Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Place To Ground An Amp
hey guys, picking up an amp 2morro, newb to installing these, i assume wiring shouldn't be too hard, but i was curious, if i were to mount my amp to the back of my seat (sedan), where would be the best place to ground it, and also what are the basic wires that i'm gonna be looking at running/best place to run them, thanks guys, sorry this is so newb of me, but i know you guys can help me out
The Focus has a lot of ground points that are pretty good, but the one I used in the hatch for my sub amp is near the post (for the latch) under the carpet. The bolt goes down to the bare metal (which I sanded down to ensure a good contact) and doesn't hold anything else in place. I dunno if it'll be in the same spot on the sedan, but I'll take a pic of it for you tomorrow on the hatch and you can see if you can find the same sorta thing.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I ran my grounds under the rear seat..

sanded down 2 small spots,,to the bare metal..like Al said, and your good to go
I grounded out in the trunk cavity, right to the underside of the rear windshield deck. Never had any sound issues or problems.

I think I stole that idea from Oscar, that's where the one shop grounded his amp to.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 5 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:I grounded out in the trunk cavity, right to the underside of the rear windshield deck. Never had any sound issues or problems.

I think I stole that idea from Oscar, that's where the one shop grounded his amp to.
[right][snapback]128366[/snapback][/right]

You didn't steal the idea, I'm the one who bolted it there. :P
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Quiet you... back to work before I start changing your desktop settings and homepage :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
peel back the carpet on the side of the trunk. You'll find a few spots.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)