Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Tough Would This Be To Do To A Sedan?
[Image: P6240042.JPG]

I want to set up my stereo in my trunk properly. I want to put it flat against the back of the seat so I can atleast still use my trunk.

Has anyone seen a job like this one done before???
with or with out the glasswork?
all it takes is MDF and carpet
lot of extra weight though and one thing with the focus is the trunk arms that come down
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jul 15 2005, 11:15 AM Wrote:with or with out the glasswork?
lot of extra weight though and one thing with the focus is the trunk arms that come down
[right][snapback]122546[/snapback][/right]

My trunk arms don't come down. It;s on hydrolics.

As for the weight... I forgt about that :P

Theoretically, it would be a pretty simple job. A hevy one, but simple nonetheless.
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:

Theoretically, it would be a pretty simple job. A hevy one, but simple nonetheless.
[right][snapback]122549[/snapback][/right]
o ya, i was thinking of my buddies zx2

build the sub box seperately then jus build the wall across the front fac with a "shelf" to mount the amp
easily a one day job
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jul 15 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]122549[/snapback][/right]
o ya, i was thinking of my buddies zx2

build the sub box seperately then jus build the wall across the front fac with a "shelf" to mount the amp
easily a one day job
[right][snapback]122554[/snapback][/right]

I never thought of using just a face plate.

Build a box, and then a dressy cover...

Hmmmmm..

Hey Micro... wana buils a stereo next weekend???? :lol:
The Silver part: Would take me 2 days to glass something like that.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Hmmm. the more I think of this... the easier I think this would be.
its relatively easy , just depends on how in depth u wanna go?
i was gonna get a body of mine to build a box and amp rack for me outta fibreglass.
he used to run ultimate car audio in peterborough.
i wanna get the car ready for next spring(nsc6- montreal,qc)
gonna blow away all those imports , i hate rice!
focuzedn2o,Jul 15 2005, 05:20 PM Wrote:its relatively easy , just depends on how in depth u wanna go?
i was gonna get a body of mine to build a box and  amp rack for me outta fibreglass.
[right][snapback]122634[/snapback][/right]

I don't know I don't like that kind of setup cause you basically lose the trunk still, there is not much room at all left and you can't fold down the seats. Have you considered molding a box to the sides of the trunk? or removing the spare tire and putting a sub in there? that way you still have like 80% or more of your trunk and you can fold your back seat for more room. I wish I had more time to spend on the car and well cooler weather too for that matter. I am doing a setup with 2 subs on either side of the trunk amps are either gonna be integrated in the box or right at the back of the trunk where the latch is to maximize space.

Let me know if you need more ideas or whatever, I am full of them
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
nass,Jul 15 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:
focuzedn2o,Jul 15 2005, 05:20 PM Wrote:its relatively easy , just depends on how in depth u wanna go?
i was gonna get a body of mine to build a box and  amp rack for me outta fibreglass.

I don't know I don't like that kind of setup cause you basically lose the trunk still, there is not much room at all left and you can't fold down the seats. Have you considered molding a box to the sides of the trunk? or removing the spare tire and putting a sub in there? that way you still have like 80% or more of your trunk and you can fold your back seat for more room. I wish I had more time to spend on the car and well cooler weather too for that matter. I am doing a setup with 2 subs on either side of the trunk amps are either gonna be integrated in the box or right at the back of the trunk where the latch is to maximize space.

[right][snapback]122729[/snapback][/right]

Ideas are god mang.

I currently have a box with a 12" floating around in my trunk, with my amp mounted upside down under the rear window.

I would like to make a simple box where I can have my sub and amp exposed. Nothing too elaborate, just clean.

I'd rather stick to just wood as well, I have no experience with glass and I plan to keep it that way. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jul 17 2005, 10:15 PM Wrote:
nass,Jul 15 2005, 03:51 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]122729[/snapback][/right]

Ideas are god mang.

I currently have a box with a 12" floating around in my trunk, with my amp mounted upside down under the rear window.

I would like to make a simple box where I can have my sub and amp exposed. Nothing too elaborate, just clean.

I'd rather stick to just wood as well, I have no experience with glass and I plan to keep it that way. :lol:
[right][snapback]123068[/snapback][/right]

yeah I thought the same thing too until I used it. You can make almost anything out of fiberglass ** note fiberglass women are not penis friendly **

just do what I did, start off small learn how the product works then move onto something bigger. If you decide to do the glass box on the side all you would glass is the inside if the finder to maximize your volume in the box. The front , sides, top and bottom would all be MDF still. Basically you want to use as much MDF as possible you only glass in areas it's impossible to use wood, like the trunk walls.

even for a first timer a project like this would take a weekend. That's budgeting for beer breaks, drying time and time outs for when you inhale a lil too much fumes. :lol:

I'd be willing to help out if you needed it too I am only an hour away
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Anthony, I'm planning on glassing a new box sometime in August... wanna see if we can do two?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Old school MDF for me :D
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
make a box that fits all the way across using proper diemensions for the sub. attach an addition to the box for the amp rack. build a "faceplate" and cover the entire box and leave cutouts for what you want visible. pretty easy since weight is no issue.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
What I'd actually like to do now is (I changed my mind) Is create an area for amps on either side of the trunk behind the tail lights. I figure running cables will be super easy considering the trunk has that grey matting all around it. I could easily hide cable behind that.

As for the box.... I think I'd like to do what Malby did with his. Use dowels to make "pegs" in the floor that the box can fasten to. I don;t want anything too perminant, as I've noticed sice I bought the house, I'm putting things like fence wood, carpet and other "long" items in my trunk. I NEED to be able to flip the seats down.
ANTHONYD,Jul 26 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:What I'd actually like to do now is (I changed my mind) Is create an area for amps on either side of the trunk behind the tail lights. I figure running cables will be super easy considering the trunk has that grey matting all around it. I could easily hide cable behind that.

As for the box.... I think I'd like to do what Malby did with his. Use dowels to make "pegs" in the floor that the box can fasten to. I don;t want anything too perminant, as I've noticed sice I bought the house, I'm putting things like fence wood, carpet and other "long" items in my trunk. I NEED to be able to flip the seats down.
[right][snapback]125307[/snapback][/right]

Or you could do what everyone else does. Call their buddy who has a truck and feed him beer.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jul 26 2005, 09:34 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jul 26 2005, 12:50 PM Wrote:What I'd actually like to do now is (I changed my mind) Is create an area for amps on either side of the trunk behind the tail lights. I figure running cables will be super easy considering the trunk has that grey matting all around it. I could easily hide cable behind that.

[right][snapback]125307[/snapback][/right]

Or you could do what everyone else does. Call their buddy who has a truck and feed him beer.
[right][snapback]125326[/snapback][/right]

^^^SO TRUE. :lol:
That would be a nice projet to do. And it's hot!"PIMP"
Turbo arrived!