Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Part Deux
I have with dispensed with any lengthly chit chat and picked a time and place that works with me and the rest of you can deal with it.

[Image: 18_10_58-med.jpg]

Dates: Friday 26 August 2005 to Sunday 28 August 2005. I will actually be arriving late Thursday the 24th.

Place: Bon Echo Provincial Park, Hardwood Hills Campground (radio free), Site 469 (mine), 470 (reservable), 468 (reservable). Sites are good/average quality, partial to full shade. Water close, outhouse 100m and flush toilets and showers maybe 200m? 467 is also close buy but is a walk in site.

Bon Echo is north of Peterbourough, west of Ottawa and south of Algonquin, by eye-balling it 2-1/2(?) hours travel from GTA.

Be there or be ghey.

Everthing you need to know and make a reservation is here:

http://www.ontarioparks.com/

Anthony: If the dates work for you, you and Jen can share my site. I will be bringing the family to this one. Let me know.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
omg its 2001 ZTS :o , i thought he died?
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
I think I may have to get in on this camping trip!

I'll confirm with Vanessa and book by the end of the week
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Doh, I'm already booked for camping that weekend.
Macgregor point provincial park.
Why didn't we discuss this yesterday!
I'll check with Sara as she's chomping at the bit for some camping this summer.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
j3rt,Jun 26 2005, 04:47 PM Wrote:Doh, I'm already booked for camping that weekend.
Macgregor point provincial park.
Why didn't we discuss this yesterday!
[right][snapback]117604[/snapback][/right]
Sun stroke?

Doesn't mean we cant have another. Get the ball rolling yourself:

-Just pick a campground
-Find three (or more) adjacent sites available within the same time frame
-Reserve one
-Let everyone know
-See who shows up.

I don't have time or patience for a 5 page discusion on what day/place is "good" for everyone. Having everyone reserve their own sites makes organizing these things painless.

Besides you wouldn't like this one anyway, its radio free again. :P
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Looks very nice, I'll get back to you guys!
I'm ok with radio free, it's the sites around me that have the problem.

Just wished I'd had thought to bring it up yesterday, although, murphy law, you probably had the site already booked like I did.

No worries.
Booked!

Site: 466
Type: Non-Electric Campsite - Regular Rate
Maximum Equipment: 3 Tents/Shelters
Maximum Capacity: 6 People
Rating: Average
Note: park and walk in, outhouse nearby
site quality: average
site privacy: good
site shade: full shade
vehicle parking: 2 on 2 or more off
ground cover: soil
fire pit location: back left

Andrew:
I know you offered to share your site with us, we just took it upon ourselves to grab our own site.

Looking forward to it!
In that case will Vanessa and I be able to split a site with either of you two?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Jun 26 2005, 10:23 PM Wrote:In that case will Vanessa and I be able to split a site with either of you two?
[right][snapback]117699[/snapback][/right]

I didnt know you were into sharing :lol: Here comes donny :P
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I'm in.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Update:

3 parties confirmed over two sites.

Site 466: AnthonyD, Mrs. AnthonyD & darkpuppet. Site closed.
Site 469: Mr & Mrs 2001 ZTS plus mini 2001 ZTS (age 5). Site closed except for single female(s) or couple with one kid.

Available:

Sites 468 and 470 which are located near/between 466 and 469 (duh). In addition to those two specific sites there are, for now, others close buy. Each can take 2 cars, 3 tents, 6 people max. A 3 day resevation is about $60 for the site divided as many as six times.

All you need is a e-mail address, credit card to resereve and the link in Post #1.

If you are a camping "newb" the veterans can help you out with questions, post away.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I just got my comformation in the mail last night!

Looking forward to it fellas!
TTT

ATT: newbs and "girly men", you'll never regret a FocusCanada camping trip. Ask anyone who did the first one. An absolute laugh riot.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Dogs allowed?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
My stomach killed form lauging so hard last time.
^^-- my stomach hurt from the tiramisu of beer soaked potato chips and meat.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jul 19 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:^^-- my stomach hurt from the tiramisu of beer soaked potato chips and meat.
[right][snapback]123335[/snapback][/right]

Not to mention the sugar doughnuts.

(thanks Rita)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wing Night Part Deux. ANTHONYD 113 59,945 09-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet