Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Painting Interior Panels
thinking about colour matching some interior panels in my SVT which ones do you suggest, I was thinking at least the ones around the cluster would look nice in the svt red like the rest of the car.
I also have the red colour matched interior so I don't want to go too crazy but I have seen some nice interiors in other cars, I guess I have to give it more thought though.
2003svt,Jul 14 2005, 05:52 PM Wrote:thinking about colour matching some interior panels in my SVT which ones do you suggest, I was thinking at least the ones around the cluster would look nice in the svt red like the rest of the car.
[right][snapback]122175[/snapback][/right]
to each their own I guess. :rolleyes: I hate painted interiors and think the SVT's interior is heaven for the focus.

I wouldnt touch anything in the SVT's interior B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Well Do what I did. I went to the wreckers and got the parts I wanted to paint. Now I have 2 sets... Stock and Painted.
They vent's dont cost much and the rest of it didnt either. Get extra's and paint em. If you dont like em then sell em painted to some one on here lol B)
2000 ZX3
Don't paint them if you ever plan on selling the car.

I think it's tacky, but to each their own.
It is kinda tacky, the only thing probably that looks ok to paint is the gauge surround to match the radio surround.....anything else kinda looks tacky... especially the bright colours....yuk....

again this is just my opinion.
This is what I love about this place.....

we actually condone a lot of ricey mods.... Not like some places.
Mason,Jul 18 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:Well Do what I did. I went to the wreckers and got the parts I wanted to paint. Now I have 2 sets... Stock and Painted.
They vent's dont cost much and the rest of it didnt either. Get extra's and paint em. If you dont like em then sell em painted to some one on here lol B)
[right][snapback]123136[/snapback][/right]

I hate to quote myself but this is totally the best way lol :)
2000 ZX3
Not to be rude but yeah, that's definitely one way to KILL an SVT......

I can see someone doing it in a NON-SVT cause the car isn't 'rare' to begin with but doing that to an SVT, a low production vehicle already customized over the base model, big mistake IMO......
Mason,Jul 18 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:
Mason,Jul 18 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:Well Do what I did. I went to the wreckers and got the parts I wanted to paint. Now I have 2 sets... Stock and Painted.
[right][snapback]123136[/snapback][/right]

I hate to quote myself but this is totally the best way lol :)
[right][snapback]123146[/snapback][/right]

Me to, I hate quoting myself. :P

Quote:I wouldnt touch anything in the SVT's interior B) 
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I've seen a sonic blue SVT interior painted to match and it looked really good, the dark blue with the black looked really nice. Personally I dont like red or yellow painted interiors, they just end up looking too loud.

I have mine painted silver and I like it, but I've considered repainting it the liquid gray color so it blends in more. For the radio bezel mine wasnt much of a change though, since it was already a dull silver color stock. I'd definitely keep the SVT parts stock, buy some spares at a junker to paint and you can always swap back if you're tired of it or ever want to sell the car.
Do it up like my computer... paint it all up in nice UV-reactive paint, and then put UV cold cathodes all around the car, in the domes, maplights, etc... it would be AMAZING. Of course, you'll need a dark display area, but it would be worth it :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i know a guy with a black svt...
and with painted red parts and it looks really good
and it is not killed at all i think
and i am a hard one to please
I had my SVT pieces done but had them done professionally with the paint code from the exterior to match.
I had the following painted
1-Door handle inserts
2-all the surrounds for the vents
3-small window defrosters at the edge of the dash
4-the stereo surround
5-the gauge surround

It came out amazing even clearcoated to protected it.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
2003svt,Jul 14 2005, 01:52 PM Wrote:thinking about colour matching some interior panels in my SVT which ones do you suggest, I was thinking at least the ones around the cluster would look nice in the svt red like the rest of the car.
[right][snapback]122175[/snapback][/right]

It's your car, do what you want! If you don't like it, change it back!

NoiSeeVT,Jul 19 2005, 08:00 AM Wrote:I had my SVT pieces done but had them done professionally with the paint code from the exterior to match.
I had the following painted
1-Door handle inserts
2-all the surrounds for the vents
3-small window defrosters at the edge of the dash
4-the stereo surround
5-the gauge surround

It came out amazing even clearcoated to protected it.

David
[right][snapback]123305[/snapback][/right]

Let's see some pics.
I was assuming your talking about painting the actual panels (like the door panels, back side panels, etc)......
Well, here's what mine looks like right now. At first I didn't like it, until I added the steering wheel. Then I liked it.

But now I'm thinking about putting the plastic pieces back to black...

[Image: interior.jpg]
Looks good to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Painting Interior Parts smith21 10 2,572 05-31-2005, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Zoom