Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Save / Contribute To Focuscanada.net
And I offered to start a channel that would address all of those things without impacting the current membership roster UNLESS they accepted said responsibilities themselves... and was shouted down before a fair consideration could be made by the members here.

THAT IS WHY I WAS PISSED. But it's ok. It's good to see such differences in the membership, because believe it or not that's what makes us different and better than everywhere else.

Everyone assumed that I was trying to enforce some manifesto that required that all registered members of FC.net to pay a membership fee / dues and then go out and recruit or whatever... not at all. It was all gladly optional. I'd be happy paying $20 / year for membership fees that would go towards all of the things you've said we don't do, Anthony... quite glad as this is quite obviously a Focus-specific board as opposed to a local-to-someone car club that is more often than not a regimented classic-car club. Our club in North Bay doesn't discriminate, but many others do.

I should note that it's $20/year to join the North Bay Cruisers, or was it $40? :huh: Can't remember. I'd rather put money into FocusCanada.net and then show up as a "guest" each Tuesday than pay locally. Although, they do have giveaways each night and a 50/50 draw. Hmmm...

I wonder if we can do an Internet-based 50/50 draw each week? How would one go about the semantics of that? And what would become of the other 50%?? It's an interesting idea, because they damn near sell out of 50/50 each Tuesday. :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Other then the hand full of women bitching on this forum all the time :s I would probably even pay a $20 a year membership..lol
Quote:-Focuscanada.net does food drives. Rememer Dan BBQ? 
-Many users $$ to jay when he needed help, granted not all of us, but some did.
-I go to as many shows as I can, with the little time I have I pimp out focuscanada.net as much as I can.

i would say its a car club...like i said i participated in Toronto, I particiapte in Saskatoon, differnt location same idea. Still go to the same place, here.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Jays2000ZX3,Jul 19 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:Other then the hand full of women bitching on this forum all the time :s I would probably even pay a $20 a year membership..lol
[right][snapback]123467[/snapback][/right]

Thats saying a lot considering you dont own a focus.

:lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Some people may not want to classify us as a car club, why? well maybe they enjoy the FocusCanada Community much more than Nazi Jet, and would rather have a place to feel "accepted" Who cares if were a Car Club or a Car Community, We're FocusCanada, and the fact that many non-canadians from abroad, like to come to this place to make it their home, shows that its also has a lot to do with us being Canadian, we're different than the Yanks! We appear to be friendlier, more accepting, less of a tight ass, etc... I'm happy to say that whatever we are, I will continue to be a part of. BTW, who were the 2 members that we lost in the last 2 months? Just curious?
My other ride is your Mom
(---- Feel's loved while on Focuscanada.net

LOL :P :D :lol:
2000 ZX3
What I would like to see:

-More Ottawaians join :P or start posting

-More tech talk. This place seriously lacks tech talk. Now I know that we need people to mod their cars to have tech talk, but yeah.....mod your cars guys. haha

-See Team members post somehwre else than OT. cough* P-51* cough, everytime you post technical stuff on FJ, I listen, cuz well, you know what your talking about. It would be nice to see more poepl like you pipe up in discussions outside of OT. And you wont have to worry about NSFW material in other forums :P

-I so agree with a 'ride of the month' thing

-Videos and more multimedia.....I think this would really seperate us from the rest of the clubs.

-Have something like FJ....exhaust shootouts, product reviews, etc

-Keep OT the way it is.
Flofocus,Jul 19 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:What I would like to see:

-More Ottawaians join  :P or start posting

-More tech talk.  This place seriously lacks tech talk.  Now I know that we need people to mod their cars to have tech talk, but yeah.....mod your cars guys.  haha

-See Team members post somehwre else than OT.  cough* P-51* cough, everytime you post technical stuff on FJ, I listen, cuz well, you know what your talking about.  It would be nice to see more poepl like you pipe up in discussions outside of OT.  And you wont have to worry about NSFW material in other forums  :P

-Videos and more multimedia.....I think this would really seperate us from the rest of the clubs.

-Keep OT the way it is.
[right][snapback]123477[/snapback][/right]

I tried the product review.

I got one reply.

Way to go.

