Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropping My Car
When I showed you guys the pictures of my new rims and tint... pretty much everyone in the thread said that my car needs a drop. I agree! I thought it when I was getting the rims on. Just a few questions I need to know though...

I wanted to see what everyone thought on how much of a drop to get on my car, and also consider that my car WILL be driven in the winter, so I can't have it being a problem in the winter.

For people who live around me, where is the best place to get a drop?

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Pictures of my car: http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=12197
Go with the Eibach Proline, it's a 1.5" drop and it looks nice...
Turbo arrived!
It might look nice, but you are going to sacrifice a little ride quality with a bumpier ride.
And it won't get any better come winter.
IMO it might "look" better, but you should really just leave it alone if your happy with the ride quality now. Because it may look better, but it won't feel better.

Don't get mad later because you spent the money on what will just be a cosmetic appearance for you. If you were going to do a little racing such as slalom and wanted better handling, then I would say go for it. Because this is doubtful for you, I would leave it be and live with what you have for a winter and talk to bunny next spring and see how he fairs after the winter is over. You might want him to take you for a ride in his car over a long bump stretch of road to fully appreciate the difference in how the ride will feel.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
^^^^
|||||||

I agree with Meford, my ride isn't the best...it doesn't help with no shock has well but... If you want the performance go for it like meford said.
Turbo arrived!
I've been looking at replacing the struts/springs on my '05, and I don't want to go with a drastic drop, because of our fun-filled winters.

Most drops seem to be 1.5" or greater, and I think that might be too much.. not really keen on turning the car into a snowplow. Not to mention I live on a dead-end street, and the plows sort of don't like to plow my street as often as the major roads.

I looked at the SVT suspension as well, and its only about .5" drop according to the FF.com people. Ride quality is supposed to be about the same as the stock, plus the handling is a whole lot better.

Not sure if it would make a noticable difference or not. Really would like some side-by-sides of a 2005 on stock and SVT suspensions.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
FK IS the Kit for you.

Its a Max Drop of 1.5, The Ride is Great(Little more bumpy then stock)

AMIMOTORSPORTS.COM

You can Buy the FUll Kit for almost the same Price as Eibach Proline.

I paid 600 Tax in FOr the Springs and SHocks
Chromey,Aug 1 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:FK IS the Kit for you.

Its a Max Drop of 1.5,  The Ride is Great(Little more bumpy then stock)

AMIMOTORSPORTS.COM

You can Buy the FUll Kit for almost the same Price as Eibach Proline.

I paid 600 Tax in FOr the Springs and SHocks
[right][snapback]126830[/snapback][/right]

FK here also. Love it. little bumpier, but you'll get that with any setup.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I have the SVT suspension it's excellent and the price is ceratinly right at $400.

My old stock suspension was so sacked out, not to mention the broken spring* that with the SVT "drop" it is actually higher than used to be. I am also on 215/45R17 tires with no problem.

* once I clean the grease off I will take a picture.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
here is my 05' ZX5 lowered 1.6/1.4 on Eibach prokit springs

[Image: 04.jpg]
The winters in the GTA/burlington area aren't that bad .. buy the time everyone gets on the roads in the morning there usually cleared of whatever snow might have fallen .. so mass amounts of snow really isn't a problem ..

I don't know if the '05's need this or not but if you do decide to lower it, invest in a set of the p-51 shock shims for the rear of the car .. it'll make the car feel so much better in the winter
Below Average Car Club
Meford said it the best, think about what he said
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Aug 1 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:Meford said it the best, think about what he said
[right][snapback]126916[/snapback][/right]

Yeh meford is right...

I'll take you for a spin sometime and you can see how different the ride is now...and then think once the winter comes...

Be sure on what you want before you commit to it!@@

I actually think I raise my car back up before winter...only because I have the facilities at work to do so with no cost, and to save my tyres....but most people dont have that flexibility!! I don't care what anyone says...driving a lowered vehicle throughout the winter is not gonna be fun!! :(
Wowwww! Definitely a lot of options, opinions and suggestions. Thanks for all of them guys. A lot of different kits too to think about. Thanks meford for that idea, and Paul, I'll definitely have to take up on your offer.

The main thing is I don't want it to be a problem in the winter... thats a biggy for me. Its a pretty big decision... so maybe not just yet ;)
microbunny,Aug 1 2005, 10:16 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Aug 1 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:Meford said it the best, think about what he said
[right][snapback]126916[/snapback][/right]

Yeh meford is right...

I'll take you for a spin sometime and you can see how different the ride is now...and then think once the winter comes...

Be sure on what you want before you commit to it!@@

I actually think I raise my car back up before winter...only because I have the facilities at work to do so with no cost, and to save my tyres....but most people dont have that flexibility!! I don't care what anyone says...driving a lowered vehicle throughout the winter is not gonna be fun!! :(
[right][snapback]126921[/snapback][/right]

I drove my car with Eibach ProKit springs through the winter with no problems. As long as you don't have a bodykit bringing closer the the ground, the drop on the eibachs of 1.5" is not that significant when driving through deep snow. Ninety percent of the time the roads are plowed and dry.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Meford is right. *i said it*

[Image: 82d4d9a7.jpg]

1.5" pro-kit Eibach.
Anthony, do you drive your car through the winter?
it'll be his first winter lowered.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Oh okay, thanks Steve!
No Problem :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I went with the eibach sportline it on my focus. The first week the ride was not to bad but after that it got really bad. I actually thought about going back to stock springs, then I decided to get new shocks and struts. I bought the KYB-GR2 shocks and struts and now the car rides like it use to. go with the whole package.