Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing Wheel Locks...
No im not jacking rims...

so i came out this morning and i got a flat, so i got put on my spare, and realize that there are wheel lock nuts on the front, and i dont have the key!!!!!!

how do i get them off, i know if you got a torch you can cut em off, but i dont have one...

my next best guess was vice grips, but i dont know if i can get enough leverage on it to loosen it.

Anybody know what works?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Lol Stupid lock's. Your gonna need that key man. Or cut the head off the bolt.

Other then that go to ford and see if the have a key you can get... I think there all the same.
2000 ZX3
I don't know if they have a princess auto where you are ... but they sell a wheel lock nut removing socket .. or you can go to the dealer and they can do it for you.

Its just a socket with bunch of sharp teeth on it that you hammer onto the lock then you can spin it off like normal
Below Average Car Club
yeah same thing happened to me i lost my wheel lock key and had to go to crappy tire to get them removed, (60$). sure enough i found the key a week later
princess auto sells them, gets off most lugnuts that need a key.

remember kids, locks only keep honest people out.
bah, coundlt wait anymore....towed it to CT and they almost tore off my bumper!!!

but didnt thank god...$50 bucks to hammer it out and they damged my rims a bit...

didnt bother me too much tho
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
If you go to the Ford dealer and tell them you want them off they (well my dealer) doesn't charge usually, then you can buy new ones or just put plain nuts on. The dealer has a large universal kit.

I know having a flat won't help your problem having to get the wheel off not being able to drive somewhere
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]