Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am So Lucky!(great Deal)
If someone can pull that fender out for you and get it relatively straight, you should be able to smooth it off relatively easily. Will take some time/elbow grease, but it'll save you some coin and build you confidence for future projects (tho by the sound of it, your Ranchero's already done that)
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Boy your posts are hard to read :blink: It gives me a headache.

There is a reason it's at this place, there is a reason the insurance company didn't fix the car.

If I get what you're saying SGI has a lot with cars they sell off.., the reason the car is in there is because the owner got into a accident and it cost more to fix the car then it was worth. If this is the case, I would stay away.

It might "look" easy to fix but without putting it on a frame machine to check to see if it's still straight, and taking it to a real professional body guy, you have no clue.

Would suck to spend the money to get the car to realize it will cost you a bunch more to get it fixed.
Am sorry, i have really, really , really bad grammar!

I think the car will be ok, from the information i got, it seems the pre-owner was big office man, who mainly used to for highway driving. The SGI guy said the frame and all electronics should be fine from what their report said it was ok, I just needs the one tail light fixed to be road worthy, oh and i need to make sure all the paneling is tightly on and not going to fly off.

So I plan to take it to and auto body shop, and they are going to give it a once over and tell me what has to be done, then hopefully I can do that and get my papers all in order!.

So from all this, am getting the idea, the pre owner really wasn't in the mood for putting time into his car, so he took the insurance money and just left the car with SGI.

Save points are for quiters
err don't mean to double post, but i gotta update the great new news.

So i was in yorkton, and i was going to pick my car up today, but they didn't have the keys, it seems the one day i wasn't there, this guy came and was looking at it, and well he decided to take the keys so, now i have to wait till later to get my keys, arrg! oh but i think the guy said the pre owner had a lot of stuff "done" to the car so i can't wait to see what goodies i find. any who good news to, they replaced the bulb that was broke in the car so now i can drive it home,

but shitty news to, i have to have 2 inspections now! i need a safety and structure, tho i took a good look and the frame looks ok i didn't see any dents. or miss grooves. But i spos you need the special schooling to be able to look under a car and see miss shapes and weak points. but that's ok, ill still get to drive it home tomorrow! which is cool.
welcome to the site dood... any more updates?
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
:postpics:
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
"yea but i can't really take pictures when there is nothing to take of yet.... see the problem"

any way aaaa am going this after noon to pick up the car. i hope i don't have to have it towed. also the guys said i had to have the panel popped. yea..

by popped does he mean get those crazy machines that do a spot weld and pop out dents? or is this a new term i've never heard of ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Deal For Summer Tire Owners! ANTHONYD 13 4,583 10-22-2005, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Crazirich
  Great Deal sylo 3 1,283 07-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Flofocus