Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Just Came Back From Toronto
And i noticed two things every single license plate is different....there either black on white....or white and red an the yellow on and so on. We couldn't finger it out does someone want to explain to me the crazy license plates you guys have...and the other thing i noticed....is about half the people there their shirt is too big :blink:
blue on white are automobile plates
black on white are truck plates
yellow plates are dealer plates, as are red on white plates.
red plates are government plates
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Long shirts = GANGSTA :ph34r: :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jun 14 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:Long shirts = GANGSTA :ph34r: :lol:
[right][snapback]114257[/snapback][/right]
:lol: :lol:
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
:lol:
sooo many gangsta...but i also noticed there is wirting on the side of the plates that would say dealer or trailer?
you are correct.

and personalized plates may have anything from the trillium to a university logo as well.

darkpuppet,Jun 14 2005, 12:24 PM Wrote:you are correct.

and personalized plates may have anything from the trillium to a university logo as well.
[right][snapback]114286[/snapback][/right]

Puppet, You forgot the most important logo...

The Startrek Symbol.

I just checked the MTO site... the startrek plate doesnt exist anymore :o
05 Altima SE-R
There is also the red letter on white, this is a NEW dealer plate. I've noticed these more screwed onto the cars rather then when you take it one a test drive with the yellow plate.

So it's probably just the new dealer plates, but they look like the government ones
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 14 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:There is also the red letter on white, this is a NEW dealer plate. I've noticed these more screwed onto the cars rather then when you take it one a test drive with the yellow plate.

So it's probably just the new dealer plates, but they look like the government ones
[right][snapback]114305[/snapback][/right]

darkpuppet, Jun 14 2005 (read past the semicolon) Wrote:yellow plates are dealer plates, as are red on white plates.

nobody listens to me :P

I was surprised to see the new dealer plate.. i honestly thought it was an alberta plate at first.

Here are some other Ontario plate tidbits:

Plates prefixed by 'HV' = historical vehicle

Plates prefixed by 'VE' then a number = HAM radio operator (with plate matching radio licence)

Plate prefixed by 'CC' = foreign canadian consolate vehicle (be wary of these cars they do not follow canadian laws)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
scoobasteve,Jun 14 2005, 01:26 PM Wrote:
darkpuppet,Jun 14 2005, 12:24 PM Wrote:you are correct.

[right][snapback]114286[/snapback][/right]

Puppet, You forgot the most important logo...

The Startrek Symbol.

I just checked the MTO site... the startrek plate doesnt exist anymore :o
[right][snapback]114289[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I think they let their licensing deal with Paramount lapse. Probably not enough Trekkers paying the frieght, I mean a graphic plate is $78.85 and a personalized graphic plate is $319.60 :blink:

NefCanuck
(whose personalized plate back in '00 cost him "only" $210)
you came back from Toronto and all you can tell us about your trip was your observation on our Licence Plates? what about the rest of the trip? where did you go, where did you stay? was it fun? etc?
come on now, lol
My other ride is your Mom
Do you have a startrek plate nefcanuck... if you do, youre probably one of like 5 people
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Jun 15 2005, 09:10 PM Wrote:Do you have a startrek plate nefcanuck... if you do, youre probably one of like 5 people
[right][snapback]114472[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

yeah...and that got beat up in high school!!

jokes jokes...no offense to trekkers :P
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
hahaha, BURN
05 Altima SE-R
dmcisaac,Jun 14 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:And i noticed two things every single license plate is different....there either black on white....or white and red an the yellow on and so on. We couldn't finger it out does someone want to explain to me the crazy license plates you guys have...and the other thing i noticed....is about half the people there their shirt is too big :blink:
[right][snapback]114253[/snapback][/right]

just to add a bit more to your comments,

yellow, black writing, old dealer plates now being used for mechanic plates only, you are not allowed to drive with these after bussiness hours.

white plate, red writing also says DRL on it, its the new dealer plates, you can have these plates and drive them all the time. no time limit

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

paolo,Jun 14 2005, 08:28 PM Wrote:you came back from Toronto and all you can tell us about your trip was your observation on our Licence Plates? what about the rest of the trip? where did you go, where did you stay? was it fun? etc?
come on now, lol
[right][snapback]114354[/snapback][/right]

ummm
ummm
ummm
first thing i notcied hah was the air...and the dirty ness
from calgary i never see that...umm i stayed in sum s**t bob hotel umm hillcrest?
we rented a altima and that thing is crazy
twas warm
saw one good care...but it was a civic...and had everything done to it but nothing done to the engine....my brother almost went and hitt him
hmmm i went to sobeys at 1 and that was weird and life changing
no ones shirt fits them
saw alot of foci non pretty
and the effing bat tank at eatons center it was amazin
and my bro is importating a silvia that is exciting haha the end
scoobasteve,Jun 15 2005, 05:10 PM Wrote:Do you have a startrek plate nefcanuck... if you do, youre probably one of like 5 people
[right][snapback]114472[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I ain't no Trekker.. I'm an Anime Geek, get it right :D and my plates reference something that only an anime geek would get... who was willing to watch dubbed anime (Talk about a subset of a subset ;) )

NefCanuck
I dont watch anime. but i think you should post the plates up and see if anyone gets the meaning. haha
05 Altima SE-R