thay HAVE to let him in.

There's the real reason he's back, right there.

Bertuzzi lost ~500k during suspension (lockout notwithstanding)...he's coming back and going to earn over 5 mil...this is nothing more than a "suspended sentence" which is pathetic.

The impact of your actions has to be considered...most signs point to Moore likely never being able play again, at least not at an NHL level...Bertuzzi gives the NHL a few bucks that he recoups immediately when he's reinstated thanks to the 5mil he'll be earning...

McSorley sits out a season at a time when he didn't have a carreer ahead of him and certainly didn't have the money earning potential that Bertuzzi will have over his career...that's what I call a serious punishment....Bertuzzi gets a relative slap on the wrists.
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
I must admit though its wasnt just Bertuzzi that landed on the guy. He knocked him down thats for sure, but did he give him all those injuries?. Why didn't everyone else that jump on top get punished, whos to say they aren't the cause.?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
something you all forget is that there is far more to this that what you haters are all bitching about.
yes bert hit moore from behind
there is A HELL OF A LOT MORE to what happened than just that.
bert did not drive him into the ice like the media and ignorant narrow minded quasi-fans seem to think or want you to believe. watch the reply again and you will see bert step on his stick, foot slides out and back, bert loses balance and falls forward. like every other human on this planet, when you fall forward you put your arms out to brace yourself, moore just happened to be there and took the force of the fall and then the force of the 3 Avs players jumping on bertuzzi afterwards.

simple facts:

if Moore had of gotten a suspension or even a major penalty for the very dirty hit on Naslund, which took naslund out for 3 games, this wouldn't have happened.

if Granato handn't of placed moore in the position where revenge could be repaid for said hit on Naslund, none of this would have happened.

if the ref had of given bert a minor penalty for following Moore around the ice for the ENTIRE shift before the punch, trying to get moore to fight him, none of this wouldn't have happened.

If Moore wasn't such a little bitch and hadn't have blown off bert just before the punch and taken the fight head on, none of this would have happened.

am i saying what bert did was right? no, he f**ked up something bad on this one.

is moore still hurt? to be honest, i doubt he is. he was walking within a few weeks after the punch... not something common with serious spinal injuries! :rolleyes:
is moore trying to milk the situation? i think he is. like everyone in America, the ability to bullshit your way into a civil suit that could payout large sums of money, everyone hams it up! I believe moore is no better than the people who get into minor accidents and claim major injuries.

the ONLY injury Moore recieved from the punch i would be worried about would be the concussion(sp) which can never be full gauged which also means never be proven to be faking... WHAT LUCK!?

bert missed 20 games, plus the playoffs, plus playing in europe or where-ever during the lockout plus on team Canada for the world cup.
the Canucks with bert vs without bert are 2 different teams. Canucks with bert would have dominated the flames and made the 2nd round... no questions there, the flames did not have enough defence size/skill to handle someone like bert and he would have walked right over kipper. this is not a knock on the flames... just a fact, bert basicly missed what could have been a cup run or upwards of 28 games if they all go the distance.

the McSorely attack was far worse than what bert did!
he used his stick, it was from behind and directly to the head, he just got lucky with the outcome of brashear hitting the ice where bert did not! worst of all it was completely out of the blue, there was no motivation for it, it was a senseless act.

don't hate on bert cause the leafs suck! ;)

Bert should be playing
Moore is a money-grubbing pussy
this whole thing is played out anyways!
ZX3TUNING,Aug 10 2005, 01:13 AM Wrote:something you all forget is that there is far more to this that what you haters are all bitching about.
bert did not drive him into the ice like the media and ignorant narrow minded quasi-fans seem to think or want you to believe. watch the reply again and you will see bert step on his stick, foot slides out and back, bert loses balance and falls forward. like every other human on this planet, when you fall forward you put your arms out to brace yourself, moore just happened to be there and took the force of the fall and then the force of the 3 Avs players jumping on bertuzzi afterwards.

simple facts:

if Moore had of gotten a suspension or even a major penalty for the very dirty hit on Naslund, which took naslund out for 3 games, this wouldn't have happened.

if Granato handn't of placed moore in the position where revenge could be repaid for said hit on Naslund, none of this would have happened.

if the ref had of given bert a minor penalty for following Moore around the ice for the ENTIRE shift before the punch, trying to get moore to fight him, none of this wouldn't have happened.

If Moore wasn't such a little bitch and hadn't have blown off bert just before the punch and taken the fight head on, none of this would have happened.

am i saying what bert did was right? no, he f**ked up something bad on this one.

is moore still hurt? to be honest, i doubt he is. he was walking within a few weeks after the punch... not something common with serious spinal injuries! :rolleyes:
is moore trying to milk the situation? i think he is. like everyone in America, the ability to bullshit your way into a civil suit that could payout large sums of money, everyone hams it up! I believe moore is no better than the people who get into minor accidents and claim major injuries.

the ONLY injury Moore recieved from the punch i would be worried about would be the concussion(sp) which can never be full gauged which also means never be proven to be faking... WHAT LUCK!?

bert missed 20 games, plus the playoffs, plus playing in europe or where-ever during the lockout plus on team Canada for the world cup.
the Canucks with bert vs without bert are 2 different teams. Canucks with bert would have dominated the flames and made the 2nd round... no questions there, the flames did not have enough defence size/skill to handle someone like bert and he would have walked right over kipper. this is not a knock on the flames... just a fact, bert basicly missed what could have been a cup run or upwards of 28 games if they all go the distance.

he used his stick, it was from behind and directly to the head, he just got lucky with the outcome of brashear hitting the ice where bert did not! worst of all it was completely out of the blue, there was no motivation for it, it was a senseless act.

Bert should be playing
[right][snapback]130494[/snapback][/right]

What i wanted to say but in a very detailed way :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
ZX3TUNING,Aug 10 2005, 12:13 AM Wrote:something you all forget is that there is far more to this that what you haters are all bitching about.

simple facts:

Bert should be playing
exactally bang on, except a couple points in there,
the Flames are all about defense, Bert would not have "walked all over the Flames", but he would have made a difference,

McSorely attack was not far worse, he just wanted to fight brashear, and being the pussy that brashear is (just like moore waved him off repeatedly during the shift) McSorely went to tap him on the shoulder and missed and hit him in the helmet, don't remember much more of that game, but if brashear would have fought, that wouldn't have happened. But i think there was motiation in that inncident also.

Berts one of my favorite players, and the Leafs don't suck, 11 STANELY CUPS for the Leafs, the only other team with more is Montreal but they cheated to get them, but thats another story for another time
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
No way they will try revenge on Bert.

I 'm sure the law has been laid down quite clear that retaliation will not be tolerated.

Besides, these guys might actually WANT to play hockey for once.

This year is going to be good I think! :)
2001ZTS said it the best. Makes PEFECT SENCE.

I think he should be out as long as Moore is out. He made a mistake, but he has to pay for it, like everyone else in this society. He shouldnt get off becuase hes a "celebrity".
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
ZX3TUNING,Aug 10 2005, 01:13 AM Wrote:...

Bert should be playing

sorry...while I agree with some of the earlier stuff, I say B.S. to the rest.

no hockey player would bust their ass all their lives to make the big leagues, then fake serious injury in an attempt to *maybe* get a fat payoff from a lawsuit...no way in hell...why, when he could just play and earn a salary doing what he loves to do? I think if you polled pro atheletes, while the money is important, they didn't get to the big leagues by going through the motions...they love what they do.

I think it comes down to Bertuzzi really hasn't been punished...he lost a pittance of money compared to what his contract will now pay him...he only missed ~20 games. Now look at Moore...he will likely never play again.

Tough s**t for Bertuzzi that Moore was so seriously hurt...sometimes punishment is determined by the EFFECT of your actions, or the effect of your negligence, not just your intent. If you're behind the wheel and you are at fault in an accident and the person is "ok", you're charged with careless driving...they die, you're charged with negligence causing death. Same action, different consequence, and so the punishment is different. I think the same should apply here...maybe it would cause people not to punk someone from behind. FWIW, McSorley deserved everything he got...that was some cowardly s**t too.

Bertuzzi being reinstated is telling every player "don't worry about it...do whatever the f**k you want".
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
You'll see....

Somebody is going to die on the ice because of an incident like this.

Hopefully that will change their freakin attitudes.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]