Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Birthday: Dblast
no
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
happy birthday!
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Happy B-day
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Thanks again everyone!

My focus almost ruined it tonight. :(

It started making funny noises when I had it out today. I had to work late and when I backed out of my parking spot It sounded like something was rubbing and screeching. I popped the hood and noticed my power steering resevoir had come loose from it mounting (damn traffic calming speed bumps) and one of the hoses was rubbing against one of the pullies. It was also spraying out power steering fluid. :(

I shut it down and tried to stop the bleeding. Lucky for me, our afternoon shift maintenace guy at the plant used to be a mechanic. He came out with an assortment of clamps and rubber patches and tools. Fortunately the cut was near the end of the hose and there was enough slack to cut off the section with the hole. I had lost quite a bit of fluid so the steering was stiff and noisy.

In another stroke of luck he happened to have some automatic transmission fluid (which is the same fluid that is used in the power steering system) in his car. He topped up the fluid and everything was fine. Phew! :D
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
^^ close call man. At least it worked out in the end!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Dblast Canadian ST 10 3,477 08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Last Post: NOS2Go4Me