Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Part Deux
Dam. That place looks nice. I would so come if i was close.
I would like to come but I am a noob to camping, so I am totally confused here...

What is a site? Is it an area of the park? Are you confined to your site? I'm so confused, can someone please explain this to me? Thanks in advance
Random Hero,Jul 21 2005, 12:24 AM Wrote:I would like to come but I am a noob to camping, so I am totally confused here...

What is a site? Is it an area of the park? Are you confined to your site? I'm so confused, can someone please explain this to me? Thanks in advance
[right][snapback]124033[/snapback][/right]

WOW :blink:

Are you serious?!
A site is just that a campsite. Campsites are generally about 60' x 60' and consist of some flat ground for a up to 3 tents, a fire pit, a picnic table and room for one or two cars.

The idividual sites are clustered together in a campground. A park may have a number of different campgrounds within it. Some are for tents, some for trailers, some allow dogs, some don't, some allow radios, some don't.

Within the campground will be water taps and outhouses close by, usually one of each for every ten sites. The sort of campground we will be at will also have flush toilets and showers within walking distance.

Within this park are hiking trails, beaches canoe rentals etc., you can wander around wherever you want.

Play around with the Ontario Provincial Park website for a while. Post again if you want to make a reservation and I'm sure someone will talk you through it.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Yes I was serious at the time, but after a very long long day and a few beers the mind is not in the best shape, at least for me. After I read over my questions, I must come off like an idiot. I apologize, and thank you ZTS for answering.
I am trying to get a few other people to come up with me this time. I should know tonight if they can make it, depends on wether or not there is a fishing tournament that weekend, then I'll book a site.
Natasha
Random Hero,Jul 21 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:Yes I was serious at the time, but after a very long long day and a few beers the mind is not in the best shape, at least for me. After I read over my questions, I must come off like an idiot. I apologize, and thank you ZTS for answering.
[right][snapback]124165[/snapback][/right]
lol you fit in perfectly here, not bad when your 3rd post is a drunken one!!

welcome!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Looks like we won't be going, Shawn has a fishing tournament that weekend. Have a great time guys :)
Natasha
TTTT

anyone else attending this or is just the 4 of us?
ANTHONYD,Aug 8 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:TTTT

anyone else attending this or is just the 4 of us?
[right][snapback]129153[/snapback][/right]

I wanna go but, andrew wont email me back...bastard..

plus I dont have a vehicle currently!!
TTT
Im going but with my friends we booked a site there awhile back, maybe I will see you guys there.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Aug 15 2005, 07: Wrote:Im going but with my friends we booked a site there awhile back, maybe I will see you guys there.
[right][snapback]132905[/snapback][/right]

We won't be hard to miss. Here's a few pics of us at the beach during the last camping trip:

[Image: belugas.jpg]

[Image: beluga-pic9.JPG]

Darkpuppet scores:

[Image: 00027856.jpg]

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
^--- she was HAWT!

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Darkpuppet:

[Image: 20030917-175120-CRW_3177.jpg]
^--- something about not allowing deep linking... which is cool... I can do a camping trip without deep linking. won't be quite the same tho...

Att: campers

First off the forecast looks awesome.

From our campground it is a bit of a walk to the beach. Darkpuppet and I are bringing bicycles. The rest of you may want to do the same.

[Image: BE_0_1.gif]

I'll be up there Thursday lunch. I'll try to phone someone that evening with a "how long did it take to drive there" and "what is the campsite like" report so that it may be posted here.

I'm debating what route to take myself. Highways, 401, 115 (to Peterborough), 7 and then 41 is the least amount of miles but I think it may be faster to go 401 and then north on 37 to 7 and then 41. You want a map for this one it is way the funk out there.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 21 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:Att: campers

First off the forecast looks awesome.

From our campground it is a bit of a walk to the beach. Darkpuppet and I are bringing bicycles. The rest of you may want to do the same.

[Image: BE_0_1.gif]

I'll be up there Thursday lunch. I'll try to phone someone that evening with a "how long did it take to drive there" and "what is the campsite like" report so that it may be posted here.

I'm debating what route to take myself. Highways, 401, 115 (to Peterborough), 7 and then 41 is the least amount of miles but I think it may be faster to go 401 and then north on 37 to 7 and then 41. You want a map for this one it is way the funk out there.
[right][snapback]134563[/snapback][/right]

How long do you figure it will take to get there?

Steve-o. I'm off work this week so I can leave Friday morning if you want.

And 2001ZTS....What do you think the easiest / best way to get there would be????
I'm guessing it will be about three hours.

I'm leaning towards my second route via Belleville (401 and then north on 37 to 7 and then 41). More time on the multi lane roads than going via Peterborough and faster overall despite being slightly longer in distance.

I worked out the "pete" route as being 258km from 401 & DVP and the "Belleville" route as 265, only 7km longer.

2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
ANTHONYD,Aug 21 2005, 08:33 PM Wrote:How long do you figure it will take to get there?

Steve-o. I'm off work this week so I can leave Friday morning if you want.

And 2001ZTS....What do you think the easiest / best way to get there would be????
[right][snapback]134583[/snapback][/right]

I'm doing everything in my power to not work this weekend... getting Friday off is a bit too big of a stretch at this moment tho.. I'll keep ya posted, but I can always meet you guys there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wing Night Part Deux. ANTHONYD 113 59,938 09-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet