Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening A Performance Shop...
ANTHONYD,Jul 14 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:I guess trying your luck in Georgetown is not an option?
[right][snapback]122089[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, a quick commute daily can't be all that bad right? May as well situate yourself in a larger built-up area and then have your hometown boys drive in for the work and support your cause.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Acton, Is not an ideal place for this type of company because the population there is still well below the 5000 mark. not to mention that the " Town of Acton " wants to remain a small town still. I used to live there and when Wal-mart was planing on opening one of their Shipping / receiving warehouses in Canada for the first time back in 93 / 94, to start their Canadian operations. The town rejected the plan that would have created over 3000 jobs to build the warehouse, and then employ the people to run it.

In 1991 The Only other car dealership other then Archils Mazda Closed down because of lack of customers, It was Acton Ford, Lincoln, Mercury. Since 1998 I've seen a huge decline of companys pulling out of Acton and moving more towards the 401 corridor. About the only thing Acton really has going for it these days is Residential construction for people wanting to live further out of the 905 area.

Georgetown would be a better place to set up since the the population has exploded in the last 10 years from 10,500 to 25,000.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
As a counter-point, I hope the 401 corridor will funnel in enough business to Georgetown for you. North Bay has 55,000 people, a good-sized modding and muscle community and can barely keep one dedicated "performance parts" shop floating. Actually, it's pretty crappy in there for sport compacts.

We're on the Canadian NHRA "Show Me The Money" 1/8th mile drag circuit and everything... and the best most of us can do is Keystone'ing it. By we I mean North Bay, not the Focus :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.