Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls
Transport Canada issues latest recalls

Ottawa, Ontario – Transport Canada has issued its latest recalls, which may affect some General Motors, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Infiniti, Jeep, Hyundai, Honda, and Subaru vehicles, and some Nitto and Toyo tires.

2010 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Vehicles affected: 84

On certain vehicles equipped with a turbocharged engine, a front brake line may come in contact with the underbody of the vehicle, which may result in a brake line durability issue. Brake line wear would be minimal, as there is no relative motion between the line and the underbody, and the lines are covered with a protective vinyl layer, but perforation is still possible, which could lead to a brake fluid leak. Dealers will inspect and adjust the brake line position on affected vehicles.

2010 Mazda CX-9
Vehicles affected: 637

On certain vehicles equipped with electrically-heated front seats, there is a possibility for the seat heater control circuit to overheat and fail under extreme cold conditions. This failure could result in burn damage to the seat cushion surface, and in worst case, in a risk of smoke or fire. Dealers will inspect and repair affected vehicles.

2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Vehicles affected: 1,242

In areas where road salt is frequently used in winter, certain vehicles may be exposed to road debris and mud mixed with salt. This can become trapped between a reinforcing bracket and the fuel filler pipe, potentially causing corrosion. Over time, the corrosion could create a leak in the fuel filler pipe that could result in fuel leakage when refuelling the vehicle. Dealers will repair the affected vehicles by replacing the fuel filler pipe and associated parts with new, improved parts.

2005-2010 Chevrolet Cobalt
2007-2010 Pontiac G5
2005-2007 Pontiac Pursuit
Vehicles affected: 256,465

Certain vehicles equipped with electric power steering may experience a sudden loss of power steering assist, which could occur at any time while driving. If the assist is lost, a message will display on the Driver Information Centre and a chime will sound. The vehicle will revert to a manual steering mode and steering control can be maintained, but will require greater driver effort. Dealers will replace the electric power steering motor.

2005-2009 Infiniti QX56
2005-2009 Nissan Armada
2005-2009 Nissan Titan
Vehicles affected: 8,681

On certain vehicles, the material used on the fuel level sending unit contacts can wear and contaminate the sender. This will cause the instrument panel fuel gauge to display that the vehicle still has some fuel in the tank when it is empty. Letters will be sent to owners in two stages. The first will advise owners of fuel gauge inaccuracy and recommend maintaining a fuel level above the one-half position. The following letter will request owners to bring the vehicles to a dealer for replacement of the fuel sender unit.

2006 and 2008 Nissan Frontier
2006 and 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
2006 and 2008 Nissan Xterra
Vehicles affected: 2,297

On certain vehicles, the molded fuel tanks are slightly thinner than specification in the area under the fuel sender unit. This may allow the tank floor to deform, causing the fuel sender float to interfere with other features inside the tank. This will cause the instrument panel fuel gauge to display that the vehicle still has a quarter-tank of fuel when it is empty. Letters will be sent to owners in two stages. The first will advise owners of fuel gauge inaccuracy and recommend maintaining a fuel level above the one-half position. The following letter will request owners to bring the vehicles to a dealer for replacement of the fuel sender unit.

2008-2010 Infiniti QX56
2008-2010 Nissan Armada
2008-2009 Nissan Quest
2008-2010 Nissan Titan
Vehicles affected: 6,246

On certain vehicles, the brake pedal pivot pin end was not properly manufactured. As a result, the pin may not remain in place, causing the brake pedal to partially disengage from the brake pedal bracket. If this occurs, the driver will experience unusual and noticeable looseness in the pedal, and a reduction in braking force. Owners of all potentially affected vehicles will be contacted and their brake pedal assembly will be inspected and replaced if necessary.

[I]2009 Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain
2009 Toyo Open Country
2009 Toyo Proxes ST II
Units affected: 187

Certain tires sold in Canada may have been produced with an internal wrinkle in the upper sidewall area. Under certain circumstances, this wrinkle may eventually lead to a crack in the sidewall. Dealers will replace the affected tires.

2010 Jeep Commander
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Vehicles affected: 200

Certain vehicles may have been built with an improperly manufactured rear track bar. This could result in noise and reduced vehicle stability. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected track bars.

