Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Popped It's Cherry Today
So my 03 SVTF has all of 6,530km on it and after backing into my spot in the underground parking lot at my apartment I notice some fluid drips leading to my car. Look underneath and there is a small puddle under the car. Already I'm not impressed. I took the car outside to get a better look and I can see it leaking from somewhere on the passenger side on only leaks when the car is running. Fluid seemed redish so my first though was trans fluid. It's about 4:45pm so I boot down to the dealership which is about 10 mins away and just before I get there the I can hear the steering rack start to whine. They took the car in right away, and threw it on the hoist and thought is was the pressure switch (?) for the power steering. They tightend something up, but still dripping. :angry: Next they undid the line and resealed it and that seemed to do the trick. They said it was just a freak thing that doesn't usually happen. So alls well that ends well I guess. I'm just happy that I caught it right away. Damn mexican built car! Hey Tito, but down that joint and get back to work!!! Hopefully this one got out of the way nice and early and there won't be another one for awhile. Pretty sad though that when driving a Focus you expect to have a next problem.
High pressure hose most likely. Hope the new one they put on keeps for ya, or goes while still under warranty. Those things can be $$$
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
It's gonna leak again. The only fix is a new hose. Watch in your mirror for smoke. If you see it stop, get a tow. If you keep driving you'll need a pump and other stuff if the pulley shears off when the pump seizes. Mine went and I saw smoke. I stopped and the reservoir was almost empty. towed it home put on a new p/s line and away I went, no other damage. Oh BTW the pressure switch is in the p/s high pressure line. The new line comes with a new switch already installed.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
good thing for basic fluid checks before driving off!!
from what i have heard this is a pretty common problem with the SVTs. i know of 4 that had almost the entire system replaced and a few more who had the high pressure line replaced.

hopefully you catch it before anythig else happens.
Get it fixed keep the paperwork.

I hope this isn't this start of something bad.
power steering hose/pump... its a common problem. just take it to the dealership.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
ANTHONYD,Aug 2 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:Get it fixed keep the paperwork.

I hope this isn't this start of something bad.
[right][snapback]127027[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, you and me both! Considering some of the stories I've read I can only cross my fingers.

scoobasteve,Aug 2 2005, 10:30 AM Wrote:power steering hose/pump... its a common problem. just take it to the dealership.
[right][snapback]127043[/snapback][/right]

I went straight to the dealership and the rack started to whine just as I rolled up. They took care of me which is great for running in at 5:00pm on the Friday of a long weekend.
thats awesome... what dealership? everyone i go to has teh suck.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Aug 2 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:thats awesome... what dealership? everyone i go to has teh suck.
[right][snapback]127157[/snapback][/right]

Sorry Scoob, Keystone Ford in Wpg MB, might be too far a drive for you. :(
terrible news. :angry:
05 Altima SE-R

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Popped My Cherry darkpuppet 3 1,517 05-12-2005, 12:42 AM