Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q: Aftermarket Hu Install
OK i plan on installing my new deck today, i think i have everything i need so that i can just do it and get it done.......

But i have one question, the harness i bought is for a cougar since i haven't been able to find one for the focus.

When i pulled the focus deck out the other day i saw that there are 3 plugs off the harness ( 2 big and 1 small plug), now the adapter only has the 2 big SO what is the little plug on the harness for?

On the single disc it goes in the middle of the two and on the 6disc it plugs in off to the side towards the passenger side. I also noticed it's different on my 2002 ZX3(smaller yellow plug) than my Moms 2003 ZX5 (small black plug) which seems to have more prongs.

So do i have the right harness or do I have to go buy a different one?

2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Just leave that little one, its not needed. I belive thats for the automatic volume of the factory deck. I think it was a setting called AVS or something, when you go faster your volume goes up and when you slow down the volume goes down.

Your gonna use a solering iron and heat shrink right? ;)
hardk0re,Jun 19 2005, 06:29 AM Wrote:Just leave that little one, its not needed.  I belive thats for the automatic volume of the factory deck.   I think it was a setting called AVS or something, when you go faster your volume goes up and when you slow down the volume goes down.

Your gonna use a solering iron and heat shrink right?   ;)
[right][snapback]115380[/snapback][/right]

Cool i never used that stupid thing anyway, seemed like a good way to blow your speakers to me!!! :lol: :lol:

And yeah a soldering gun and heat shrink will be used! Not by me, i'm too clumsy with little s**t like that but my cuz and his buddy are real good like that! :D
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Oh yeah one more thing....... :D

Any suggestions on where i mount the A/V unit? It looks like i have 4-6 feet of harnesses that all go to the A/V unit, nothing actually plugs into the HU it all goes to the A/v unit???

I'm thinking in or around the glove box, because i think i also want to cut out the front of the glove box and mount my PS2 there......

Any better suggestions?
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
depending on how big, there is allot of room under the drivers side dash where you could zip tie something up.

I know I put my remote starter unit there and it was quite big, I had allot more room to play with too.
Behind the glove box is easiest, because that's probably where you'd be putting the PS2 anyway
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
i'd presonally get the extension cable and mount the brain in the trunk
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jun 20 2005, 03:00 PM Wrote:i'd presonally get the extension cable and mount the brain in the trunk
[right][snapback]115702[/snapback][/right]

i think i might have enuff but i'd rather have it hiden somewhere
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Spare Tire Well?
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Jun 21 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:Spare Tire Well?
[right][snapback]115870[/snapback][/right]

Planning on picking up a full size spare that will fill the well and cutting the hatch floor(the mdf one i bought) around the rim........

But might not happen till the end of the season or next year.
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
Damn... I'm at a loss then. how big is the brain on this unit. Could you possibly hide it under the back seat. so you can up the seat to get to the wiring?
05 Altima SE-R