Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jrsc Installed On The Svt.....
....but somethings not right. The car is running really rough. It hesitates and sputters and is actually down on power. The blower seems to be working properly. I've gotten to 6psi on my boost gauge. My a/f shows rich when under throttle, which is good. At the moment I'm just using the jrsc power card, everything else is stock on the motor except for 1 step colder plugs and a cone filter. Tomorrow I'll try cleaning the MAF sensor, any other suggestions guys. I don't really want to buy a tunning device since I plan on getting the BBK for the svt when it's released which will reflash my cpu anyway.
make sure all the wire for the black box crap are soldered... I hate this crap, thats one of the reason why I removed it from mine.

good luck.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Or drive up to steeda and hook it up on the dyno and get a real tune.
french_connection,Jul 7 2005, 01:39 AM Wrote:make sure all the wire for the black box crap are soldered...  I hate this crap, thats one of the reason why I removed it from mine.

good luck.
[right][snapback]119831[/snapback][/right]

I'll give that a try. What did you use inplace of the black box....SCT/Xcal? Also did you upgrade your injectors and MAF? Btw I've got your old blower :P , bought it off Steve.
hardk0re,Jul 7 2005, 01:42 AM Wrote:Or drive up to steeda and hook it up on the dyno and get a real tune.
[right][snapback]119832[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I wanted to avoid that. I thought I'd be able to drive around using the black box until the big boost kit is released for the svt (should be this month). The big boost kit includes a reflash of the cpu, thus eliminating the black box along with 42 lb injectors, 3" pully and a recalibrated MAF.
congrats!
Check for vacuum leaks, everywhere, not only the redirected tubes but also the TB gasket, the EGR valve gasket, the SC intake manifold, retorque the bolts (including the ones below), the idle air control valve, etc.

I never had any luck with the Jackson Racing black box. At first it was running rich, with a sputtering idle. Then i was losing boost (loose wires, should have soldered them.) The black box just dumps more fuel when it detects boost. It does not give you a fine tune with proper air to fuel ratio.

I ended up getting it dyno tuned with a SCT chip at Steeda but only after all of the vacuum leaks and other problems were resolved. Without the black box it then ran lean over 5000 rpm. That was fixed with bigger injectors.

Now it runs fine with a perfect idle and a steady air to fuel ratio across the rpm band. I just need more power now. Big Boost kit here I come.
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Make sure your electrical connections are perfect. I just dealt with some problems exactly like you described and it was electrical.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Thanks for the input guys I'll try some of your suggestions and see what happens....