Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacing The Vortech Flex Hose....
wether by fault of the tuner transformation guys (my bet) or the vortech design, my flexhose has a predisposition to falling off at innopportune times.

I was thinking of replacing it with a 90 degree aluminum elbow and a couple of silicone hump adapters.

[Image: SIL-101_m.jpg]

would this be a viable solution? would the hump connectors provide enough movement for the engine? and what availability are there on 2 hump connectors and a 90 degree elbow (3" inside diameter of the hump connectors)... and clamps.. and how quickly could this stuff make it to toronto if I ordered it?

also looking at getting spare air filter, mounting bracket and bolts for the vortech kit if possible.

but I would needs the parts ASAP ... and there isn't a font big enough to describe how ASAP I need it

thanks!
-steve
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Post a pic of your engine bay...I forget what the vortech looks like.
would the one from the Volant work?

Call them. I'm sure they can overnight it.
well my source for such parts is closed for the long weekend so the soonest i could pick it up and ship it is tues.
hump hose you are looking at about $35cnd each in 3"
the SS elbows are pretty expensive as i only use pharm-grade Stainless. you are looking at $45cnd for the elbow, i'll have to look into aluminum...
i can stuff it all into a fairly small box so shipping would probably be in the $15-30 range depending on how fast you need it shipped.
ZX3TUNING,Jul 29 2005, 08:48 PM Wrote:well my source for such parts is closed for the long weekend so the soonest i could pick it up and ship it is tues.
hump hose you are looking at about $35cnd each in 3"
the SS elbows are pretty expensive as i only use pharm-grade Stainless. you are looking at $45cnd for the elbow, i'll have to look into aluminum...
i can stuff it all into a fairly small box so shipping would probably be in the $15-30 range depending on how fast you need it shipped.
[right][snapback]126335[/snapback][/right]

think it would work in place of the vortech flex hose? I don't really have pics of it right now..will see what I can do... But your prices are pretty much in line with what I figured it would be... if I can get more confirmation of wether this idea will truly work, I will definitely put in the order.

thanks!

it's been a while since i've had my head in the engine bay of a vortech'ed car but i do not see any reason why it couldn't and wouldn't work.
pics would definately help as would some measurements. that way i can figure out if you need a little extra length on either side of the elbow or what....
ZX3TUNING,Jul 31 2005, 06:32 PM Wrote:it's been a while since i've had my head in the engine bay of a vortech'ed car but i do not see any reason why it couldn't and wouldn't work.
pics would definately help as would some measurements. that way i can figure out if you need a little extra length on either side of the elbow or what....
[right][snapback]126607[/snapback][/right]

I'll try to get some measurements and pics when I get to the shop on tuesday to put the SVT MAF in and fix up the tune.