Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Paint Chip
Washed car today noticed in my hood very small paint chip prolly from rock.. any idea how much to get fixed?
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
go to canadian tire, or ford, pick up a tube of touch up, like 5 bux i think, then a tub of clear, there you go! that's what i did at least, and you can't tell the difference
i noticed i had a couple of paint chips in my car, asked an (unsecified person) like 3 months ago who works at (unsecified dealer) and i still haven't got the paint, hey, you know who you are, keep the paint, i don't want it anymore!
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
then you can wetsand it down, and high-speed polish it, and you won't even know there was a stone chip.
My other ride is your Mom
I got my tube of Sangria Red touchup from Stockfish, it wasn't much. I didn't wet-sand the touchups down, and unless you know where to look you still can't really tell where I did the touchups.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I have some paints chips too, i'll have to try that out, thank god i have a black car, no colour matching needed. Would this work for scuffs in the paint too?
2000 SE Sedan, Zetec 2.0
gabe,Jul 8 2005, 08:45 AM Wrote:I have some paints chips too, i'll have to try that out, thank god i have a black car, no colour matching needed. Would this work for scuffs in the paint too?
[right][snapback]120266[/snapback][/right]

I've thought of that already... but sadly, no. Not like we'd like it to, either. That's something you'd have to maybe wet-buff with a bit of colour match in a chamois or terrycloth (ultra-soft stuff) and then wet-sand down maybe??? :huh:

I did a quick test on the interior of my trunk and got frustrated. I've got some scuffs I'd like to do up too, but have run out of ideas on save re-spraying an entire body panel or the crazy idea I listed above.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.