Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should I Replace The Stock Speakers With?
I am sooo new when it comes to stereo s**t it's not funny! :lol:

I"ve just replaced my stock 6disc with a Pyle in-dash dvd player and now feel that the stock speakers are inadequate.

They sound great when watching a DVD, but cd's seem like they sound like they are at their brink and about to blow......

So my question is what is/are decent speakers to run (all 4), i belive the new deck is putting out 4x50watts Or i can run 5.1 which i will need help to do as i'm totally confused on how to do that in a car.

My previous set up was stock deck/speakers and Mtx amp (750 watt) running 2x 10" db drivers in a ported box
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I'd go with JBL GTO 6x8's in the stock locations....the 2-way model. Either that, or a set of PowerAcoustik 6x8's (this is what I'm doing...PR series to be more speciffic). They are affordable, take a beating, and sound very nice for what they are. I've only ever run coaxial speakers in stock locations in all 3 of my cars, and they all sounded very good, especially when keeping the settings at flat. My parents have JBL GTO series speakers in their 2dr Topaz, running off a Blaupunkt HU with a self-powered RS series Bazooka in the trunk, and SQ on a budget is most definately what that system does, and does it well.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
is 6x8 the size of the stock speakers?
Yes, though a 5x7 will fit, the 6x8 is supposed to fit better. Corporate Ford speakers are 6x8's in most of it's vehicles (though some have 5.25" in a 6.5" round plastic basket for front doors sometimes).

Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Alpine TypeS... They sound great and even I havent blown one yet.... ITs been a year... Thats good for me.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jul 21 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:Alpine TypeS... They sound great and even I havent blown one yet.... ITs been a year... Thats good for me.
[right][snapback]124084[/snapback][/right]

Same here. I installed mine about 2 months ago, small problem with one in the passenger side grounding somehow.

If you get some, get the component speaker version.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
alpine type S, Clarion or infinity 6x8's
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jul 21 2005, 10:48 AM Wrote:alpine type S, Clarion or infinity 6x8's
[right][snapback]124107[/snapback][/right]

I dont personally like the clarion sound. But if your looking for good speaker's and a not to retarted price. Go MTX. They just put there new line out and they sound kicken.
2000 ZX3
I put infinity 5x7's in my old focus, now if 6x9's fit then I'd do that. I love infinity speakers.

The thing I liked about them is they weren't heavy on the bass, which was good because at the time I had a 10" Infinity Sub.

Audio Information :: Boston Acoustics :: FX8

Affordable car coaxial speakers ideal for many Ford vehicles and others

5 x 7" copolymer cone woofer with butyl rubber surround
¾" soft dome tweeter
Easy ?drop-in? installation

Recommended Amplifier Power - 12-120 watts
Nominal Impedance - 4-ohm
Frequency Response (3dB in car) - 50Hz-20kHz
Mounting Cutout Diameter - 7-1/4 x 5" (184 x 127mm)
Mounting Depth - 2 1/8" (54mm)
Sensitivity (1 watt (2.83v) at 1m) - 92dB
System Type - 2-way

Upgrade your car's audio with the Boston Acoustics FX8 5" x 7" 2 Way Coaxial Car Speakers. Woofer cones with rubber butyl surrounds project rich, deep, authoritative bass, while soft dome tweeters provide smooth, accurate detail allowing you to hear all the notes of your favorite music. The copolymer construction also stands up to the extremes of heat, cold and moisture found in your car to ensure great listening for years to come. The drop-in design is ideal for many Ford vehicles, as well as other autos with 5" x 7" cutouts.

Soft dome tweeters provide detail and clarity to higher frequencies
Cone woofers with butyl rubber surrounds project rich, accurate bass and low midrange
Durable copolymer cone construction withstands heat and cold to provide years of listening enjoyment
[Image: product20040831010026picture.jpg]
the only problem with the bostons though.... would be that an amplifier is reccomended. they can take alot more wattage than the other reccomended 6x8

i'd suggest a minumum of 50w rms to each.

05 Altima SE-R
Alpine Type-S components, works out to $100 per door.

It's what I'm leaning toward for my over-the-winter acquisitions.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 21 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:Alpine Type-S components, works out to $100 per door.

It's what I'm leaning toward for my over-the-winter acquisitions.
[right][snapback]124342[/snapback][/right]

Planning on running a second amplifier to them ?
05 Altima SE-R
Yup... going to compile it all over the winter and hook it up in the spring. The stockers are holding out for now. Just when I get to 2/3rds volume and up, I've got some signal-related distortion. ICK.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stock Speakers-afetrmarket Hu?!? FociPhil 13 4,905 06-25-2005, 06:10 AM
Last Post: FociPhil
  Stock Focus Speakers ThraxXx 11 4,137 05-11-2005, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Oscar The Grouch