Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Safety Certificate
i need a favour, i dont have much time due to my work and time constrainghts, but i need to get my breaks done, and i need a safety certificate before jun 29, can anyone help
My other ride is your Mom
Are you selling your car?

Or are you buying out at lease end?
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
dBlast,Jun 15 2005, 04:59 PM Wrote:Are you selling your car?

Or are you buying out at lease end?
[right][snapback]114463[/snapback][/right]

not selling, it was actually my dads, and hes changing it over into my name. I might as well, im one step closer to moving out of here.
Are you sure you need a safety for that, All my dad did was goto the ministry and change the ownership into my name (there is always a fee though)

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
When you change ownerships into someone elses name you generally need Safety and Emisions.

Any place will charge the same for the certificate I believe because it's a Ministry thing.
Im not sure because each vehicle can be tranferred from family member to anoter tax free once in every 12 month period. You need to fill out a bunch of paper work. I may be wrong it may have changed but for sure you will not pay the PST on the red book value.

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
nope, dont have to pay pst, costin me nothing, but for safety, i guess it makes sense i should get my breaks done first then do it?
you probaby won't need to get your brakes done to pass the safety .. some guys don't even check .. just tell them you need it done to transfer the car from your dad's name to yours and they might just give it a quick look over and send you on your way.

Otherwise, i need to do rear brakes on my car ... so we could both do them at the same time and i'll help you where you need it .. what did you need done? fronts?
Below Average Car Club
Acutally you might not need a safety at all, when I did the change over on the Truck from my dad to me, ( I had my dad with me when I went to the MTO ) and the girl didn't look at any of the paper work, just made me and my dad sign a form, and asked if the plates are changing over too. They did and that was it, she never asked for the safety or the E-test papers at all.

If anything Paulo, just go the the MTO office and ask someone, it never hurts to ask for info. :D
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Check Alberts auto at the corner of dundas and glen erin. Its my buddy's dads place.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Frost__2001,Jun 16 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:If anything Paulo, just go the the MTO office and ask someone, it never hurts to ask for info. :D[right][snapback]114734[/snapback][/right]

Thanks Frost, thats exactly what I did, the first lady never mentioned about safety so we left and got e-test came back but the second lady did, so we told her the first lady didnt tell us to get it done, so she went up to the first lady, and gave her s**t because she forgot to tell us about it, maybe if I go and find someone stupid, I can try and get by without it?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Svt Certificate Jmountney1 20 4,511 04-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck