Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockford Amp Problem
I hooked up my amp today to find out it doesn't work.

I had hooked it up previously in my car, but my wiring just wasn't big enough for this amp (P3001 mono RF amp).

So I redid all the wiring today, and the RF logo lights up, and the swirl lights up according to the music just like it should. So its getting power, the ground is good, and no warning lights are on the amp or anything.

When I turn the car on, the sub sucks into the box and stays there. And thats all it does.

So of course it looks like the cables are reversed right? Checked everything out inside the box and all, and everything is good. No cable kinks anywhere in the whole car.

The sub doesn't work either, and I know its not blown. It won't move at all.

Unfortunately I bought this amp from another guy new, but I'm the second owner, so I don't know how warranty would work, and I'm a week over the 1 year warranty RF gives.

I'm going to hook up a multimeter to my RCA's tomorrow to see what shows, but since the swirl 'dances according to the music' it looks like the amp is getting the signal just fine.

Any suggestions guys???

Thanks.
If your only a week over the warrantee.... chanced are they have a grace period. Take it in ask them to look at it. (only if RF pays for it.) Better yet, call them and ask.
You were under powering the amp with small wireing right. Well there you have it. You blew the amp.
It was stressed pulling power and then you gave it the proper power and it blew it.
You blew the out's on it.

Best bet is to contact Rockford and get it fixed or get a new one.
2000 ZX3