Why waste my time?
:rolleyes:
IS EVERYBODY IN ONTARIO LIKE THIS???
SVT ZX3,Jul 19 2005, 04:27 PM Wrote:IS EVERYBODY IN ONTARIO LIKE THIS???
[right][snapback]123489[/snapback][/right]

Yes, God I wish I never moved from Alberta!!

AnthonyD - People read product reviews, I'm sure if they had something to add, they would. Just like some did in Micro's review threads. I dont know....to me...product review shouldnt have to many replies if they agree with you. ;)

Please continue to do them if you can....I find them great. B) It would be nice ot have a speperate link to a "Product Review" Section,
Flofocus,Jul 19 2005, 04:11 PM Wrote:What I would like to see:

-More Ottawaians join  :P or start posting

-More tech talk.  This place seriously lacks tech talk.  Now I know that we need people to mod their cars to have tech talk, but yeah.....mod your cars guys.  haha

-See Team members post somehwre else than OT.  cough* P-51* cough, everytime you post technical stuff on FJ, I listen, cuz well, you know what your talking about.  It would be nice to see more poepl like you pipe up in discussions outside of OT.  And you wont have to worry about NSFW material in other forums  :P

-Keep OT the way it is.
[right][snapback]123477[/snapback][/right]

DVD's coming, as soon as I recover that ass-load of pictures / video I lost. It's still chewing on it, finding more every few hours. I haven't walked away from that, either.

Exhaust shootout - sure! Eval at the dyno day?

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ZX3TUNR
Admin
29-November 03
3740 posts

Raine
Active Members
29-April 03
3682 posts

NOS2Go4Me
Active Members
4-March 04
3130 posts

I don't think it's the board with the problem Adam... :P Maybe you need to take a break hmm?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Jul 19 2005, 04:58 PM Wrote:ZX3TUNR
Admin
29-November 03
3740 posts 

Raine
Active Members
29-April 03
3682 posts 

NOS2Go4Me
Active Members
4-March 04
3130 posts

I don't think it's the board with the problem Adam... :P Maybe you need to take a break hmm?
[right][snapback]123500[/snapback][/right]

Antother guy with stats.

sheesh.
You know, I may not post all the time, but I'm here every day more than once. Because I don't know much about cars at all I cannot contribute to most of the topics related to parts, fixing or other assorted electronics. But that doesn't matter.

I will admit that 90% of you I don't know other than from your nick and the posts, but if it wasn't for me buying my Focus I'd never be here and I wouldn't have the friends and roommates that I currently have. I'm too poor to do all the fancy stuff to my car that I'd like to, I have a body kit and thats pretty much it. When it comes to meets, I've gone to all the ones that have been in our area. For this year though, the few times the topic has come up, I've been busy. That also doesn't mean I don't "support" the "club". I've bought the t'shirts and decals and all that jazz that was cheap enough for me to afford.

Now frankly, I don't care if you want to call Focuscanada.net a "club" or if you just want to classify it as a bunch of guys with the same car, its the same crap with a different name. But I love coming here to see the chit'chat after the end of a hard day of screwin' the pooch at work :) So name it what you will, I'm not leaving!
"No, my sons name is also Bort!"
And surprisingly, I won't take offence with that. *shrugs*

Lots of guys eclipse me here... what's your point? If you knew how much surfing I actually did in a day, you'd fall over. Seriously.

FC is actually more or less a forum with close friends than as a car club/car enthusiast forum. This may have alienated people from taking a more active role. When I started, alot of the posts had inside jokes and other items that made an outsider feel like an outsider.

After I met a few of the people, it turned out to be an interesting place to hang around and I stuck around, and actually started posting.. We should definitely try to do more "things" in a year.. I personally like cruises, and I don't think we've done too much of that, and try to make more people show up to the meets/greets.

Even a drive out to a nice and isolated place where we could get some good photos would be a great idea..

My 2c..

[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
This place hasnt been a car club for years.....

wait, how long have we been open for??? :huh:

....GO, FocusCanada.net....yehhh

Woooow!!

