Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radar Detectors
Anyone using radar? I got a Passport 8500 X50 and I swear by it. Saved me countless speeding tickets and gave me many hours of worry free highway driving. Anyone else using radar? I know its legal in BC, but I'm not sure if it is in the prairies?
Dan
My buddies got an 8500 as well, great investment, saved our ass on a trip to Van a few weeks ago. It's pn my list of things to get. Right now I just have a cheapy, but it saved me a couple of times thereby paying for itself. But the higher end ones seem to be definately worth the added money.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
Is the Passport 8500 X50 detectable? Because cops now have radars that can detect the signals the a radar detector sends and it's a 300$ + fine if you get got with one.
Turbo arrived!
You BCers are lucky. Theyre not only illegal here in Ontario, but they have radar detector detectors here. My friend got caught with one, and if he said no when the cop asked him if he was using one, the cop would legally search the car untill he finds it. My friend also took it to court and lost (you'll never win in court) but got the fine reduced to 140 from 170, plus they confiscate the radar detector indefinately.
My other ride is your Mom
Not Illegal here in sask. need to buy one now tho :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Radar detector detectors? Wow. That really bites. One drawback to radar detectors is that they go off on motion sensing doors and cameras too but most detectors have a city setting to minimize that band.. But its on a different band... I haven't seen very many people with radar detectors where I live (kelowna, BC).. don't know how lucky we are!
Dan
I got a whistler model 1773 radar, i love it its digital and has voice, it has also saved me countless tickets, i got a deal on it i payed 250, my radar detector also has a VG2 mode so when a radar detector,detector is being used it cloaks itself for 30 seconds, pretty cool
04 Silver ZX3, 17" Focal wheels, cold air intake,[COLOR=blue]