Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Engine Oil Do You Use?
I personally use Royal Purple because its the best and i got a box of it for dirt cheap from my friend hehe :P
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
What ever the dealership puts in it for now, once the break in is past I'll go Mobil 1.
Focus : Motorcraft 5w20
Mustang : Mobil 1 10w30
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Mobil 1 5w30
hardk0re,Jul 12 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:Mobil 1 5w30
[right][snapback]121370[/snapback][/right]

ditto
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Jul 12 2005, 12:02 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jul 12 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:Mobil 1 5w30
[right][snapback]121370[/snapback][/right]

ditto
[right][snapback]121371[/snapback][/right]
same
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Royal Purple
Mobil 1
Amsoil 5w20...

Currently - Quakerstated Advanced engine 5w20 (full synthetic)
I'm actually pretty impressed with it
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jul 12 2005, 12:22 PM Wrote:Royal Purple
Mobil 1
Amsoil 5w20...

Currently - Quakerstated Advanced engine 5w20 (full synthetic)
I'm actually pretty impressed with it
[right][snapback]121378[/snapback][/right]

Quakerstate must of really changed, i wouldn't use quakerstate in my lawn mower let alone my car :lol: Is it really full synthetic, i am guessing not like most oil's except mobil 1 and the german castrol syntec.

I use castrol gtx higher mileage 5w30 :)
My Mom Says I'm Special
Castrol Full Synthetic 5W20. The motor run's so much better with Synthetic. But remember once you go Synthetic you can never go back to reg. <_<
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jul 12 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:Castrol Full Synthetic 5W20. The motor run's so much better with Synthetic. But remember once you go Synthetic you can never go back to reg. <_<
[right][snapback]121410[/snapback][/right]

lol, why not?

I do it with the Justy all the time.

If Synthetic is on sale, i get synthetic for it, if it isnt, its good ol high mileage crap. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Trans-fat free sunflower oil. :lol:

Beats me what they put in my car at the dealership, I just don't want crap oil like that Motomaster stuff.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Its not bad for the engine to go back and forth from normal to synth but it isnt great for it either. You end up with 2 different type's of oil that may displace from each other and cause issues in long term if you switch back and forth all the time.

2000 ZX3
Motormaster oil is made by esso/mobil!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
avoid synthetic blends
it kinda works the same way as gas, they kinda mix the leftovers together

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
ZX5focused,Jul 12 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:avoid synthetic blends
it kinda works the same way as gas, they kinda mix the leftovers together
[right][snapback]121459[/snapback][/right]

So you're saying the fact that Ford uses a 5W20 semi-synthetic blend in the Focus is a bad thing? :blink: 'cause that's what they dumped in it when they changed the oil at my first service stop.

NefCanuck
im syaing that synthetic blend is no better than a regular motor oil. either buy the full synthetic or just get regular oil...unless you go high mileage etc.
Canadian tire has three types of oil that are their brand...formula 1, formula 1 synthetic blend and formula 1 full synthetic. the best and most expensive is obvs full synthetic.
i read a magazine article that explained the dif between the types....ill try and find it or search on the web.

I'm running Mobil 1 0W-20.

Good shiet! :D
whatever high mileage 5w30 is on sale in the winter.. and heavy duty straight 30 weight in the summer..
I use the oil that the ford deales put in, at least til my warranty runs out!
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 9 2005, 07:53 PM Wrote:I personally use Royal Purple because its the best and i got a box of it for dirt cheap from my friend hehe :P
[right][snapback]120611[/snapback][/right]
tried almost all and now settle with Q-state full syth
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....