:rolleyes:
Wow! this is starting to sound like days of our lives :P

But on a serious note here guys. I've been on this board, or in this club for what, 4 maybe 5 months now, and you konw what, i've talked to so many of you guys, that i wouldn't have expected to get to know. I know i'm not one that should talk about meets and all, seeing as i wasn't able to make it to any, but i wish i was there, and when i don't know, i love reading up on the news in peoples post. Anthony, what you did for alot of guys on here, was awsome. Alot of people from what i read had a blast, and that's the way it should. Now, for the contributing part, i haven't really been able to do it much, as i barely have enough money to mod my own car, but i've been trying to get as many people that have focus's on here as i can. It's kinda hard living up in a hole like this (Sudbury) but i've gotten a few guys to come and at least check the board out, and they told me it seems like an awsome place, the people really seem nice! Now the one thing that i think alot of people are complaining about is the post whoring, but you know what, doesn't matter where you go, you always have someone like that, it's what makes the laughes come out, and the burns start, but remember guys, it's all in fun. I honestly consider this place a club, but as a club, we are also WAY too BIG to get together with everyone all at once, especially with the gas prices the way they are. And Adam, before i forget, that lil meet up with you i had that one time, was awsome, if only i could make it down to NorthBay for a day with my ride, then meet up with Oscar and whoever else, that'd be awsome. That's another thing, with summer being here, most of us are traveling, are we not? Try and get together with people in the towns that you live in, talk cars, talk girls, talk relationships, or hell, even just have a beer and some food. I haven't been here that long, but i know this much...Everyone here is an awsome group of guys, and some girls :P, and we shouldn't be bickering about the little things, let it pass, don't harass others, keep your peace, and help each other out, but always remember..HELP ME FIRST!! :P just playing guys

Sorry if this was a bunch of jibber jabber for some people, yes, i'm still young, but wanted to put my 2 cents in, and still have more, just can't put it into words right now.

btw...we should have put in lil ideas somewhere, on how to make this board unique, like the ride of the month thing, and ways we can make it more i dunno, canadian or something

i'm done now :D
Too much Drama. Yes I have even contributed some. Why must we be a "Club" why must everyone belong to a "Club" nowadays? Not going to meets is no excuse. I have been to several. They have all been in Toronto. So. I got to drive my car more. That's what weekend meets are for. Sure I don't go as much since I now have to consider my kid etc. Coming here is kinda like a meet. I will continue to come here.

Sitting at a computer it is easy to say things you normally wouldn't. that 's why you should not take anything personal.

Here is my Idea for this site.

Make every user read an agreement that clearly states " you don't just get respect, you earn it" Once everybody realizes you have to earn respect by your actions we will have less problems. Every criticism doesn't mean you are being disrespected. Lighten up.

This is more a gathering place for us since we are too spread out to meet up on Friday's. Plus some of us have better things to do then meet up in a parking lot and talk cars or drink beers. I'd rather drive mine.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
this is funny lol I mean you have all read my posts over the last couple years saying that the club is a social for the most part. I've tried several times to organize car events where people actually had to leave their city... joke. Remember I got steeda to sponsor a track event last year, told you all about it, prizes etc... guess how many people showed up?? Nil. If I had announced beer and wings at some bar, probably would have seen 5-10 people... am I right or am I right? It's funny really. So in my opinion, we're a car club I guess but not much of one.

Anyway, I was bummed I couldn't make the big bbq... that looked like a sweet time... that picture is most impressive, the number of cars.

So as I said before, if the club wants to grow up to be a real club then I have lots of input and am more than willing to help share some of the responsibilities.

I'm sorry if I offend, but here are the facts as I see them... This is Dan and Jason's cocktail lounge. Jason, probably a great guy, but simply more interested in modding his car instead of creating a national club... fair enough, he's young and he does spend time on this, granted. Dan, the guy who knows what's best for focuscanada as he told me... well seems to me it's business as usual... same old same old. We just don't see eye to eye and that's ok. I respect what he's done in the past with his cars but there still is no change here.

So who else really has any sort of control here? The mods... not really, but I think they do a great job and commend them for the time they commit to the role. So who is gonna 'appoint' someone for a task? Hopefully I'm flat out wrong.

So regardless of where this all goes, I'll still be here... lots of great friends and sometimes a good meet up. Personnally, I'd prefer a more ogranized car club but if this is the best I get then so be it. I make the offer once again to help out, someone just needs to speak up.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA