Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying!
when take my foot off the clutch and gas the car... it sounded like the breaks were squeaking.. so when i got new breaks, i figured that the noise would go away but it didnt. the car is still doing this. it happens when im starting off in first gear.. but once i get going the noise goes away.... is anyone else having this problem? its driving me insane.
Life's good... Hockey's better
It stops once you start going in first gear or when you shift out of first gear?
2000 ZX3
it usually stops when i start going in first gear..
Humm... Id almost be tempted to blame something rubbing but that make's no sence that it would stop.
Had any transmission work done to it sence you got it?

And where is the sound comming from. Front end, Back end, Engine, Under the car?
2000 ZX3
i have had zero tranny work done to it.. the noise is coming from the front end of the car..where the wheels are
Could be a throw-out bearing.

I have a odd sound too. After take off Mid way threw 1st it stops.
Humm. Well if your sure the break's arnt rubbing and sence they were just done they shouldnt be.

Well It could be ball joint or bearing problem but I cant say for sure. Ive never had this problem.

2000 ZX3
Chromey,Jun 11 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:Could be a throw-out bearing.

[right][snapback]113795[/snapback][/right]

What does that noise sound like? I got a weird noise to in first taking off, but its not squealing its more like a ticking. I had that since I got the car :lol: Just thought it was the focus :rolleyes:
hardk0re,Jun 11 2005, 10:26 PM Wrote:
Chromey,Jun 11 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:Could be a throw-out bearing.

[right][snapback]113795[/snapback][/right]

What does that noise sound like? I got a weird noise to in first taking off, but its not squealing its more like a ticking. I had that since I got the car :lol: Just thought it was the focus :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]113803[/snapback][/right]

yeah i got that sound in first gear too...like a fast paced rattling, but more liek ticking...hard to hear unless i have the windows down
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
hahahah i have that sound aswell... on top of the squeaking
I had that problem with my old focus, it was related to the pads themselves, I went through a set before they got it fixed right. I found it was more noticeable when I was in heavy stop & go traffic myself.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Ats weird I just did the pads and rotors myself on mine and its just an everyday break job. Nothing special about it in anyway so I dont see how the break's would cause that on so many cars.
2000 ZX3
It's called "gear rollover noise" It's caused by a misalignment of the tranny.

Apparently it;s harmless. :lol: :rolleyes:
how much is it to fix?
Not cheap... Tranny work is never cheap. If you take it to ford it might be under some kind of warrenty. Call them and have em take a look. Couldnt hurt right?
2000 ZX3
It's extensive to have it fiked. They have to remove the tranny. I believe. All three times I had the car in, I was in a loaner for a couple of days.

It's not harmful so just leave well enough alone.

Plus, it doesn't do it all the time. B)
taking it there to fix it, ford will probly cause more problems...if it doesnt effect the running condition i wouldnt touch it...

next thing you know your driving home and the tranny fluid is pouring..

"ummm yeah...our tech forgot to put something back on..."
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...