Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunroof Is Fawked
i went to close my sunroof last night, and it only goes about 3/4 of the way and stops.

Pretty sure its off the track. Anyone know how to fix this, or how to access it. I dont really feel like paying ford $100 bucks to tell me whats wrong, and then charging me $1000 for labour on a 15 dollar peice.

Do you just tear out the headliner or what?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I'd take a look at it before i send it to ford.

taking out the headliner isnt as easy as tearing it down. but its not hard either. just make sure you have another person to help you take it out of the car so you dont do damage.

from what i remember, you have to remove the A,B,C pillars.

the oh s**t handles are a bit tougher. it involves a bit of work with a screwdriver. search on fj for proper removal. i can give you some tips when the time comes.

visors, sunroof controls and sunroof trim are pretty self explanitory. visors = 2 screws. the rubber around the roof just pulls out. itll take a bit of convincing to get it back in though.

do you have a crank roof or a power roof (may not be the same for crank roof)

then there should be two push clips in the hatch area.

and then thats basically it. another thing to watch for is the hose for the washer fluid is glued to the top of the headliner. seperate it carefully and have some duct tape or adhesive handy to stick it to the roof or else its going to get in the way.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
good ol ghetto crank...

im thinking it cant be that bad, its most likley just off the track...which im sure im going to have to take the whole thing apart to fix
Talk to Garret as his did that but I think he got it fixed at Ford. His was also power but yeah, it came off the track. See what you can find out, give me a shout if you can't get it, maybe I can look at it also, two heads are better then one. You shouldn't have to pull the headliner out, you should be able to see in from the top.
to me it looks like on the passnager side of the sunroof, its lifted, and when i try to close it it starts to rub against the body(top side of glass)...but i dont know how to get it back on the track...
hit it........REALLY hard!!! :P j/k, don't do it! sucks to hear this, hope things get better soon
well i managed to get it closed, so at least my car wont get flooded...

i had to pull it to one side, and then try to roll it closed...as i do that i can hear the seal squeal against the body...

its definalty off the track, i tryied my hardest to pull it back inline but it aint happening
Maybe stupid suggestion... have you tried the reset procedure? I don't know how bad it is so maybe that might just make it worse... :(
I think the reset procedure is only for power roofs
05 Altima SE-R
you can get a manual roof, i thought they were all power
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Jul 8 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:you can get a manual roof, i thought they were all power
[right][snapback]120397[/snapback][/right]

the first year a focus had sunroofs they were manual, mines a 2001

im gonan check to see if there is a reset procedure, if not then i might have to do some tugging and try to figure it out
Crazirich,Jul 8 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:you can get a manual roof, i thought they were all power
[right][snapback]120397[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I've never heard of the manual sunroof before either...
I had one in my ZX3
05 Altima SE-R
The 2002 models and up all had power sunroofs (if they came with a sunroof). Before 2002, they were all manual, crank type.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ok, This Is Fawked. Zoom 46 10,502 02-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Last Post: hardk0re