Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Busted Mirror
So last week I kinda smacked my passenger side mirror into a post near where I park my car at night. Not much damage, just mounting problems.

Great another goddamn stupid thing to fix. :angry:

The mirror holds for now, but its not sitting right and would be perfect for rain to get in. There's a clip at the top that is busted and the screwholes are a little stripped.

Well, here's my dilemma. I have to either fix this asap or replace asap before any rain gets in there (especially cause the car is power everything). I could probably fashion a replacement clip but I don't know how long it would hold.

Has anyone ever come to this situation and how did you fix it? :unsure:

BTW I'm talking about the housing to which attaches to the door, and not the actual mirror itself.

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement mirror housing from Ford or somewhere else?
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 11 2005, 08:50 AM Wrote:So last week I kinda smacked my passenger side mirror into a post near where I park my car at night.  Not much damage, just mounting problems.

Great another goddamn stupid thing to fix. :angry:

The mirror holds for now, but its not sitting right and would be perfect for rain to get in.  There's a clip at the top that is busted and the screwholes are a little stripped.

Well, here's my dilemma.  I have to either fix this asap or replace asap before any rain gets in there (especially cause the car is power everything).  I could probably fashion a replacement clip but I don't know how long it would hold.

Has anyone ever come to this situation and how did you fix it? :unsure:

BTW I'm talking about the housing to which attaches to the door, and not the actual mirror itself.

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement mirror housing from Ford or somewhere else?
[right][snapback]120979[/snapback][/right]

Replace it. Even if you get a new bracket ( Wether you make it your self or buy it) its most likly not going to hold right and leak anyway. Dont go for the quick fix. Fix it right. Go down to the wreckers and get a new one.
2000 ZX3
or ford... arent they only like $ 60
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Wow 60 bucks for a power mirror? Better than I thought
i think its for a power mirror. if al wasnt in ireland he could tell you.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Ford mirrors are fairly reasonable believe it or not, if you are having mounting problems its the mirror housing thats busted and connot be replaced without buying the whole thing. I have seen people glue them back but it doesn't last long ans usually snaps within a week.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Just made the call to P&G auto parts (wreckers) here in North Bay.

$75.00 bucks for a set and they have only one left. I think I'm going to take my chances at Stockfish Ford.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 11 2005, 04:00 PM Wrote:Just made the call to P&G auto parts (wreckers) here in North Bay.

$75.00 bucks for a set and they have only one left.  I think I'm going to take my chances at Stockfish Ford.
[right][snapback]121158[/snapback][/right]

ha 100 bucks from Stockfish... damn.

what year and options is your cars mirror?

nvm, you have pwr mirrors MAB
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
if you weren't so far away from me, you could buy mine off of my parts car!!! It had power mirrors, just not the new defrost ones, with power. If you are interestd letme know
If you give him a deal incl. shipping, I'll PayPal you the cash for him. PM him, and I'll talk to him in the morning (we work in the same office).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
non power mirror unpainted was like $36 from ford at that parts counter if i remember right.. definitely worth replacing if that's whta you've got
naz,Jul 11 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:non power mirror unpainted was like $36 from ford at that parts counter if i remember right.. definitely worth replacing if that's whta you've got
[right][snapback]121272[/snapback][/right]

It's power, non-heated.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Colony Ford was wanting 88.99 for a power non heated mirror. Mega City Auto wreakers wanted $20 if I got it myself.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
laidman,Jul 11 2005, 06:24 PM Wrote:if you weren't so far away from me, you could buy mine off of my parts car!!!  It had power mirrors, just not the new defrost ones, with power.  If you are interestd letme know
[right][snapback]121204[/snapback][/right]

Check yo PM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Busted Focus, Busted Knee microbunny 56 21,109 01-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Last Post: PerfectSaiyan