2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Jul 15 2005, 09:29 AM Wrote:linky
[right][snapback]122510[/snapback][/right]

I cry everytime I think about no being able to drive a BMW 1-Series. :lol:
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
5 cyl turbo.....yum.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
North America needs to get crackin!!! We have such lame s**t over here
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
[Image: 9800_UVCPPGTHGKUQX.jpg]

Opel Astra OPC

The Opel Astra is a brand-new European model that is closely related to the new U.S.-only Chevy Cobalt. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff common to the two cars, while the Astra OPC shares much of the Cobalt SS's suspension, steering, and drivetrain. Given how much fun the SS is, we'd expect the OPC to be a riot. Indeed, basic versions are getting rave reviews from European pundits who compare its handling to the Focus and MINI (despite its basic torsion beam rear suspension) so the sporty version is eagerly awaited.

Where the OPC will really stand out, though, is in terms of power and performance. Thanks to its turbocharged, 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine, its power output will be 240 hp (235 lb-ft of torque), which is enough for a searing 0-60 time of around 6.2 seconds and a top speed of 152 mph. That's remarkable pace for a small, compact hatch. It's also expected to undercut rivals in terms of price and equipment, which will include a six-speed gearbox, limited slip differential, 18-inch alloys, and a wild body kit. As a package, we think the Astra OPC will be very hard to beat.

I LIKE THIS ONE!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
mmmm....i like, i like!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
FociPhil,Jul 15 2005, 11:37 AM Wrote:[Image: 9800_UVCPPGTHGKUQX.jpg]

Opel Astra OPC

The Opel Astra is a brand-new European model that is closely related to the new U.S.-only Chevy Cobalt. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff common to the two cars, while the Astra OPC shares much of the Cobalt SS's suspension, steering, and drivetrain. Given how much fun the SS is, we'd expect the OPC to be a riot. Indeed, basic versions are getting rave reviews from European pundits who compare its handling to the Focus and MINI (despite its basic torsion beam rear suspension) so the sporty version is eagerly awaited.

Where the OPC will really stand out, though, is in terms of power and performance. Thanks to its turbocharged, 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine, its power output will be 240 hp (235 lb-ft of torque), which is enough for a searing 0-60 time of around 6.2 seconds and a top speed of 152 mph. That's remarkable pace for a small, compact hatch. It's also expected to undercut rivals in terms of price and equipment, which will include a six-speed gearbox, limited slip differential, 18-inch alloys, and a wild body kit. As a package, we think the Astra OPC will be very hard to beat.

I LIKE THIS ONE!!
[right][snapback]122555[/snapback][/right]

But aren't the Cobalt SS / Ion Redline are supercharged?

Why am I not surprised that N.A. got the short end of the performance stick?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i smell an engine swap, import a motor jsut like those MaDd TyTe JDMers!!!!

on another note, gm has already said that the best way to get power out of the cobalt is to pick a up a 2006 cobalt SS Nonsuperharged with the new 2.4L engine and slap a turbo on it. word is there may be a GM Performance Parts kit in teh works.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
[Image: 9802_CPQGCIKKIXHGO.jpg]

Looks like a lot of fun!!!!
Quote:But aren't the Cobalt SS / Ion Redline are supercharged?

Why am I not surprised that N.A. got the short end of the performance stick?
[right][snapback]122572[/snapback][/right]

yeah but hat looks alot niceer and 40hp more
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
ANTHONYD,Jul 15 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gal...QGCIKKIXHGO.jpg

Looks like a lot of fun!!!!
[right][snapback]122580[/snapback][/right]
I always wanted one of these, ever since I saw them in the WRC.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but this is a commercial in Europe for the Citröen C4.

Citröen C4 Commercial