2009-2010 GMC Savana
2009-2010 Chevrolet Express
Vehicles affected: 1,414

Certain vehicles were built with heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) control knobs that may fracture and spin on the control shaft. If this happens, the driver may no longer be able to control the heating, cooling and ventilation for the vehicle. This may affect the defroster system, resulting in decreased driver visibility. Dealers will replace all HVAC control knobs.

2011 Hyundai Sonata
Vehicles affected: 84

On certain vehicles, if a front inside door lock switch is held in the locked position while the inside door handle is pulled, the door latch inside lever handle may become out of position relative to the latch. If this occurs, the inside door handle will not return to its normal position, and the door will remain unlatched when it is closed. The manufacturer has repaired all affected vehicles.

2007-2008 Honda Element
2007-2008 Honda Odyssey
Vehicles affected: 28,817

On certain vehicles, during the self-check process that occurs shortly after each time the vehicle is started, the self-diagnostic software for the vehicle stability assist brake modulator causes a condition that can allow air to enter the modulator pump. Over time, and after starting the engine numerous times, it is possible for enough air to enter the system to change the brake pedal feel and affect braking performance. Dealers will remove existing air in the brake system, and then apply sealant and caps to the modulator to prevent air from entering the brake system.

2003-2007 Cadillac CTS
Vehicles affected: 14,186

On certain vehicles sold and/or registered in Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island, the front brake hose fitting at the caliper may corrode. If it corrodes significantly, the internal brake hose/tube interface may develop a leak or in some cases break, causing a sudden increase in braking distance. Dealers will replace both front brake hose assemblies.

2010 Subaru Tribeca
Vehicles affected: 346

On certain vehicles, the inner door handle cable and window regulator may interfere, causing sudden door unlatching. If the door latch disengages while the vehicle is being driven, the door may open. Dealers will reroute the inner door handle cable on affected vehicles.
[/I]
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
No Fords, which is good, but I know someone who bought a used CTS-V up from Florida recently so I'll have to let him know about this (I don't know if the CTS & CTS-V have the same braking assemblies at the front but it never hurts to check)

Used CTS-V that he picked up in Florida for a song... and what a song that thing tells you (including the "surprises" :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 29 2010, 10:44 AM Wrote:No Fords, which is good, but I know someone who bought a used CTS-V up from Florida recently so I'll have to let him know about this (I don't know if the CTS & CTS-V have the same braking assemblies at the front but it never hurts to check)

Used CTS-V that he picked up in Florida for a song... and what a song that thing tells you (including the "surprises" :ph34r:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]304102[/snapback][/right]

CTS-V are bad ass cars. I would so love one any day. And they definitly have different brakes.....they are huge.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
where can i get information on the focus recalls? Or, to find out if mine were done up to date?
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Is it me or is the Manufactures just using cheaper parts now a days.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Scorcher000,Mar 29 2010, 07:10 PM Wrote:Is it me or is the Manufactures just using cheaper parts now a days.
[right][snapback]304123[/snapback][/right]

Go take a look at 2005 cobalts. I looked at a few before I found the focus and their interior was worn to crap.
Mystake,Mar 29 2010, 06:34 PM Wrote:where can i get information on the focus recalls? Or, to find out if mine were done up to date?
[right][snapback]304116[/snapback][/right]

Go to your nearest Ford Dealership, and give them your VIN, you might have to pay a small fee to be put onto the Ford Recall notice register, and they can tell you if your car has anything outstanding, and any future recall notices will be mailed out to you.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
alright thanks dude!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transport Canada issues latest recalls Frost__2001 1 1,988 09-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Last Post: reldridge
  Transport Canada announces latest recalls Frost__2001 1 2,151 08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Spinal
  Transport Canada issues latest recalls Frost__2001 2 2,186 07-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
Information Transport Canada issues latest recalls Frost__2001 7 3,876 06-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Last Post: Mystake
  Transport Canada issues latest recalls Frost__2001 3 2,294 05-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Last Post: mo_focus
  Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls Frost__2001 1 2,036 04-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Last Post: reldridge
  Transport Canada Announces Latest Recalls Frost__2001 4 2,685 02-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls Frost__2001 0 1,732 02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Toyota Recalls 2.3 Million Cars In Canada And U.s. darkpuppet 15 6,419 02-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Transport Canada Issues Latest Recalls Frost__2001 6 2,722 01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001