Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling A Focus
Here's the problem trying to sell a Focus. Firstly it's a Ford Focus.

I have my car at the end of my driveway with a sign in the window. I have had several calls from this. They go 1 of two ways. " what year is your Focus?" 2002 " how much are you asking?" 16,000 "Okay thanks Bye!"

Or it goes like this " I'm looking for a car for my wife, is it standard or auto?" It's a 6 spd manual " Oh she doesn't drive stick.. Thanks Bye!"

From the ad in Autotrader I have 3 different call types.
1: "Where are you located?" Ottawa "Oh...... I'll give you 14k unseen" Nope "Thanks Bye!" I have had two calls like this.

2: "I'm looking for a car for my wife/mother (had both)" blah blah blah... "Thanks, Bye!"

3: "We're looking for a car for our son, Where are you located?" Ottawa " We'll give you 14,500" Nope, bottom line is 15k as is " As is!!?? Okay Thanks bye!"

Problem is that to everyone it is a Focus. Entry level econobox. Nobody knows any different and that is why you can't give these things away.It doesn't say Honda any where on it so I'm gonna have to trade it in to be able to sell it..

What a shame. No wonder Ford stopped making them.
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
Just ask donway ford how hard it has been to sell their svt focus.

I find it hard to believe the dealer that sold my old focus , sold it for 10,000, a 2001 auto with a lowered shitty ride, and 96,000kms, no spare tire, oil leaking valve cover, cracked headlights.

Funny thing is I tried in the trader for 7000 and the calls were pretty much the same, couldn't sell it.
I don't hold hope of selling my focus, just plan to run it to the ground, or blow it up :ph34r:
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
HeHeHe.... I bought mine at Donway. It was on the lot for 1 day. I bought it a month before it even arrived. Paid full sticker for it. 30,105... :o

Prolly Is not a word
I don't plan on selling mine either... plan to use it until it rotts and falls apart. may good for another 10 years.. with a yearly rustproofing treatment the body should last.. and I always do all the required maintenance.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
bluetoy,Jun 12 2005, 03:08 AM Wrote:HeHeHe.... I bought mine at Donway.  It was on the lot for 1 day. I bought it a month before it even arrived. Paid full sticker for it. 30,105... :o
[right][snapback]113832[/snapback][/right]
I don't know whether I should laugh at you or cry for you.......
same here 30,000
focus svt bleu sonic .
I hear ya. Never going to get anything. Best way is to just drive it to the ground.

Is your SVT paid off? Why not just keep as a 2nd car?
15k .. what a deal. :o
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I got my 2004 Zx3 for 12,800 with 6000 kms on it no accidents :lol:
04 Silver ZX3, 17" Focal wheels, cold air intake,[COLOR=blue]
ZX3TUNR,Jun 12 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:I hear ya. Never going to get anything. Best way is to just drive it to the ground.

Is your SVT paid off? Why not just keep as a 2nd car?
[right][snapback]113840[/snapback][/right]

I've got 4 cars now. 3 is plenty. 1 for the wife to drive to work. 1 for my toy. 1 for my winter car.

ZX3Blake,Jun 12 2005, 4:15 AM Wrote:I got my 2004 Zx3 for 12,800 with 6000 kms on it no accidents :lol: [right][snapback]113840[/snapback][/right]

That's why I can't sell my SVT.

Prolly Is not a word
$16000, thats a great price, I think it takes a lot longer to sell a SVT, I remember trying to buy the Red SVT at Donway and they wouldnt come down in Price (22500), I figured I was the only person in the GTA in the MArket for an SVT so I had the pickings. Most of the ones I looked at are still at the dealers for sale. I paid 17500 for mine with 8000km, and I thought that was a little high for a FOCUS. But that was $6000 less than a SIR Civic and It is such a better driving car. Wish you were selling when I was looking, I would have been first in line with the cash. :(

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
If you want it sold, put it in consignment. If you were closer, I would put it in my showroom and sell it for you. I am trying real hard to get one on my lot. I would put it in our showroom next to our Viper
How long have you had it for sale?, all those calls sound pretty normal.

It is simply a matter of time and probably not much longer.

:unsure:
Cruz'n the West Coast
I plan to run my to the ground and when that happens it will become a track car lol.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
bcfocus,Jun 12 2005, 10:53 PM Wrote:How long have you had it for sale?, all those calls sound pretty normal.

It is simply a matter of time and probably not much longer.

:unsure:
[right][snapback]113911[/snapback][/right]

It's been for sale since last fall.

Prolly Is not a word
bluetoy,Jun 11 2005, 11:08 PM Wrote:HeHeHe.... I bought mine at Donway.  It was on the lot for 1 day. I bought it a month before it even arrived. Paid full sticker for it. 30,105... :o
[right][snapback]113832[/snapback][/right]

manusvt,Jun 12 2005, 12:04 AM Wrote:same here 30,000
[right][snapback]113839[/snapback][/right]

OUCH! :o These cars are great, don't get me wrong, but that's why they never sold. Price of admission was just too high, that's why most sat on the lot, then got sold at blowout prices just to get them off the lot. That's how I got mine.
same here, i got mine for 20 flat. in april 04.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
totally understand.. people dont want to buy an SVT.. they are looking for a car.. thats it.. and those that do want an SVT know its expensive but will still try and give a lower offer.. (not saying your car is expensive.. its just more than a regular focus)

but hey.. you can't force people to buy it.. most just dont recognize the difference or might not even want the difference if they knew about it
ZX3T gone..