Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerworks **svt** Kits Now Taking Orders.
As Canada's Powerworks sole distributor i am please to announce the availability of the Powerworks SVT kits! here is the offical press release

Quote:It’s finally here!  After months of anticipation, the PowerWorks second major powertrain performance upgrade – the “Focus Force SVT” 2.0L, SVT supercharger kit – has just been released and is now available for order.

The kit adds a huge boost in performance by providing a complete, turn-key upgrade that adds an Eaton/Magnacharger  M62, positive displacement, roots-type supercharger, air-to-water intercooler, complete CARB-legal calibration, larger throttle body, new air induction, and ALL accessories required for installation. 

Installation is straight-forward and can be completed easily by competent do-it-yourselfers with basic tools in about 16 hours.  Like its 2.0 Liter Zetec countrepart, there is no cutting, welding, or fabrication required, and the car can be returned to stock at any time, with no undue effects.  Even the smallest details have been addressed by the PowerWorks engineering team so that items usually ignored in aftermarket kits, like the vacuum lines and wiring harnesses, are “plug and play,” requiring no modifications to the factory components. 

Testing of the FocusForce Kit began in April and development has been non-stop since then.  “The output is exactly what we have been advertising at SEMA, and it’s real - verified by SAE engine dyno and roll’s  testing,” said Mark Blaha, Chief Project Engineer.  “We are seeing 251 bhp at 7000 RPM, and 210 pound per feet of torque on the engine dyno,” Blaha added.

The key to the successful power upgrade is the calibration.  Based on PowerWorks vast experience in providing calibration directly to several major auto manufacturers, the PowerWorks kit includes a vastly remapped engine control module that changes timing and air-fuel ratios throughout the entire rev range to provide much higher performance levels while still maintaining long-term durability.  Further, idle quality, low-speed drivability, cold- and hot-weather capability, and complete on-board diagnostics are maintained in the PowerWorks calibration.  Each kit includes a postage-paid package to return the customer’s powertrain control module to PowerWorks for reflashing and shipping back to the customer within 24 hours.

Suggested retail pricing for the kit is $4,975.00 and includes a 1 year limited warranty.  Orders for the supercharger kits are being taken right now with kits expected to ship August 15, 2005.

“We want to get the kit to the market as soon as possible “ said Harvey Kulka, Marketing Manager at PowerWorks.  “We have had a huge demand for this product and, because of this, early distribution has become limited” Kulka added.

Because of the amount of units that can be casted and machined early on, there will be a limited supply of units for sale in August.  Those parties interested in purchasing these early kits will need to log onto the PowerWorks website (http://www.powerworks.net) and register.  “Once we have all the customer information, we will forward that data to our distributors and arrangements can then be made for payment and shipping,” Kulka said.

PowerWorks will be expanding the “Focus Force line of products” to include a wide variety of powertrain performance products for the entire range of Focus models, including some unique products, as well a supercharger kit for the largely-ignored automatic models.  Look for additional PowerWorks powertrain upgrade components, including supercharger kits for other makes and models, in 2005. 

For further information on PowerWorks products, to find a local distributor, or to become a PowerWorks distributor, contact Harvey Kulka at PowerWorks, (248) 471-5000. 

PowerWorks is a brand of MAHLE Powertrain, Inc.  The MAHLE Group is a worldwide leading manufacturer of engine components and filter systems. With more than 35,000 employees in over 65 production sites, MAHLE achieved sales of more than €3.7 billion in 2004, positioning MAHLE among the Top 30 Tier 1 automotive suppliers worldwide.

Canadian MSRP on the SVT kits will be $6470cnd
I will be selling them for $6200cnd shipped!

Standard Zetec kits are still $5900shipped!
please add 7% GST if outside of BC and add GST and PST if inside BC on all prices!

Automatic kits are still in the works as are the 2.3L duratech kits!

:headbang:
Purrybonker was dealing with me but his GF bought him his kit from FS.... here is a thread he posted about what it cost him direct from the states vs what it would have cost him from me: http://www.calgaryfocus.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=462

B)
i wish my GF was that nice to me

damn that's alot of power added .. close to 100hp to the wheels .. sounds like a great kit
Below Average Car Club
are thess number on 91 octane.

probably be ording one from sometime next year after i finish school and work for a while.
'03 Focus SVT
what exactly is powerworks i no a n00b of a question but i can't finger it out if its a turbo or a s/c or none of the above?....cause it goes in the back not the front?
the Powerworks SC is a M62 roots based Supercharger kit. it is air-to-water intercooled with a front mount air-to-water intercooler

we have one on your silver car:
[Image: pw003.jpg]
[Image: pw004.jpg]
[Image: pw005.jpg]

goes on the dyno friday and i'll be posting numbers as soon as i get back!
i'm expecting 230-240fwhp and around 200lb/ft assuming my AFR is in check. B)

i should also have some video on the dyno and on the street!
...then does that mean...haha umm i know alot about electronics and bodies not engines so leave me alone haha...does that mean u would still be able to put headers, on cuase the place were u put them is still there...and also throttle bodies....can u have them as welll as the powerworks?
and is there turbos that can put out the same numbers or around there....
dmcisaac,Jun 16 2005, 12:19 AM Wrote:...then does that mean...haha umm i know alot about electronics and bodies not engines so leave me alone haha...does that mean u would still be able to put headers, on cuase the place were u put them is still there...and also throttle bodies....can u have them as welll as the powerworks?
and is there turbos that can put out the same numbers or around there....
[right][snapback]114587[/snapback][/right]

Headers.... Yes, but why would you want to replace the headers on a SVT (engineered by cosworth)

Throttlebodies: Yes... superchargers still need throttlebodies to function (regulate airflow etc)

Turbos... yes..

All in all.. 6200 cdn is pretty damn steep especially for 250hp 210 torque. I wouldnt buy this kit unless it came for around 4k cdn....
thats if i could ever get insurance. :P
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
they are not even $4K-usd!? :(

if you have a SVT you wouldn't need the SVT headers, you already got them! ;)
and the best headers for a high HP(200+fwhp) SC application are the Kamikaze headers coupled with a 2.5" flex and 2.5" exhaust.

don't forget, the only other complete option out there that is this bolt-on and be done with it and puts out this level of power, is toms turbo which costs even more.