Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker Wires
Ok I think I know the answer for this but I just want to be sure.

I have an old Thump 800watt 4 channel amp that I used to use in my old Tempo to power the speakers. I want to put this amp back into service in the focus to power the 4 door speakers.

When I installed my deck I bought the cheater plug that allows you to use the factory wire harness. What I was thinking of doing was running the speaker wires off of the amp, to the front of the car and tapping them into the wires off of the speaker connector for the speakers (I think its the grey plug).

Well what I am wondering is, is it safe to run the wires down the side of the car where I ran my RCA's? The RCA's I am running are the BassWorx RCA cable (not those cheap walmart A/V RCA's).
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
yeh dood..

you can run your speaker wire, remote, and rcas on one side and keep the power cable on the other side..

no problems! :)
You've heard my car... I'm not getting any interference with the power and RCAs on the same side of the car.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
U should be able to. If you get any kind of feed back just install a filter on each line. Its not hard.
2000 ZX3
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 8 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:You've heard my car... I'm not getting any interference with the power and RCAs on the same side of the car.
[right][snapback]129162[/snapback][/right]

MEH..

your not supposed to do that though man...

.... :unsure:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 8 2005, 10:35 AM Wrote:You've heard my car... I'm not getting any interference with the power and RCAs on the same side of the car.
[right][snapback]129162[/snapback][/right]

Well your not really running any high demanding components in your car. Replace that Legacy with a better amp and watch the RCA's pickup some hardcore noise.
Legacy amp... Well thats gonna be one problem lol
2000 ZX3
double post.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
legacy... thump pffff...

No match for my ALL PYRAMID HYPR PRO SYSTEM!!!!

05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Aug 8 2005, 11:57 AM Wrote:legacy... thump pffff...

No match for my ALL PYRAMID HYPR PRO  SYSTEM!!!!
[right][snapback]129253[/snapback][/right]

WHWHWHAHHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

did you score that gear off of ebay. 12.99 for the amp and $90 for shipping?
*shrugs* Just because you're running two Premier 10s in the GTA... you really blow my mind some days man.

Anyone who's heard that system would be hard-pressed to figure it was powered by a Legacy amp. It hits pretty hard for a single 10".

Or does the BSing start now... :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I like my Crunch subs.
i do too.... my personal favorite brand is Phase Linear.
05 Altima SE-R

Pyramid... There top end... Of low end equipment.
But Its still good equipment. Nothing wrong with Pyramid at all... Lagacy on the other hand is just poor equipment... I wouldnt piss on a legacy amp, Not worth my time lol.
2000 ZX3
um yeah... i was being facetious.

i really do not have pyramid equipment

if pyramid equipment were to touch my car, i'm afraid i'd have to burn it down.
05 Altima SE-R
Lol I dunno They sell Cap's.. and a cap is a cap no matter who you get it from lol
2000 ZX3