Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough Of This Drama Crap, I've Got A Problem
Here's the prob. I got my strut tower bar a few weeks ago, tried installing it. Couldn't get it on cause of the DPFE sensor. So, what I did temporarily was dismount the DPFE, leave it dangling, and mount my strut bar. No problem, worked fine for a month.

Now I have big bogging issues at 2500+ rpm. So, my brain finally kicked in and I removed the strut bar and put the DPFE back. No more bog so far. <_<

So I'm asking to all those peeps out there who installed the Steeda strut tower bar (or its equivalent) who have had this problem, where did you mount your DPFE? :unsure:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Lol I had to cut part of my hood away to make room for my MAF sensor. lol
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jul 20 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:Lol I had to cut part of my hood away to make room for my MAF sensor. lol
[right][snapback]123670[/snapback][/right]

My MAF isn't the problem, its the DPFE (or at least I think its the DPFE). Its screwed into the firewall right beside some fluid reservoir (I think its the brake fluid).

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 20 2005, 11:35 AM Wrote:Here's the prob.  I got my strut tower bar a few weeks ago, tried installing it.  Couldn't get it on cause of the DPFE sensor.  So, what I did temporarily was dismount the DPFE, leave it dangling, and mount my strut bar.  No problem, worked fine for a month.

Now I have big bogging issues at 2500+ rpm.  So, my brain finally kicked in and I removed the strut bar and put the DPFE back.  No more bog so far. <_<

So I'm asking to all those peeps out there who installed the Steeda strut tower bar (or its equivalent) who have had this problem, where did you mount your DPFE? :unsure:
[right][snapback]123666[/snapback][/right]

I'll be first to suggest getting a chip and disable it altogether. I have no idea on the space this bar gives you but can you cale tie it to something nearby that doesn't move much and is secure? maybe make something that mounts it to the strut bar itself?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Jul 20 2005, 08:51 AM Wrote:I'll be first to suggest getting a chip and disable it altogether. I have no idea on the space this bar gives you but can you cale tie it to something nearby that doesn't move much and is secure? maybe make something that mounts it to the strut bar itself?
[right][snapback]123673[/snapback][/right]

Hmmmm Sounds interesting. I was originally thinking of just redrilling the holes in the firewall and re-mounting it. But attaching it to the strut bar sounds neat.

double post.

Sounds like you disturbed it.

225 bux plus tax.

Have fun.
The DPFE requires manifold vaccum, now if you kink the line (ie leave it dangling) it will throw a code.

Go buy Malby's STB and get it over with......his will fit without, cutting your hood, without modifying anything and without having to think very much.....
Ouch. When did you discover this - after you left last night?

So did you at least have Family Guy to keep you entertained after that? :D

Come down to my office later, foo.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Jul 20 2005, 09:13 AM Wrote:Sounds like you disturbed it.

225 bux plus tax.

Have fun.
[right][snapback]123679[/snapback][/right]

:o FORK!

If you have a zetec contact laidman, he has a cracked up zetec he is parting out.....
hardk0re,Jul 20 2005, 09:24 AM Wrote:If you have a zetec contact laidman, he has a cracked up zetec he is parting out.....
[right][snapback]123687[/snapback][/right]

Nope. She's an SPI. But thanks for the info. I'm already getting his passenger side mirror from him. Yeah busting that side mirror was another stupid move on my part B)